Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school has trouble identifying potential issues early on and coming up with systems and solutions to strengthen the overall school for individual student success.

The school leadership is not supportive of students, teachers or families and the institutional culture at this school is toxic because the school lacks good leadership. I have repeatedly heard Point Defiance staffs talking negatively about other parents in the hallways and had a staff talk negatively about another parent directly to me. I find this very demoralizing and disrespectful to the overall morale at this school. There are some very exceptional teachers and very strong PTA. Overall, they do what they can to make their school better for students, but I would not recommend this school to another parent.

Pt. Defiance has been a wonderful fit for us. I have two children that attend school there one in 2nd grade and one in 4th grade now. We started at Pt.Defiance with preschool and have had great experiences since. My children have had different teacher along the way and being a very present parent in my children's education I have had nothing be great relationships with them and continued friendships with some of them. Pt. Defiance is very driven on the subject of reading, but reading is the core to learning and without a strong base learning in the future can be difficult. AR testing is a big thing in every class and it gives the kids a goal to work towards. They have lost of fun and enjoys doing it. My daughter was the top reader last year between K-2 grade. The have a positive behavior program called "3R+S"- which stands for Respectful, Responsible, Ready and Safe. They offer an array of special education programs, Challenge programs, After school activities such as, Dance classes, Brick for kids, Girl scouts, boy scouts, Tennis, Acting and lots of others through out the year. They also have Champions which is an after school daycare located on school grounds and Rebecca the coordinator is Amazing!! The PTA is very involved they have lots of family activities such as movie night, dances, and carnivals just to name a few. My son is looking forward to next year when he gets to go to the Science camp that they have for 5th graders. But don't get me wrong we have had our challenges and issues through out the years with things, but things can not go perfect all the time that just isn't life, and the staff has always been there by out sides to help and support. They never give up on a child and they give them every opportunity to be the best they can be and themselves while still following the school rules and behavior program. They do everything they can to make school a good experience and learning fun. They try to include the whole family as much as possible with sending home a weekly newsletter and all the events, but being a parent that is evolved as much as I am it is easy. I make sure to let every new teacher know they can call and talk to me about anything and I am always available to help out. Parent volunteers are very big at the school as well and help to make the school that much better. It is just an all around friendly, inviting school.

The best school my son went too. Too bad we moved... Recommend it for everyone

Horrible! Some of the teachers are bullies and if you stand up for your kids they center your child out and bully them!

Pt. Defiance Elemantary School is horrible.Some teachers are good,but some are bad.the The teachers always have favorites.They always say things to their favorites and never pay attention to the other kids. Also, my child, who is going to be a fourth grader, had a very rude third grade teacher. The teacher would always ignore the students. I do not reccomend this school.

this school has a awesome kindergaten teacher mrs.riggio but it seemslike the 5th grade teacher dont quit help out with the kids that need help luckly my daughter has found a new middle school that willing to help with what she didnt get in 5ht.

This school is horrid... I wish I had seen this site before I decided where to move!! My sons third grade teacher is rude, pushy and inattentive. My son hates school and has never ever hated school!

Not impressed with this school thus far. While a focus on reading is wonderful it shouldn't be the only focus. Cannot believe the lack of attention paid to math and science. Only three weeks into school and my child has been injured twice with not so much as a leter sent home. I will be looking for a new school.

My son just started kindergarted this year and his teacher is so rude and pushy. I can't talk to her about his progress at all without her changing the subject or cutting me off so I don't get to say anything.. I don't feel comfortable leaving him there with her, I feel as though she does not like him and treats him differently than the other children. Currently looking at otherschools to possibly go to.

Last modified Point Defiance is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.