Posted September 17, 2013
A very nice caring wonderful school where every teacher cares about your well being and the counslers know your name and the principle is always there and so is the vice.

Posted August 08, 2013
Our school was named after Henry O. Foss. He was an elected official, businessman and civic leader. Our school was built in 1973 and in 1982, Foss became the first school in Washington State to introduce the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. This program is one of great standards as well as one that gives all students who have enough work ethic and discipline to grow immensely in critical thinking and college like attributes. In 2001, the school was elected by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation as an Achiever High School in Washington State. The school its self is a phenomenal education destination. Students are diverse and come from everywhere around the world. Our ASB is a very unique set of people who are the teachers and students cheerleaders throughout the year. Using their skills to really get people to keep their heads up, keep smiling and always continue to improve. Our school is exclusive and uncommon to others around our state and nationwide. Please make us one of your choices. Our daily saying is on the intercom in the morning is " I'm a Henry Foss Falcon full spirit of pride and I love to hold it down for Henry Foss High. Have a great day Falcons!"

Posted October 16, 2010
Foss has great teachers who work really hard to make a positive learning experience for the students.

Posted March 22, 2008
I came to Foss from Curtis high school, and I have to say, I was quite impressed. I had a wonder time there, and the teachers are amazing. A lot of diversity, which helped me a lot, and fairness in grades as well.

Foss 4

Posted February 05, 2008

Foss 3

Posted March 07, 2006
Foss is a large, diverse urban school with students from all backgrounds, economic status, ethnicity, country of birth, and academic ability. Teachers are committed and caring. When our son was struggling, every one of his teachers and his counselor came to a 7 a.m. conference with us to talk about how to best help him. We have two students there with totally different learning styles and for the most part, both have received excellent instruction. The school is going through a lot of changes and staff morale is low, but I don't think that has affected the teaching. Communication from the administration can only be described as inadequate. In an effort to bring up WASL scores, the administration is quietly weakening the prestigious International Baccalaureate program, which draws ambitious students from all over. This is disheartening and could result in bright students choosing to go elsewhere. Overall, many plusses and minusses!

Foss 3

Posted January 04, 2006
A very nice school, with great acedemics, but the students aren't the greatest, and there are many students in gangs.Parents are not very involved, but this school has many elective class choices.

Posted September 06, 2005

Foss 4

Posted October 17, 2004
I think Foss is the best school in the surrounding area hands down (including all the private schools). Although the school has had some problems with student-administration relationships, I have throughly enjoyed my time here. I agree that the gates grant has overall lowered attention on certain aspects of the school, however, now that it is instated, the school should support the program to it's fullest (as long as it does not interfere with the IB program).... 1 thing the school could do is focus more on the IB program, because from what I see, Foss has excellent college placement among IB students (Within the last couple years students from Foss have gained admission to; Havard, Yale, MIT, Berkeley, Cornell, Georgetown, Stanford, etc.).... The school could reward these high achiving students more than they already do. But those are just my general comments. Overall, it is still the best school.

Foss 1

Posted February 18, 2004
I would like to say that the quality of Foss has greatly gone down. My son graduated in 2001 and he loved it. The people were great and Mr. Lange was the greatest. My daughter is a junior and she despises Foss. The principal is never there, her counselor doesn't even know her name and she has been there for 2 years. She has one teacher that actually cares what happens to the students.

Foss
2112 South Tyler St, Tacoma, WA  98405
Last modified Foss is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foss Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top