Sultan, WA

Posted May 06, 2014
My son attended this school for two years, during which time he was bullied relentlessly. The school administration likes to act as if they make it a priority, but then when it inevitably happens again, they just want you to shut up about it and have it not be their problem anymore. Also, their curriculum was substandard at best, and they did not offer much by way of accelerated learner programs. AVOID THIS SCHOOL DISTRICT.

Posted October 09, 2013
I rated this school a couple of years ago and I am changing my review.***my review from April 2012...the principal was very nice and did not know of the issues of bullying but I can't edit my review. She was very proactive*** Nope not at all. The bullying continued and my child was tortured by the other students.My child struggled in this school, trying to fit in. I complained and complained and complained. My child went down hill and was not feeling good about herself. I walked into her being bullied quit a few times (by groups of kids, not just one), which of course they denied. There are quit a few kids that are turning to self mutilation and I told the school that I thought they needed to talk to the students since it has spread like a wild fire. (no responds) . My kids came from the Lake Washington school district, which we absolutly loved and I believe truly believe they cared about the kids. I do have to say there are a few great teachers that my daughter loved but the school adminstration really needs a make over. We have since pulled my child out of this school. They really need to make bullying a priority at this school.

Posted May 13, 2013
this school is horrible! i was bullied throughout my time there and when i tried to stop it the school did nothing about it in fact at one point i got into a fight with an other student and the teachers sided with the bully so i say that no one should go to this school unless your chiled is prepaird for a miserable school year.

Posted October 12, 2012
My daughter went to SMS for two years. Her first year, she was CONSTANTLY bullied by other students, so badly that on some days she would call me from the office and ask me if she could come home because she "didn't feel good", and after she got home, she broke down crying and told me about all the bullying. I immediately contacted the school and asked them to fix this, and they did ABSOLUTELY nothing about it. After so many months of this, I pulled her out of the school and put her into a different one. This school does not know how to take care of bullying, no matter how much they publicize that they do.

Posted November 09, 2010
I have had 2 kids through Sultan Middle, and one more on the way. I LOVE the teachers! These teachers are so dedicated to each student in their class...The administration (most) know each student by name, and can even tell you a little about them. You dont get that in a large school (where we came from) I was very involved with the school and the district, and I think that is key. These teachers invest so much into these kids, and you can tell. I wouldnt have traded the experience for anything. GREAT JOB SMS!

Posted October 18, 2010
I have children at Sultan Middle School and I think it is a fabulous school. The administration does a great job providing structure and the teachers do a great job challenging the kids. Any problems I have had have been normal kid problems and they have all been handled accordingly.

Posted October 08, 2010
my children are currently in Sultan Middle School. I can't believe how the staff and teachers are so committed to my students learning. I have had the pleasure of dealing with the staff, principal and vice principal, they are fair, consistent, and truly want the best for our students. The teachers continually look for ways to get students engaged. I wouldn't want anyone else teaching my students! Way to go Sultan Middle School. And the parent involvement is Excellent this year!

Sultan Middle School 5

Posted July 19, 2009

Sultan Middle School 3

Posted May 29, 2009

Posted May 22, 2008

Sultan Middle School
301 High Ave, Sultan, WA  98294
Last modified Sultan Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sultan Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top