Tacoma, WA

Hunt 1

Posted February 27, 2011
Hunt has been a problem school for years and finally rather than continue to run it like a penal institute it's been closed praise the lord

Hunt 2

Posted April 06, 2010
hunt is not fun very strict it makes kids disobey them even more and its not really a good crowd and they do many inappropiate things which is very unnessary

Hunt 5

Posted April 04, 2010
Hunt is a great school and allows students to express themselves. Though many people believe it to be a bad school, it really isn't, it offers many programs. The conferences are conducted in such a way as any other school. The teachers are great and are supportive of the work coming from the students.

Hunt 4

Posted April 04, 2010
I believe Hunt is a great school. It makes learning more fun and enjoyable without being the traditional way. I have a 4.0 GPA, and still maintaining it. It's true that we rarely have homework because we mostly do it in class when we get the chance. Current student here. I have a really good relationship with all my teachers. The students' bad choices totally backfires at them, causing lessons to be learned. Hunt has a unique curriculum.

Posted March 18, 2010
I agree my son comes home everyday and has no/or hardly any homwork.

Posted October 31, 2007
I would like to see the conferences conducted in another method- rather than the current way where you have a room full of parents, who are waiting in long lines, for a teacher. Would actually like to see a progress report come home- or teachers to actually fill them out, and send them home on a regular basis. Very happy with phone systems that inform parents of events, and supply information. Would rate overall performance as good to great.

Hunt 5

Posted October 18, 2007
Thrilled that their is a new Asst. Prin. - previous person (2006-2007 school year) by all indications was not the best fit. Am very satisfied by current person in this position as with Prinipal & staff memebers. Communication is good and looking forward to a productive learning environment and positive results.

Posted July 27, 2007
I am with the other parent in giving kudos to the principal - asst. prin. is a another story. I would like to have seen better communication from school to parents. They do need to work on that.

Hunt 4

Posted July 27, 2007
Teacher quality is good from what I have viewed, good attitudes. Student dress code does not appear to be followed/ enforced strictly. Discipline primarily falls under Assistant Principal duties, his methods leave one to wonder if he's really up for the task. Actual principal appears to be in control. School overall needs improved parental communication

Hunt 3

Posted July 25, 2005
Hunt middle school needs work in the areas of discipline. In the two years that my sons have been attending we have seen students fighting and cursing at teachers with little or no discipline. I also feel that the teachers are not giving 100% to the students. My children will not be attending this up coming year.

6501 South 10th St, Tacoma, WA  98465