Spokane, WA

Posted September 06, 2014
Bowdish I still find it as a great school. I do great in my classes. i haven't been bullied. I find most of my teachers are fun but some are mean. I find that I do better in those classes. I find Mr.Larson is a more strict than our last principle. I am glad that i here for my 7th and 8th grade year.

Posted July 18, 2012
I went to Bowdish for less then a month, and was bullied horribly. The teachers didnt do anything abut it and the girls heir were extreamly creul. ive been to 5 middle schools and this was the wrst.

Posted January 28, 2011
My daughter has gone to Bowdish for two years (6th and 7th grade), and I'm shocked that the previous reviews. She has had consistently excellent teachers who have bent over backwards to help her succeed. Even though she is not a popular kid, she has never mention bullying of any type, although I am sure it happens at every school in the country. Having volunteered and worked with the teachers at this school, I know without a doubt that this forum contains some significant misinformation (see posts #1 and #2). I look forward to my daughter s 8th grade year, and I look forward to my son attending Bowdish also.

Bowdish Middle School 3

Posted March 15, 2010
Definitely not happy with this school, while bullying is not tolerated it continues to flourish in this environment. Children who are outside the norm are teased and bullied for the fun of it. If the teachers do notice and address it it just goes underground and continues. If a child complains it may or may not be addressed due to the teachers attitude on the topci. I've found the principal to be supportive in this regard, but the teachers are not always in sync with him and your child will be left to struggle on their own. You have to take an active role in their defense, even at the risk of being labeled a pain becuase you are defending your child from others who cannot seem to figure out how to live and left live. If your child struggles with bullies, this may not be the best place for them.

Posted February 15, 2008

Posted February 15, 2008

Bowdish Middle School 0

Posted September 05, 2007
I am completely disgusted with this school. My daughter came from Opportunity to Bowdish for 6th grade. The Opportunity Elementary staff was so helpful and enthusiastic, they made me want to participate in volunteering and helping out in fundraisers. But from day one Bowdish Middle has made life difficult for both of us. And the staff is brash, unwilling to help, and sometimes rude. I really don't even want her to go back there. Last year the homework load was overwhelming. They won't bus my daughter, even though we are about a mile from the school, which means she has to walk up a hill with no sidewalks with a backpack and a violin every day. Parents don't even show up for the events unless it's sports or music. Something needs to be done, or improved.

Bowdish Middle School 3

Posted March 18, 2007
- a former student
I went to Bowdish my 6th grade year and mybrother and siter went there all three years. My 6th grade year was ok. I loved the teachers but was no too interested in the students. There are no clubs at Bowdish. There are no advanced programs (except for in math) for students that want to challenge themselves. There is deffinitely no diversity. On the bright side, Bowdish is pretty small wich means closer relationships between students and teachers.

Posted May 28, 2005

Posted May 25, 2005

Bowdish Middle School
2109 South Skipworth Rd, Spokane, WA  99206
Last modified Bowdish Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bowdish Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top