Steilacoom, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted May 27, 2014
I was very disappointment in school and school district. Students with special needs are treated very poorly.

Posted May 15, 2014
Both of my children attend Cherrydale, they love learning, and look forward to seeing the staff everyday. Cherrydale's staff goes out of the way to personalize things for both students and parents. They are warm, inviting, and very approachable. We have been impressed with the principal as she is present in both the classrooms and around the school. Her involvement means a lot to us! The PTA is wonderfully active and plans all sorts of enjoyable activities for families. All in all, we feel so fortunate to have happy kids getting a top notch education!

Posted May 15, 2014
We love Cherrydale! My kids have had awesome teachers and have learned so much. There have been lots of extras that have made their experience even better like Mileage Club, Cheetah Leaders, PTA events, field trips, concerts and holiday events. PE does creative things like Geo-caching, the music teacher is awesome and enthusiastic and the librarian is super. The support staff is fantastic and make the kids and parents feel right at home. There's no part of school that my kids don't like.

Posted May 12, 2014
We are a military family who moved to the area this school year -- and I could not be happier with Cherrydale! My child's teacher has been wonderful, and the principal has welcomed me and my family into the school community. The principal has always answered questions and always seems accessible -- and the office staff goes out of its way to make the public feel welcome. Cherrydale has been a great experience!

Cherrydale Elementary School 2

Posted May 08, 2012
Cherrydale is a basic primary school. It really doesn't do more than teach to lowly standardized testing and teach to the lower third of the class. No child is chllenged here. The school has a pathetic music program (kids sing to prerecorded songs with kids already singing on them!) and no art classes. PE may be the best thing going for this school. New principal this year but it is same old same old for Steilacoom School District. So sad for the kids.

Posted May 24, 2011
Great School and Great Kindergarten Teacher. The staff is also very helpful. We love the school.

Posted July 25, 2010
Cherrydale is a cute school but the teachers are terrible. Only 1 teacher in 3 years was decent. They have too many kids in a single class or teachers just don't pay enough attention to children needing help. One teacher at a conference told me that out of 100 kids, 99 of them were doing better than my child! She also said the children learning English as a second language were at higher levels than my child. First off not a good way to say you think my child is stupid! She had my child tested for special education classes and of course I was told my child was fine special education wasn't needed. I would tell her to ask the teacher for help when she did not understand something and the teacher would say to ask another student. Who gets paid to teach my child, the teacher or your kids?

Cherrydale Elementary School 4

Posted January 24, 2009
My oldest daughter, now in 6th grade, had a wonderful experience here, but since my youngest, currently in kindergarten, has been attending, I think the leadership has gone down hill. The kindergarten class sizes are too large and it's difficult to get answers for basic Q's from the principal. The PTA is awesome and very organized. They add a lot to the over all experience. The speech therapists are awesome. Don't care for the office staff, though.

Posted October 10, 2008
I have a son, who attended Cherrydale last year. The campus did not meet my expectations. The staff were very rude to my son. In addition, the learning environment was quite uncomfortable for him. The students were very mean to him and his teacher did nothing about it. I do not recommend this school for your children.

Posted December 01, 2007
Cherrydale is a wonderful school.Both my kids attended Cherrydale and the staff and parent involvment is outstanding.I could only hope all the other schools my kids attend in the future could measure up to Cherrydale.

Cherrydale Elementary School
1201 Galloway, Steilacoom, WA  98388
Last modified Cherrydale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cherrydale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top