Spokane, WA

Posted August 15, 2014
My worst decision as a parent was to send my son to this school. The school is split into 2 programs and it is pretty clear to see which program is favored. The principal seems to undermine the intelligence of the parents and act as if this isn t obvious to see. The teachers lack enthusiasm for teaching and the office staff could learn some manners from my 6 year. The school hardly offers the opportunity for parent involvement which makes it difficult to have a strong relationship with the staff. Worst school in this district! Stay away!

Posted May 17, 2014
Putting my child in this school was the worst decision I ever made. When she started here she was a year ahead in math and reading. She was bullied beyond belief and the principal did nothing about it. They even had video of a kid reaching over the seat on the bus and ripping my daughters hair out. Nothing happened. My daughter was only in this school 1 year when I pulled her out and put her back at Roosevelt now she is behind on math and reading. I have told many parents about this and have many that have taken their kids out because of poor teaching and poor staff attitudes. Worst school in this district! Plus her teacher in her class picture was glaring.

Broadway Elementary School 4

Posted February 20, 2013
The only reason that I did not give Broadway 5 stars is simply because my daughter needs to be challenged by her school work, and they do not individualize their teaching plan to include the higher level children, it seems to be up to the individual teacher. Ms. Banta is awesome!

Posted April 02, 2011
I was a student at Broadway three years ago. I went there since I was in preschool. I always felt that it was like a home to me. The teachers are very personal. I wasn't very good in math as a 4th grader. My 4th grade teacher took his extra time to help me out before and after school. Now I am an 8th grader taking a freshman math class. Broadway has a lot to be proud of and I am glad to say I was a Broadway star. The staff is awesome and this school also helped my get out of my shy zone.

Broadway Elementary School 0

Posted December 15, 2008
Broadway has been a great school for my son. He is ADHD and has Tourette Syndrome, they have worked with him and gave him confidence in being able to go to school and not get suspended weekly!

Broadway Elementary School 0

Posted November 15, 2008
Broadway's dedicated highly trained staff do an excellent job with students who remain in the builidng for 3 or more years. They will pass the state WASL test if there are no learning disabiities. Thirty-three percent of our students do not remain in the building and many have attended more than three schools in their first years of education. These are tough odds to overcome but we continue to provide high quality education to all of our students.

Posted September 30, 2008
I am very disappointed in Broadway schools. My son has a learning disability and they have just swept him under the rug. I can see why children drop out of school.......

Posted September 28, 2007
Broadway is a great school! My kids have attended Broadway for 5 years and I am very impressed with the quality of the teachers!

Posted October 05, 2006
They do not teach phonics in kindergarten which is the only way to learn reading. They teach memorizing words, the kids are bored and unchallenged. we have decided to remove our child and put her in gusethame Lutheran, they have superior teaching methods. I am severely disappointed in this school and the pto involves 8 parents. No one is participating in this school it is sad.

Posted September 19, 2006
I feel that my two children are getting a good education at Broadway elementary. The Teachers are very good at keeping the parents involved. The programs seem to keep the kids interest up and they are learning quickly. My girls love to go to school and the amount of homework is not overbearing. Broadway has a good music, library, and P.E. program as well. :)

Broadway Elementary School
11016 East Broadway Ave, Spokane, WA  99206
Last modified Broadway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Broadway Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top