Spokane, WA

Posted August 01, 2014
My child was relentlessly bullied by parents and children at this school. If you come from money and have the classic country club family structure you will probably thrive here. Acceptance is unfortunately not a value that is taught at this school. My child heard mentions of racism, homophobia, sexism, and blatant intolerance. The jokes some of the privileged children here will make are at the dispense of those who are suffering. And there is a drug problem here. The headmaster shows hypocrisy when dealing with this problem of alcohol and other drugs. He will chats or certain students meanwhile the ones that come from prominent families will be turned a shoulder from. This experience was overall very bad for my child. That being said there are some good teachers here who will write your children great teacher recommendations for college and the campus is just as beautiful as a private university.

Posted April 12, 2014
We moved from another state with far more advanced schools than the Spokane area has to offer. Our children were so bored in public school that after a year we switched them both to SGS. Now they LOVE going to school and everyday come home sharing everything they learned that day. So far we are very pleased with the school.

Posted March 28, 2014
Saint George s has an excellent kindergarten teacher who has taught at the school for nearly a decade. Her classroom is an energetic, fun learning environment that prepares students for success in later grades. As for the review below, based on the date, it was likely posted by the parent of a student who was recently dismissed due to ongoing behavior problems. You can read the other reviews below for a more balanced perspective on the school s teachers.

Posted January 24, 2014
The kindergarten teacher berates students and turns students against each other. They are quick in dismissing students from their school

Posted December 04, 2013
This school is terrific. I just came here this year, and my family got financial aid from them. It is true there are many opportunities and extracurricular activities here. In the middle school there is outdoor club(climbing, kayaking and general outdoors activities) and robotics club and many sports too. The PE is really fun and all the teachers give you the grade that you deserve and explain how to fix it if you did a bad job. Also, if you're competitive, you will like this school because there are many opportunities to compete with your classmates. The only problem with this school is the amount of homework. Without after school activities it would be fine but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to things that are interesting to me, which nearly all of the subjects are. This is good but also a problem because when i want to learn more, I can't because there is always more to do. On average i have about 3.5 hours of free time including dinner. This school has done wonders for my academics though. My rate of learning is growing exponentially and i quickly rose in the academic hierarchy. But if you're child is coming here from a public school they need to be ready for a HUGE change

Posted April 30, 2013
We love Saint George's School for our 5 year old daughter. She went to kindergarten for the first 6 months at a public school and we noticed she was behind in almost every category. Upon placing her at Saint George she has grown remarkably in just the few months she has been there. We love Ms. Kathy and the parents are involved and committed to helping the students grow. The price tag is definitely worth it. You will not regret your decision.

Posted February 19, 2013
After 15 years and two graduates of Saint George's School I feel I am qualified to give Saint George's an A+ rating. Both of our children were accepted at all the colleges they applied to but more importantly once they got there they were both WELL prepared for college and are excelling above and beyond their peers. Saint George's is a close knit community where your child is more than just a number! The curriculum is individually-challenging and strongly encourages "critical thinking", something that can not be achieved in the largely overpopulated classrooms of the public schools. Add caring teachers, extremely involved parents and a gorgeous environment to the mix and what you end up with are well educated kids ready to tackle the world and all it has to offer. No school is perfect but I strongly recommend St. George's to anyone in the Spokane area wanting more for their child.

Posted October 10, 2012
I have attended 6th, 7th, and 8th grade at this school as a student, and the difference between it and the public school I attended in my grade-school years is astounding. Not only am I happy to finally be able to work at my own level, but Saint Georges offers a variety of opportunities not normally given at schools. I am able to experience teachers that care, have fun learning, and participate in a variety extra-curricular activities. Also, most of the students are well-mannered, respective, and very acceptant. I love Saint George's for its challenges in academics, sports, and personal growth. Students are pushed to work hard, at a level at which they are rapidly learning, but are not under or over-worked. It's an excellent colllege preporatory school and I am proud for having attended it even just for a couple years.

Posted February 13, 2012
The Saint George's School website has facts or call Admissions at 509.466.1636 x 304. Teacher bios accompany admission packets. Regarding faculty turn-over, 19 teachers have left over the past five years. 15: relocated to advance their or their spouse's career, passed away, hired as a short term sub, or retired. 4, unfortunately, lost their job due to either a decline in enrollment in their specific subject area or for poor performance. 22 non-teaching members have left due to economic cut backs, career advances, retirement, re-location, or poor performance. Teacher s salaries are 93% of public school salaries. 39% of students receive financial aid. Over 1 million dollars goes to financial aid serving income levels <$30,000 to $160,000. Homework varies according to grade level and student ability; usually 2 hours for high school if study halls are not utilized. No one likes or can work with a parent and/or child who bullies. Bullying is not tolerated. Families are asked to leave regardless of income. Cheating is not tolerated. In reviewing the list of teachers who have left, I cannot figure out who would write the previous review leading me to believe it was falsely submitted.

Posted July 21, 2011
,The sister of Bill Gates gave generously to inprove the staff salaries and buildings, but the teacher and staff turn over is outrageous. Many teachers do NOT have teaching certificates.. Putting 12 privileged, parent supported, entitled students together will naturally produce high test score anywhere. Your child is ensured entry to a private university but 3=4 hours of homework per night is the norm. Wealthly parents run the school, lots of pressure and bullying and unfortunately many students cheat.. After 5 years I left.. Teachers are bullied by parents, and not supported or paid well.

Saint George's School