Spokane, WA

Posted August 06, 2015
We love SCS! We've had our kids here in both elementary and middle school grades, and it's been a great fit! The teachers are so kind and continually work to creatively challenge each student to reach their full potential. The administrator and board are wonderful - they clearly have a passion for the school and each student. SCS is an incredible investment in our kids!

Posted July 03, 2015
My daughter went to Preschool there and it was the most amazing experience for her. I love this school. Full of wonderful caring people!

Posted December 10, 2012
My husband is a university philosophy professor and I am a nonprofit consultant, so our educational and organizational expectations are high. Even still, we find Southside Christian School perfect for what we are looking for. 1) They take a "Love & Logic" approach, showing students that their decisions have natural consequences. Check out "Love & Logic." 2) The teachers are well-educated on the intellectual and social value of play and therefore allow time for play learning as well as other more academic subjects. 3) They use "Handwriting without Tears" curriculum for teaching preschoolers and early writers to write in age-appropriate stages. Check out HWT. 4) The teachers are incredibly kind, gentle, but consistent enough that my children respect them and obey them. 5) They teach the Bible in easy to understand lessons and make a wonderful springboard for our dinner table conversations about the flood, Jesus' birth, his death, etc. Like any educational institution, it is necessary for parents to explore and reinforce learning concepts at home. I love the way we are involved in and reinforced by lessons surrounding these important biblical concepts.

Southside Christian School 4

Posted April 28, 2010
My son has been at Southside from P-6th gr. The teachers are great to work with and the environment, esp grades P-6, is exceptional. Their English curriculum is absolutely incredible. My son not only learned at a higher academic level, but has also developed into an incredible young man morally & ethically due to the school's teaching. I highly recommend this school for kids in P-6. The only difficult part has been the lack of space.

Posted July 11, 2009
The staff is highly qualified. My two girls are receiving an excellent education in a loving environment

Southside Christian School 4

Posted January 03, 2008
I have just moved one of my children from the public school system to this school and so far am very happy. My child seems to be thriving at the school and loves the extra attention with only 12 children in his class. He does wish they had a larger play area but is very happy there.

Posted August 05, 2005
Southside Christian School has proven to be an excellent school, academically as well as socially. It is also very affordable. I have two daughters, both of whom have been with the school since they were 3, who are doing very well in the stable, warm and supportive environment. One of my daughters excels in reading and writing, and this school has encouraged and supported her extra efforts in this regard. My other daughter has bloomed socially, and demonstrates great compassion, no doubt related to the emotionally supportive environment characteristic of the school. I enthusiastically recommend this school!

Posted February 18, 2005
We have three children at Southside, ages 12, 9 and 5 and we have been so blessed by this school. Our children have a love for learning, and a desire to live a Godly life even at young ages. They are challenged academically and spiritually, and are given many opportunities to experience what it means to be a servant of Christ by working in the community and making a difference. The entire staff at Southside desires to teach each child as a gifted and unique individual and in response I believe the children thrive.

Southside Christian School
401 East 30th Avenue, Spokane, WA  99203
Last modified Southside Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Southside Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top