Tacoma, WA

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 03, 2015
The school emphasizes character development which includes integrity, honest and fairness. Some students pick up on these qualities easier than others, but the emphasis is constant for all students.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 03, 2015
We had a great experience with the teachers at TBS. Teachers have been excellent at communication, have genuinely cared about our kids, and are experts in their fields. One teacher tended to get behind on grades, but the rest have all been excellent.

Posted July 03, 2015
TBS provides an excellent learning atmosphere with small class sizes that provide one-on-one attention and a solid Christian focus. Academics are well emphasized and the school offers a good variety of extracurricular options and community building events. It is a place where the kids are safe.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 26, 2015
WE LOVE TBS !! If you are looking for a friendly Christ centered private school where your children are going to be safe, loved, academically challenged and encouraged to grow in Christ Jesus then Tacoma Baptist School is an excellent option for you. We have 3 children and have chosen TBS for over 10 years. We have no regrets and plan to be here another 10. Please come join us, we look forward to meeting you!

Posted June 26, 2015
WE LOVE TBS!! If you are looking for a friendly private Christ centered school where your children are going to be safe, loved, academically challenged,and encouraged to grow in their walk with Christ Jesus then Tacoma Baptist School is an excellent option for you. We have 3 children and have chosen TBS for the past 10 years for their pre-school, elementary, Junior High and High School. We have no regrets and plan to be here another 10 years. Please come join us we look forward to meeting you. :)

Posted June 24, 2015
Parent review I love this school for my kids, and have another child heading there in the Fall! The teachers and staff show love and respect to each student. My kids love it there and I'm so grateful to have a place that teaches Biblical truth a well as strong academics!! TBS has a great future ahead being led by godly men and women who seek Christ first in all they say and do!

Posted June 23, 2015
I love TBS! My kids have been there for many years and I will continue to sacrifice to have them there. They deal w/the whole child and provide a positive atmosphere. I noticed someone has been posting some pretty harsh accusations through this format, and it seems to be the same person or family as the dates are similar. My advise, follow Matthew 18 and go to the school w/your perceived notions, that's how changes happens...not using this format as a way to vent or discredit a school that's been ministering to children for over 50 years and has a great reputation in the community. I'm guessing if you did that, you'd get the truth about the situation your student/grandchild was involved in.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 03, 2015
A child was seriously hurt at school, the parents were NOT notified! There was NO medically attention done, and documented bruises and harm.

Tacoma Baptist Schools 1

Posted June 03, 2015
As a concerned family member, I have observed undue disciple of specific children while others are not disciplined nor spoken to about accountability, the ones being bullied get in school suspension, written up, documented bruises, but the culprits are not disciplined. This is abuse and neglect on certain teachers part and no accountability is held to the specific teachers involved. I am appalled that on lookers are watching this being done, Christian or not, and judging actions of religious school by the lack of consistency. Does it take a child being seriously injured, both mentally, physically, psychologically, and spiritually in order for actions to be taken? Christian or not, I would never allow any of my family members children to be apart of a school organization that does not hold every teacher, parent, administrator, and children at the highest degree of accountability.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted June 03, 2015
specific teachers are biased, allow bullies to bully, psychologically damaging to children and their future in schooling.

2052 S 64th St, Tacoma, WA  98409
Last modified Tacoma Baptist Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Tacoma Baptist Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top