Bad
Good

Posted March 13, 2016
The Montessori Method works so well for an active boy! The multi-age classroom and student directed "work cycle" has allowed our son to excel. He is challenged to stretch in areas that come easily and is supported in areas where he struggles. We are so thankful for this school and the Montessori program.

Posted April 18, 2014
We absolutely LOVE this school! After two years, I really think my daughter is getting a fantastic education there. The Montessori method has allowed her to soar ahead at her pace and beautifully supports her individual academic needs. The teachers, staff, and parental community have a total hands-on approach. The principal, Paula Bond, is very involved and works tirelessly on continual improvements. We are so fortunate to have this Montessori school in our Tacoma public school system. I only wish and hope and pray that a Montessori option for middle school (and HS) will be available by the time my daughter needs it. Even without it, I think this style of learning, that promotes independent, motivated students, will have given her an edge that will translate over into a traditional classroom. Lastly, the newly constructed building is just the icing on this wonderful cake. What a gorgeous facility that seems to have been truly designed with Montessori learning in mind! I'd give this school a hundred stars, if I could.

Posted February 23, 2014
Geiger is a fantastic option for famlies looking for more freedom and creativity in the classroom. We have had a terrific experience for over 3 grades and have experienced a superior teacher. I also really like the multi-age classroom. It has taught my son how to be a good leader and help his peer group out. The principle, Ms. Pond has a zero tolerance for bullying and it shows!!! I only hope my daughter will have a spot in two years.

Posted October 08, 2012
Mrs. Bond and the entire staff here are excellent! The environment is so calm and quiet, peaceful. I wish I went to this school when I was a kid! My daughters love it here and so do I!

Posted July 19, 2012
My daughter attends Geiger, and we are both really pleased the teachers and faculty. The Montessori method teaches great things! We are blessed to have this school and these wonderful teachers in our neighborhood! The family involvement is also excellent and provides this school with so much.

Posted January 10, 2011
My daughter goes to geiger, this is her first year at the school and she loves it! They teach the kids to love and respect each other, the montossori part of the school is also amazing! I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a montossori school!

Posted June 09, 2007
I had a daughter go from kinder to 3rd grade and she has had great experiences at Geiger. The teachers had always given my daughter all the special attention that they could spare. The PTA was very involved and made many contributions. My daughter has never said anything but wonderful things about her teachers and principal.

Geiger Montessori School 4

Posted August 21, 2004
I have had children at Geiger for over 10 years. The past two years have been hard but there is a new principal now and I am very encouraged by the direction that Geiger is taking. Geiger has wonderful Teachers who care deeply for their students. I would recommend Geiger to anyone!

Geiger Montessori School 1

Posted May 25, 2004
I have had two children in Geiger since 1996. I am choosing to take my child out of Geiger, due to the poor leadership of the principal, and lack of District help with this problem. The test scores have steadily lowered and I believe that is due to poor leadership, teacher apathy, and lack of support of parent involvement.

Geiger Montessori School 4

Posted January 20, 2004
My niece lived with me last school year. She'd moved here for a short period of time from out of state. She'd always run home from school and tell me great things about her teacher & their classroom activities. It made me happy to know she was welcomed into a really great school. I still live near Geiger and can only hope that when my 16 month old goes to kindergarden Geiger will be as great if not greater!

Geiger Montessori School
7401 South 8th Street, Tacoma, WA  98465
Last modified Geiger Montessori School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.