Tacoma, WA

Mason 4

Posted August 26, 2014
Despite all of the (inexplicably) extremely negative reviews, this is a great school. Maybe in the past, it did not perform as well- I can't see any other reason for all of these negative reports. As for them being nit-picky about the uniform, it is true, but not to an unreasonable level as suggested. I honestly feel as though many of these reviews are not written on experience- and if they are, their experiences are most definitely not representative of this school. The teachers are excellent, to my knowledge, parent involvement is supported, most of the rules are reasonable, although some could be considered ridiculous, online grades are generally kept up-to-date, and, again, though there may have been below average teachers in the past, they are currently some of the best my student has encountered.

Posted September 11, 2013
This school doesn't want parent involvement. They think they are superior and don't need to prove them selves or work hard. I've tried to participate in my child's education and the message is clear "Parents are NOT needed and NOT welcome". The principal is useless. If I could afford private school I'd pull my kids out of this school.

Mason 2

Posted October 02, 2012
The teachers at this school are some of the worst I've encountered as a student. My algebra teacher sits me in a corner by a girl who copies my homework and I'm never called on to answer questions for EC. He assigns homework based on NOTHING he teaches. There's nothing the school can do.

Mason 3

Posted September 17, 2012
This school is ridiculous for the rules and making the students uncomfortable and getting in trouble for ridiculous things.

Mason 2

Posted July 16, 2011
There have been teachers who have given students "bonus points" towards their grades if they say their parents are voting a certain way. A lot of teachers don't take any interest in if a student does well or not and there is a lack of drive to do what it takes to help students achieve higher. When I attended five years ago I was told many times "I'm paid whether you do well or not".

Posted May 17, 2011
I was appalled just seeing the introductory packet for this school. Over a page alone on every nitpicky detail of what students are and are not allowed to wear? When do the teachers have time to teach if they're constantly on the lookout for illicit visible T-shirt hems or patches on pants? It sounds like military school. Academics are sketchy as well, according to the information we were given; art and science get the shaft. We opted out in short order and chose to send our son to a school that focuses on fostering a love of learning, not submissive obedience.

Mason 3

Posted December 16, 2010
This school used to be one of the best in the city, but the staff has become complacent. If your child is not able to perform without extra help they will fall behind. Certain staff members do not contact parents when the child is struggling and they do not keep their online grades up to date so the parent has no idea if there child is struggling or not.

Mason 0

Posted September 19, 2009
I have been told this is a good school, have had one child in Mason, and have one more to go there I hope.

Posted September 25, 2008
this school was horrible for me. they treated the kids like they were in jail, and were very nit-picky about small rules and uniforms. if you can avoid sending your kid here, do it.

Mason 5

Posted September 04, 2008
A great school that helps kids get ready for the future. The future is not fun or filled with athletics, it is about studying, working hard, and learning. I love this school and I love that they do help the kids learn how to learn.

Mason
3901 North 28th St, Tacoma, WA  98407
Last modified Mason is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mason Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top