Bad
Good

I think Meeker has potential, the students are wonderful, the building itself is very nice, the music program and athletics are said to be top notch. I was very disappointed with the staff, we had a very difficult time communicating with counselors and a couple of teachers. There was such a lack of compassion and disrespect displayed by the office staff, yes the office staff that left me both saddened and discouraged. It seems they are all burned out, just going through the motions, and just plain don't care about how they talk to or come across to students or parents. They do not care if your child is distraught, only if they are standing in the hallway while being distraught, because apparently that is a big no-no. I had to wonder why I would ever keep my child in that school. I write this awful review in the hopes that the leadership will be motivated to improve communication between families and staff, and help teachers and staff become more engaged in their job.

My child is in her second year at this school, and I have nothing but high praise for the school, the teachers and the leadership of the school. That said, if you have a 'C' Student then as a parent you should hold some responsibility in motivating them it is not the school or teachers job to raise your children. My child held a 3.6 average last year and we hold her to a high standard. She is involved in both the athletics and music program at Meeker and we have been very satisfied with both programs. The students and even some parents don't like the fact that it is a uniform school, but I think it is one of the best things that could have happened for my daughter.

I am an 8th grade student at Meeker. I have attended it since 6th grade. It is a good school with an incredible music department. But I feel that some of the teachers here aren't doing their part to help us. Often, I have had teachers that act like they don't even want to be there. But overall it is a good school and I really like the Principal, not so much the Vice-Principal though.

Meeker Middle School has awesome students & faculty. They also have an athletic system that is definately the best in the state! :)

I REALLY like the new leadership at Meeker! I feel they will bring this school back in the right direction! My daughter is a 6th grader & she LOVES it there! It's nice to see GOOD change!

As most of the other parents have said on here, the teachers would rather push their political views than actually teach the curriculum. Also alot of bullying that never seems to have any consequences. I've had 3 children go here, and it seems to be getting worse than better.

My son is an eigth grader at meeker. He's attended all of his middle school years here. I have to say that there isn't much ambition with the teachers. They seem to think that becasue a child has a C grade that they are doing just fine. There doesn't seem to be any motivation for the students to do any better than average. Also we have had a couple of teachers push their political and religous beliefs on our son. which i feel is extremely inappropriate. out of all three years my son has been at meeker, i can't recall one time where i felt like a teacher has gone out of their way to help or motivate my son.

Last modified Meeker is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.