Tacoma, WA

Posted March 21, 2014
Browns Point is the best elementary school in the Tacoma Public School District in my opinion. It is an older school that is rich in traditions, but open to new trends. Some of the traditions include the 1st grade play, 3rd grade field trip to Northwest Trek, 4th grade Heritage project, and 5th grade Camp. The teachers are excellent, most have years of experience and advanced certifications, and they care about their students and their craft. The halls are always decorated with student artwork and writings. Classrooms are roomy because half of the school used to be a middle school, so there is a full size gym, music room, and a large library. The new principal is energetic and friendly, and he likes bringing technology into elementary education. He updated the website this year! My children started in kindergarten and have had a well rounded education in reading, math, writing as well as PE, library, music, art, and several field trips. The school also has the Highly Capable classes (JAWS and SAIL). The PTA sponsors WatchDOGs, the Science Fair, Art Docents, and parents volunteer in the classroom, all of which make this a stand out school.

Posted February 11, 2013
Both my children attend Brown's Point. I can't say enough great things about it from the incredible teachers, to the caring staff, the friendly school climate, the robust PTA, the famiiles etc. The principal is not as warm as others I've met but she is fully present and is truly caring. I moved my kids from a private school three years ago into Brown's Point and that was the best decision our family has ever made. I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 16, 2010
I love this school, my child's learning is outstanding, she is an outstanding and smart student. I owe it to the three years my chid has spent at Browns Point, she has had 3 wonderful teachers. This is the best elementry school in the Tacoma School District, hands down. The only complaint I have is some of the kids that attend that school are very snobby, stuck-up, and not well behaved. It amazes me what 'rich' parents teach their kids to say and do to other kids. Its very sad......'Claim to be Christian' but your kids are judging other kids, which is against the bible. 'Thou shalt not judge'

Posted February 22, 2010
This is an excellent school with incredible parent participation. While the faciltiy is older, the classes have huge space. The teachers are caring and attentive and the kids are well mannered with very little discipline issues. 4 of my children have gone or are currently enrolled and I cannot say enough good things. The PTA in this school is amazing!

Browns Point 4

Posted August 06, 2009
This is an above average public elementary school. Is it stellar, no, but that is more a problem of district standards than ineffectiveness at the school. While Mrs. Thomas may not be the warm, fuzzy type, she is present at everything and takes her job very seriously.

Browns Point 0

Posted August 05, 2009
I disagree that Mrs. Thomas is not hands on, I have a student who has had some challenges staying on track, she has always been at meetings and called me with concerns. Only complaint I had was with one teacher. My son had an excellent teacher and the following year I was a little disappointed. However, all around I would say it's a good school.

Browns Point 3

Posted March 13, 2009
Browns Point is a good school. Some of the the teachers are exceptional but not all. PTA and parent support is strong. Principal Thomas is not hands on and you will very rarely see her.

Posted February 01, 2009
This is a GREAT school! I went to this school as a child and my children now attend. I recommend this school to anyone looking for a good school for their child.

Browns Point 4

Posted January 26, 2008

Posted January 16, 2008

Browns Point
1526 51st St NE, Tacoma, WA  98422
Last modified Browns Point is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Browns Point Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top