Sultan, WA

Posted March 05, 2014
Very poor program very kids with disabilities. If your son or daughter have a learning problems, stay way from this school.

Posted January 03, 2011
I am a senior at Sultan. Our school has improved beyond words in my 4 years attending. We have challenging AP classes, dual credit opportunities, honors classes, a plethora of advancements building-wise, sports teams driven to succeed, college bound students, teachers who work to inspire and teach things beyond the books, and a remarkable music department known throughout the valley, whether it be for our #1 ranked pep band or our competitive marching band. As a 4.0 student and an above average standardized tester, I know that everything I've done has not been easy, not in the least bit. Along with the hard work, the experience here gets me by successfully. I am a drum major for our award winning marching band, a member of our select show choir, the lead in our 5th Avenue Theater worthy annual musical, the principle flute player in our wind ensemble, and have participated in cheerleading, multiple bands and choirs, ASB student counsel, and several clubs throughout my high school career. We achieve well roundedness and are a community who pushes each other to be who we want to be. You can have the best or you can have the worst of Sultan High School. It's what YOU make it.

Sultan Senior High School 4

Posted November 09, 2010
WONDERFUL SCHOOL! I have two children here now, and I am very impressed with their teachers, their AP classes, and the high expectations the teachers have. My kids are very involved in sports...which just this year had a complete overhaul and we are very excited for the new changes! It is a small school, the Vice Principle/Athletic director knows every child by name, and you dont get that in a large school. My kids are also part of the music program -which is one of the top in the STATE. My oldest (senior) is applying at UW, and has carried a high GPA the entire four years, with AMAZING teachers! I would not trade the wonderful experience we have had for any other school. The teachers here (that we have had) genuinly care about their students, and it shows.

Posted October 11, 2010
I have taught students that have gone to (or are currently matriculating at) Cornell, Duke, William and Mary, American University, Seattle Art Institute, Pepperdine, University of Washington and Whitman just to name a few. Our athletes have played (or are currently playing) football at the University of Washington, basketball at Whitworth, basketball at Lewis and Clark, soccer at the University of Portland just to name a few. Many members of our outstanding music department have gone on to become members of the University of Washington marching band. We had a graduate who was a member of the team that first created the defibrillator back in the '80's. We had a graduate move to Chicago to open her own actuarial firm. Our valedictorian a few years back took her 2160 SAT's to Whitman. I could go on. We offer excellent programs for any student who has the drive to succeed.

Posted October 08, 2010
I am a parent, I am not happy with the discipline aspect of the high school. Espically with athletes, no discipline as long as they are a good athlete. Teachers are great!!

Sultan Senior High School 4

Posted October 06, 2010
This year especially, a lot of things have changed at Sultan High School. Sure, we don't offer the kind of the ciriculum that large schools can, but we don't have to deal with the issues that those schools have either. We don't have gang problems,and no one can get lost, you have to actually work to not be seen within the student body. Our music program is awesome, we have glee club, a musical, and a superb band. There are about 600 students in the entire school, and 75 of them are in the marching band. We have an AP Biology class , an AP Literature class, and if you take the right teachers then you do get pushed to your full potential. It's all about your work ethic though, and if you're not willing to work then of course you're not going to do well, at any school.

Posted October 06, 2010
My two children have received an excellent education at Sultan High School. Teachers had high expectations, as a parent I backed them up. Both took AP classes, and were a part of the amazing music department. There was no difficulty with college acceptance. The community and businesses of Sultan are supportive. More parents should be involved in the school and in the success of their child.

Posted May 17, 2009
Had a daughter attend this school for first two years of her high school experience. We became so concerned with the low expectations at the school and the behavior that was openly allowed that we decided the summer before her junior year to move out of this district. Some good teachers but the administration and school board seem lost. Too bad because the area is beautiful. We are now in Stanwood school district and much more satisfied with it.

Posted March 06, 2009
I graduated from Sultan High School in 2006 with many awards for academic excellence and on the honor roll for all four years. I am am now a Junior at a college university. For the first two years of college I spent most of my time cattching up with my classmates. I feel that the teachers at Sultan where nice but did not push the students enough. There where no upper level classes. I also felt that the school also lacked in preparing students for college. All I can say is good luck to any student from Sultan High School, trying to go to a university.

Sultan Senior High School 0

Posted January 06, 2009
As a Freshmen at Sultan High School, I find that they don't expect enough of the students. Teachers are nice but are too laid back. I am taking honors classes but there are only two honors classes i can take. People wear pajamas and slippers to school. Now tell me, is that...weird?

Sultan Senior High School
13715 310th Ave S.E., Sultan, WA  98294
Last modified Sultan Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sultan Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top