Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Dupont and Steilacoom has best schools to offer. Teachers are very involved and gives just enough homework. There are many digital options also available if kids needs to excel in their grade level.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I can only rate the teacher's my daughter has had as educators. I can't speak for the school in general.

I LOVE our daughter's teachers and Beth however, the rest of the administration I'm not thrilled about. I have never even met the principal and do not agree with their lunch/recess policy, it causes kids to rush through lunch instead of taking time to actually eat so that they have time to play.

This school serves students from 4th and 5th grade from DuPont, Steilacoom, and Anderson Island. So it is much like a mini middle school. That said, it was quite an adjustment at first for my child. We've been fortunate enough to get great teachers the two years my child went here. They were kind, competent, enthusiastic, and communicated with us pretty well. The principal and vice-principal isn't very approachable or personable but disciplinary problems seemed to be handled by both systematically, with communication to parents as soon as possible. The school also employs a counselor and a school psychologist. Enrichment classes includes Music (the music teacher got rave reviews from my child), PE, Library, Art and Tech, and Counselor. Students can also join drama/theater, choir in 4th grade, and band in 5th grade as extracurriculars. On the downside, the food served at the cafeteria can be better. When my child purchases a hot lunch their class is often one of the last ones to go so the better choices is often gone. Also the kids really do not get much time to eat before they're being sent out the door to accommodate the three lunch periods. Finally, the school is a bit far from DuPont so almost all kids are bussed.

It was the worst 2 years my kids ever went through.... Hands down destroyed my boy want to go to school!!!

Not sure why someone is trolling to dog this school. 2 yrs experience with the school and myself and everyone I know are happy with it. Take the bad reviews with a grain of salt.

Not worth the time to really educate your children properly. poor teachers and even poorer administration.

My 9 year old Son has ADHD. At first, he did well at Saltar's. He had an IEP (individual learning plan) with one on one help in math and writing. About half way through his 4th grade year, his teacher began calling his mother at work in the middle of the day. Warning her that her Son was becoming disruptive, not cooperating, and causing undescribed disruptions in the classroom. These calls evolved into almost a bulling or badgering to put our Son on some kind of medication. We tried several different drugs, but our Son would not eat because of hem and lost weight. Here's our dilemma. Do we ruin our child's physical health so as to make him easier to teach, or do we nurture him and expect the staff at Saltar's to do their jobs?

We are a military family who moved into this school district to avoid the on-post and military feeder schools off-post and it has been WELL WORTH IT. Our son has always been slow to meet friends and we have always had to have an IEP due to stress induced stuttering but at Saltar's he has made friends immediately, no longer requires speech services after a quality evaluation that finally identified the speech issues as stress induced (as we thought as parents). Additionally,Mrs. LeCompte immediately welcomed Louis into her classroom, has a strong stance against bullying and challenges our son to do better...not just in what he is struggling but in what he is succeeding in as well. My son loves her because she seems to do all this "without ever yelling." The office has been responsive, expedient, and friendly. The PTA is very involved with many different events each month. We were hesitant about enrolling our son in school knowing we would move again shortly & considered homeschool but are happy we decided against it. They have helped our son develop social skills and he is quickly learning to make friends. Most important he smiles when he comes home for the first time in a while.

terrible school. No follow ups and poor office staff. very disapionting staff !! Not a good school for an average student or a very bright student as well . no special services are offered and the staff is clueless to state funded programs.

Last modified Saltars Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5