Bad
Good

This school is absolutely amazing, despite some of the little upsets I've had here. I went to this school when I was in 4th and 5th Grade 15 years ago and had no complaints about it. Obviously, it's had some changes but good changes! My oldest daughter probably had the same Kindergarten teacher as the student mentioned in the other review because I did not like her at all. She was rude, not friendly, just had this attitude and mean look about her. I personally didn't like that year for my daughter, but I asked her quite often how her class was doing and if her teacher was ok and she would tell me she liked the teacher/class so I guess it was just me. The teacher made the kids read 20 mins/day at home and I thought that was harsh at first esp in Kinder but now that my daughter is in 1st Grade, I'm glad she did that because she is now a top Accelerated Reader! I adore her 1st Grade teacher. She is great! I volunteer in class often and get to see how the class is instructed upfront while helping out and I have so much good things to say. My youngest is in ECEAP preschool here and it is just as terrific. Also love that they added an Art aspect to the school. Makes it more fun to learn!

My son is in the 3rd grade at Northeast Tacoma Elementary. We've been very happy with the school. His teachers have been great. We recently lost a family member which was very difficult for my son. His teachers, along with counsellors, have played a huge role in getting him to a better place and on track with the rest of his peers. I can't say enough good things about this school. We're very lucky.

After reading the latest post I feel inclined to post as well. My daughter started this school in 1st grade. I absolutely adored (and still do adore) her teacher. She is now in 4th grade. My son started preschool and I loved his teachers as well. BUT his Kindergarten year was absolute torture. His teacher was so mean and obviously HATED him. She even said rude comments about him the next year to his 1st grade teacher. Luckily, she (the same teacher my daughter had) is amazing and helped him regain his love for school and learning. This school offers everything my children need. My daughter is advanced and in the GATE program and my son is behind and involved in LAP and other programs that provide him the extra help he needs. I say to this parent who is having a bad time to advocate for your child. Demand a classroom change. Do NOT be afraid to stand up to the principal or his teacher. There is almost always 1 bad apple but I'm happy and secure in assuring you that there are far, far more good than bad teachers here. FYI: I do actually despise the principal so don't let him tell you that you're wrong like he did to me. You're probably not.

They are harsh on kids. My child consistently is not getting free time or they remove minutes off from recess over petty trespasses like closing the case to eye glasses which they complain is too loud. They threatened to fine us over one day of absence for an excused family emergency because my child's teacher didn't turn in the note that was in my child's folder for turn in. I also called the absence line the day of. The staff is rude and the teacher is just mean. My child is actually afraid of the teacher. My child jumps or hides behind me when the teacher is present. This school is just blah. I should have kept my child at Federal Way's school district their schools are by far superior and my child had no issues there. Please reconsider sending your child to this prison.

Great Special Ed Preschool Program, very nice teachers that focus well on students.

Last modified Northeast Tacoma is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.