Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted November 20, 2015
I had two sons there for 2 years until the finally straw happened & I pulled them out. After problems the year before I was surprised that nothing had changed. They had/have a nurse who lacks training in proper procedures in contacting parents. The nurse didn’t not contact me when my 2nd grader had an accident on the playground & received a concussion. He did NOT receive help until his classroom teacher noticed he was completely out of it during class. When I was finally called I rushed him to the ER and he had a serious concussion. I told everyone at the school for the future that if my children come down to the office, call me, period. The following year, 30 days into the school year my 1st grader was assaulted on the playground by another child kicking him in the head while he was hanging upside down on the monkey bars. I didn’t find this out until my 1st grader got in the car at pick up time & gave me a warning sheet about signs of a head injury. Again I was NOT contacted except for a half of sheet of paper that my 1st grade was responsible for showing me. I called & left a message for MRS. MCCLURE (conveniently in meetings) & when I receive a call back it was from the newly hired Vice principle that I have never meet or even since. I asked him why she didn’t return my call and he didn’t have an answer. He seemed nice enough & stated that he would try & handle this situation. However, in the end nothing was solved & nothing changed, I did receive a strongly worded email from Susanne Beauchaine the executive Director of Student Services that her nurse did no wrong and when I told her the nurse didn’t not call me she said she did and that was that. I have the phone records to prove my side for both occasions. I felt as Ms. McClure didn’t want to be bothered by my son’s and I, since I decided to homeschool. Since enrolling my children in K12 program I needed a recent progress report. I started emailing the administration Nov 4th, 6th, 9th, 12th, 13th and finally on the 18th I was passed around for 2 weeks then received last year’s report cards NOT this year’s progress reports. I have yet to hear from the principle after 3 direct email to her. Conclusion: I found Cherrydale to be a VERY cute school with GREAT Anti-bullying pledges and nice teachers. However, Mrs. McClure is completely unprofessional, petty, cold and struggling in her leadership position.

Cherrydale Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 09, 2015
Well I am 24 now and I went here for preschool... I turned out alright haha! But honestly some of my fondest memories were at this school!

Posted March 06, 2015
This is an incredible school. The staff makes learning exciting and fun. My kiddos look forward to coming each and every day. They have made incredible strides in reading and math this year. I am so impressed with the time and energy each teacher takes to work with students 1-1 and in small groups. The principal is positive and encourages students frequently. We are so happy to be a part of Cherrydale Primary!

Posted March 05, 2015
Excellent facility however, this is the worst school my children have ever attended. This school is extremely far behind academically. Thursday packets feel more like advertisement and harassment then updates on student education. Can't wait until my kids transfer out this year, they deserve a better education.

Posted May 27, 2014
I was very disappointment in school and school district. Students with special needs are treated very poorly.

Posted May 15, 2014
We love Cherrydale! My kids have had awesome teachers and have learned so much. There have been lots of extras that have made their experience even better like Mileage Club, Cheetah Leaders, PTA events, field trips, concerts and holiday events. PE does creative things like Geo-caching, the music teacher is awesome and enthusiastic and the librarian is super. The support staff is fantastic and make the kids and parents feel right at home. There's no part of school that my kids don't like.

Posted May 12, 2014
We are a military family who moved to the area this school year -- and I could not be happier with Cherrydale! My child's teacher has been wonderful, and the principal has welcomed me and my family into the school community. The principal has always answered questions and always seems accessible -- and the office staff goes out of its way to make the public feel welcome. Cherrydale has been a great experience!

Cherrydale Elementary School 2

Posted May 08, 2012
Cherrydale is a basic primary school. It really doesn't do more than teach to lowly standardized testing and teach to the lower third of the class. No child is chllenged here. The school has a pathetic music program (kids sing to prerecorded songs with kids already singing on them!) and no art classes. PE may be the best thing going for this school. New principal this year but it is same old same old for Steilacoom School District. So sad for the kids.

Posted May 24, 2011
Great School and Great Kindergarten Teacher. The staff is also very helpful. We love the school.

Posted July 25, 2010
Cherrydale is a cute school but the teachers are terrible. Only 1 teacher in 3 years was decent. They have too many kids in a single class or teachers just don't pay enough attention to children needing help. One teacher at a conference told me that out of 100 kids, 99 of them were doing better than my child! She also said the children learning English as a second language were at higher levels than my child. First off not a good way to say you think my child is stupid! She had my child tested for special education classes and of course I was told my child was fine special education wasn't needed. I would tell her to ask the teacher for help when she did not understand something and the teacher would say to ask another student. Who gets paid to teach my child, the teacher or your kids?

Cherrydale Elementary School
1201 Galloway, Steilacoom, WA  98388
Last modified Cherrydale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3
Cherrydale Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top