Bad
Good

I must be a strung out parent of Hilltop according to the parent who wrote a review b-4 me. Nice that some people can stoop to that level when they are refering to education of our children. Good luck with private school. A lot of kids in this community need leadership,...not criticism. I've watched the parents and students involvement at this school change a lot in the past 4 years. They've all come a long way, and are WAY more involved now, than ever.

top scores for msp 7th grade best school ever!!!!!!! It really is a great place to be at. p.s. i spelt top to in my other review

"We only grade on tests. A kid could never turn in any homework and still pass." "As long as he does good on tests, the student's attendance doesn't matter." These two things were said to me by TEACHERS at Jason Lee when I expressed concern for my child. They are trying to make the school a better place, but these things were said in 2010. It may be a good school at some point in the future but right now it's one of the lowest scoring schools in the state.

Anyone who gives Jason Lee a good review is either a strung out product of hilltop or just plain crazy!!! There is some good things such as the principle is fabulous and most of the teachers are great but..... the Jason Lee students are out of control and the environment is not conducive to learning. I have never seen a more disrespectful, rowdier bunch of heathens in my whole life! Their language and behavior is deplorable. My daughter went from being an honor student to barely making C's!!! If you look at the test scores Jason Lee under-performs in every subject in every grade. I am totally embarrassed to say that my child goes to this school and am currently looking for a private school. If you want your child to receive a good education, spare yourself the time and trouble and find a different school.

We have been thrilled with Jason Lee, it h teachers, programs, and administration. We live in the north end and had heard that another school was better, so we did some research. We found that JLee has made amazing strides these past years. Entering the school we were greated by several staff, the principal made time to speak with us, and we even met some teachers. Our son hasn't been so happy about school since first grade. Right away he made friends, was placed in advanced classes, and recieved extra help in writing. Our daughter began classes there last week. She is thrilled to take art and hopefully glassblowing next year. When asked how her first day was, she said, 'Everyone was really nice, even my teachers. They said that school would be really hard this year, but they would help me.' What more could we ask for?

Last modified Jason Lee is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.