Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Mann
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 11, 2016
I have been a grandparent volunteer every Friday in Mrs. Diener's Kindergarten class this year so I feel particularly qualified and certainly eager to make these comments. It has been a joy to watch Amy Diener interact with her students so positively, effectively managing a sometimes rambunctious room full of 6-year-olds. Each child is treated with respect and every situation is handled with Mrs. Diener's standard approach of love and logic. Her students flourish! They have become little readers, mathematicians, artists! The children (and I) absolutely treasure and admire Mrs. Diener. You will too!

Mann 2

Posted September 30, 2013
The teachers at Mann do a great job, but the rules and the way they enforce them I believe is unnecessary .They dont allow the kids to play tag they cant run on the jungle gym they cant run on the concrete if they get thirsty during recess they cant get a drink of water the playground duties seen to take their job way to serious they treat the kids like they are in prison It seems like they care more about saving face then letting the kids enjoy their time at school in the mornings when the kids meet in the gym the kids are not allowed to talk and if they do they have to sit in the stage until school starts this School takes the rules to far. I have spoke to several parents and they all say the same thing about the School they run it like a prison I love the teachers but That is all we will be changing schools next year I feel bad for keeping my kids there now I know why it has a rating of 2 I think ite the worst rated school in the district

Posted September 30, 2008
Both of my children love their school. I have never had an issue with the instructors, and all of them have made every effort to assist me (or my daughters ) when we needed clarification or help with something. I would go so far as to say several of the teachers here are outstanding. they have love for, and are dedicated to their students . The office staff is pleasant and efficient. I also have had many interactions with the principal. I have always beentreated respectfully by her, and she has made every effort to accomodate my needs. There is also a great nurse, and a wonderful parent that volunteers when the nurse is not there.

Posted April 21, 2008
My daughters have enjoyed their time at Mann. The teachers seem great, the principal is on top of things, I think the parent involvement needs improvement, but that isn't the school's fault .... all in all, a good school.

Mann 3

Posted April 18, 2005
I am very happy with the instruction that my child had received at Mann. The level of parent involvement seems about average. I would recommend this school.

Mann 3

Posted February 23, 2004
I have a very mixed review of this school. I attended Mann as well as 3 of my children so far. I and my oldest had a great experience there. My 2 other children have very different needs then I or my oldest needed. I have had to push and shove to get them help. Once the ball started rolling however, things were adressed quickly and help is being given.

Posted August 18, 2003
I was a student at mann elementary and now my two children are students there. I like the area and the teachers are very dedicated to the education of the children that attend.

Mann
1002 South 52nd St, Tacoma, WA  98408
Last modified Mann is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.