PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

SCS incorporates Jesus in every subject. The teachers walk the walk and talk the talk.

Southside Christian is a school that goes above and beyond with curriculum, staff, and care for the students. The love and care that my daughter receives each day is amazing! She loves learning, going to school, and her walk with the Lord. I researched many schools before enrolling her in SCS. I haven't had one regret! SCS is more than a school-it's family!

Our children have been at SCS from preschool-5th grade, thus far. As parents, we were impressed with the education provided. One of the highlights of this school is the Barely 5's program that targets children with summer/fall birthdays. Our child, birthday early Sept., could've been the youngest in her class, but we decided to send her to B5's class. She got an extra year of schooling before kindergarten and benefited so much! She is now in 3rd grade, a leader, excelling academically, and a confident child. Having been a military family before, this was the perfect school for our children to integrate into. They were/are loved, cherished, & valued for the individuals they are. The staff, in its entirety, are amazing. They go above & beyond for the children & the parents. I have never been so blessed by any group of people as I have been by them. The principal works with us on all levels. She takes time to hear all of our questions and works with us financially so our children can continue attending. Our children love learning in a Christian setting and are challenged to grow in their faith, as well. They both attended public school for a year due to a military move and both experienced stark differences. Both children missed praying openly, chapel, and being able to talk about Christ. I love the integration of education and Christian values both have experienced at SCS.

We love SCS! We've had our kids here in both elementary and middle school grades, and it's been a great fit! The teachers are so kind and continually work to creatively challenge each student to reach their full potential. The administrator and board are wonderful - they clearly have a passion for the school and each student. SCS is an incredible investment in our kids!

My daughter went to Preschool there and it was the most amazing experience for her. I love this school. Full of wonderful caring people!

My husband is a university philosophy professor and I am a nonprofit consultant, so our educational and organizational expectations are high. Even still, we find Southside Christian School perfect for what we are looking for. 1) They take a "Love & Logic" approach, showing students that their decisions have natural consequences. Check out "Love & Logic." 2) The teachers are well-educated on the intellectual and social value of play and therefore allow time for play learning as well as other more academic subjects. 3) They use "Handwriting without Tears" curriculum for teaching preschoolers and early writers to write in age-appropriate stages. Check out HWT. 4) The teachers are incredibly kind, gentle, but consistent enough that my children respect them and obey them. 5) They teach the Bible in easy to understand lessons and make a wonderful springboard for our dinner table conversations about the flood, Jesus' birth, his death, etc. Like any educational institution, it is necessary for parents to explore and reinforce learning concepts at home. I love the way we are involved in and reinforced by lessons surrounding these important biblical concepts.

My son has been at Southside from P-6th gr. The teachers are great to work with and the environment, esp grades P-6, is exceptional. Their English curriculum is absolutely incredible. My son not only learned at a higher academic level, but has also developed into an incredible young man morally & ethically due to the school's teaching. I highly recommend this school for kids in P-6. The only difficult part has been the lack of space.

The staff is highly qualified. My two girls are receiving an excellent education in a loving environment

I have just moved one of my children from the public school system to this school and so far am very happy. My child seems to be thriving at the school and loves the extra attention with only 12 children in his class. He does wish they had a larger play area but is very happy there.

Last modified Southside Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8