Tacoma, WA

Posted December 13, 2013
As this school does have some neat after school activities like Lego robotics. I rated them low because of their ability to teach my children, ability to inform parents that their student is falling behind and the lack of urgency when they see a child struggling. A whole year waisted with my kindergartener he was not grasping anything he was being taught, I went to the teacher conferences and they did not express a big problem until the end of the year. Then they wanted to retain him. As for my other child I was not informed of the severity of his ability to spell until I tested him at home and found he couldn't spell or read the simplest words. I'm very disappointed in the teachers and principal. My children were sad and cried everyday they had to go to this school. My 5 year old was bullied nearly daily as well as there are to many students per class. They could have called and showed a urgency to help my kids. They are teachers and most are parents too. Teachers are there to help their students not for just a paycheck so, show it!

Posted June 03, 2013
The teachers in this school can be good, parent involvement can be better, the Principal.... lets just say an early retirement wouldn't hurt, if not maybe reconsider her priorities and morals.

Posted January 14, 2013
This school has the same ratings as the last school my child attended and it SHOULD NOT!! it should be MUCH HIGHER!!! The teachers care about the children! 2012-2013 has been the first year reopened after remodeling and is awesome. Some of the staff are unfriendly and unwilling to help, which is aggravating! PTA is not good.....have tried to be involved and have filled out MANY papers saying I am willing but have not received 1 phone call or email to assist (feel like they took the money and ran). School does not celebrate ANY holidays which I very much DISLIKE!!! School work challenges my child and I love that they are not bored and comes home in a great mood each day!

Posted November 08, 2012
My children have fantastic teachers who truly seem to care. I was worried that my children might not be challenged enough but the teachers have realized how easy some of the work is for certain students and finds activities to push and challenge specific children. my children love their teachers! I love just how much home work the children have. I thinks its so important for parents to be involved in 1 on 1 study time and reading! the new school is beautiful, with a great computer lab, library, etc... Im very pleased with school and staff.

Posted October 02, 2012
Completely not impressed. Couldnt be more dissatisfied. There is a point when you can restrict parents access too much and they have found it and crossed it

Clover Creek Elementary School 3

Posted April 14, 2011
Remember if you as a parent are not involved in demanding quality education then whose fault is it?? We may have great teachers and yet not recieve quality education, because lack of parental involvment in holding schools, school board and administration accountable. The more you are involved the better the district will become. Research the facts about your school, and district do not just take someones word

Clover Creek Elementary School 5

Posted March 20, 2011
Great school! Teachers and staff really care about the students. Parent involvement is low. School was ranked top 5% of schools in the state for turning around student test scores. Staff really goes above and beyond do meet student needs.

Posted January 10, 2011
My kids love this school! The teachers are pleasant and dedicated. I find it funny that many people complain about this school and can't even correctly spell their rants. These are the same parents who didn't vote for the school levy. We are getting a new school soon and the scores for the WASL are coming up. The pricipal is involved in everything but not to the point of micro-management. The intra-mural sports is alot of fun and teaches great teamwork. I frequently get teacher handouts explaining what my kids are learning and how we can help at home. Great school and getting better.

Posted June 06, 2009
I have one child in this school and am extremely happy that there are new bountries next year that we will not have to have my child attend this school. My daughter doesn't look forward to going to school because of her teacher. I have never seen a child still not comfortable with her teacher at the end of the school year. The teacher refusses to admit there is an issue. I feel sorry for all of the other children who must endure this school.

Clover Creek Elementary School 2

Posted April 14, 2009
I have 1 child in this school. We don't have a strong PTA and parents involvement is small. Would l ike to change schools

Clover Creek Elementary School
16715 36th Ave East, Tacoma, WA  98446
Last modified Clover Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clover Creek Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top