Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!!! THIS SCHOOL is HORRIBLE kids fight all the time and bring WEAPONS to school and the principal doesn't seem to care much. They treat the children at the school like they're adults and they treat the adults like their children. It's a horrible School in the only thing that they really have on their mind is the bottom line the money.

My child has been bullied regularly and the teachers and administration do nothing. Easily half the teachers are not responsive to email or voicemail.

Despite all of the (inexplicably) extremely negative reviews, this is a great school. Maybe in the past, it did not perform as well- I can't see any other reason for all of these negative reports. As for them being nit-picky about the uniform, it is true, but not to an unreasonable level as suggested. I honestly feel as though many of these reviews are not written on experience- and if they are, their experiences are most definitely not representative of this school. The teachers are excellent, to my knowledge, parent involvement is supported, most of the rules are reasonable, although some could be considered ridiculous, online grades are generally kept up-to-date, and, again, though there may have been below average teachers in the past, they are currently some of the best my student has encountered.

This school doesn't want parent involvement. They think they are superior and don't need to prove them selves or work hard. I've tried to participate in my child's education and the message is clear "Parents are NOT needed and NOT welcome". The principal is useless. If I could afford private school I'd pull my kids out of this school.

The teachers at this school are some of the worst I've encountered as a student. My algebra teacher sits me in a corner by a girl who copies my homework and I'm never called on to answer questions for EC. He assigns homework based on NOTHING he teaches. There's nothing the school can do.

This school is ridiculous for the rules and making the students uncomfortable and getting in trouble for ridiculous things.

There have been teachers who have given students "bonus points" towards their grades if they say their parents are voting a certain way. A lot of teachers don't take any interest in if a student does well or not and there is a lack of drive to do what it takes to help students achieve higher. When I attended five years ago I was told many times "I'm paid whether you do well or not".

I was appalled just seeing the introductory packet for this school. Over a page alone on every nitpicky detail of what students are and are not allowed to wear? When do the teachers have time to teach if they're constantly on the lookout for illicit visible T-shirt hems or patches on pants? It sounds like military school. Academics are sketchy as well, according to the information we were given; art and science get the shaft. We opted out in short order and chose to send our son to a school that focuses on fostering a love of learning, not submissive obedience.

This school used to be one of the best in the city, but the staff has become complacent. If your child is not able to perform without extra help they will fall behind. Certain staff members do not contact parents when the child is struggling and they do not keep their online grades up to date so the parent has no idea if there child is struggling or not.

I have been told this is a good school, have had one child in Mason, and have one more to go there I hope.

Last modified Mason is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.