Tacoma Baptist Schools 4

Posted July 28, 2014
We have been with New Hope since PK and then on to TBS Jr High and High School. 3 more years left and we are staying because they are committed to putting God first on all levels. Change is hard, but we ask for forgiveness, forgive, and move on trying to live for our King. Responsible accountable students. We are excited how God will impact South Sound Christian Schools the next 3 years.

Posted July 21, 2014
We highly recommend TBS. Our child has been at TBS for 4 years. Having our child attend TBS has been one of the best decisions we've made as parents. While it is true that TBS had a tough year last year, I am excited that God is working on repairing relationships and spiritual growth of parents, staff, and students. We're excited about the new year, and new faces. We are trusting God that he will bring the staff that He wants to TBS and the families that He wants to TBS. We pray a special blessing on the staff, students, parents, and coaches that are not returning to TBS in the Fall. We also trust God to place them where He wants them, and we are thankful that they were a blessing to our family over the past 4 years.

Tacoma Baptist Schools 1

Posted June 26, 2014
While the post below is lengthy, what it doesn't say is that at least 50% of the faculty and staff have left due to the boards actions. The board has also not paid the faculty and staff their salaries as the district has no money. The faculty and staff have been promised these past wages at a future date. This district has no money, I would look elsewhere.

Posted June 25, 2014
Late spring some teachers requested a review of actions taken by the board toward improving school growth. The board agreed to an outside review and committed to follow through on whatever was suggested..They subsequently did so by making changes advised from review.The board published pertinent information and held a number of meetings for parsing information and giving opportunity for comment from parents and faculty throughout the process. The actions under review were made to strengthen and improve enrollment/finances which were challenged in recent years. Response to faculty concerns/request of the review was exemplary, board members were gracious under scrutiny. They responded well to expressed concerns. Many parents within the TBS community recognize the importance of oversight for long term stability in order to serve students needs with excellence. Teachers moving on are wished well. Current TBS families, teachers (and new ones coming on board), staff and board members remain committed to providing a great education for current and future students.

Tacoma Baptist Schools 1

Posted June 05, 2014
This school WAS a great school until the board chairman took control of the school. Due to his leadership teachers, staff and families are leaving. He has let quality people go and uses his marketing guy to run interference for him. I would look at other schools.

Tacoma Baptist Schools 4

Posted March 23, 2014
I have two children currently in this school. My children love going to school and they love learning and this can be attributed to a great curriculum and great, attentive and caring teachers. Small classroom sizes mean great teacher-student interactions and relationships. The environment is encouraging, with classmates praying for each other, teachers praying for students, etc. It is very much like a close-knit family, with high school students volunteering in the elementary classrooms, etc. In addition to the strong curriculum, our children have been learning how to interact in a community (learning how to care for each other, to take responsibility and take action). In addition to the regular classes, the school offers great extra-curricular opportunities - sports, clubs, classes. The school facilities need some improvement but the school is making some improvements in this area. Tuition is very affordable, with discounts for multiple children. Before and after school care makes this doable for working families like ours. We are very fortunate to have had our kids enrolled at TBS for several years, starting with Pre-K.

Posted September 23, 2013
Tacoma Baptist offers a friendly, family-oriented, safe environment for children Pre-K - 12. The teachers are invested and show compassion and care to the students. Our kids love attending TBS and we feel fortunate to be able to send them there. The school focuses on discipleship and unity. My friends who have children who have graduated from TBS say their student was well prepared for college.

Tacoma Baptist Schools 3

Posted August 16, 2013
I totally agree with the last review. My children were going to New Hope for 8 years then to TBS 1 year now. (cause new hope doesn't have a jr high campus) I can say that New Hope is a more family environment, better education. My son was bullied last year at TBS and I called and emailed several times about it. Come to find out the bully has been going to TBS for a long time and has a history of bullying and is favored by the school. This kid never got in trouble nor suspended, at the end of the year awards ceremony he even received a spiritual award and stuff REALLY!. I was upset. Academics is lower than other schools. Last school year my daughter told me about all her classmates (at least 10) pulled from TBS during the year and these were kids she has known for over 5 years. You can tell the school is in financial need by the way the cut back on things. I would like to see the school go to uniforms, most private schools wear uniforms. My children do love it but want to go back to New Hope. If I could afford another school I would. Hopefully our second year is better if not I will be looking for a new place. ;(

Tacoma Baptist Schools 2

Posted April 06, 2013
I've had a student in elementary TBS for 3 yrs now. It started great and I was very happy. I no longer feel this way. While the academics and Christian value are much better than the public schools, the school seems to be run by which ever parent has the most time to spend there. The children of these parents are becoming the chosen ones for any and all events. The paid administration is turning a blind eye to bullying, unless it involves specific children. The only complaint I have about the academics is that is seems to be a repeat of the same stuff each year. There needs to be strong leadership and this school seriously lacks it.

Posted September 24, 2012
Our family has been a part of TBS for thirteen years with three kids attending over the years. We have appreciated the Christian education and the spiritual growth, and the sports programs provided. The example of Christ in the lives of teachers and staff has been so powerful. I was also very glad that the school has an instructional support program which addresses learning struggles. My children have felt included and valued here. I am so thankful for this school in our area.

Tacoma Baptist Schools
2052 S 64th St, Tacoma, WA  98409
Last modified Tacoma Baptist Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Tacoma Baptist Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top