PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted February 05, 2015
My son attended Kindergarten at LCA and we were both very happy. He is now in 3rd grade in public school in another city and he still tells me he misses LCA. His teacher was so loving with the kids, as were all of the teaching aids and school staff. There was an aid named Ms. "C" who did special little wood-working and art projects with the kids after school, my son loved her. Many of the other mommies frequently told me how much they loved their high school children attending LCA; one mommy told me she felt like all the teachers and staff were like aunts and uncles to her kids. I will say, the small drawbacks were that not being a wealthy, well-known member of Life Christian Church, as a parent, I sometimes felt "little." This could have been my own insecurities, but some of the other parents I knew at the time mentioned similar feelings. But, that's anywhere! There are always going to be kids who's families have more money than your kid, or more important parents; and we could have made more of an effort to be involved as well. If we ever moved back to the area, I would definitely consider enrolling my children here again.

Posted September 22, 2013
I have to say something after reading these reviews. I have gone to Life Christian my entire life and have felt so overwhelmed with love from the staff. The teachers genuinely care about the students academically, emotionally, and above all spiritually. Reading these reviews most of them are outdated and almost all the complaints have been taken care of. My school always strives to improve and listens to feedback. Life Christian is a great community and school. I have learned so much there spiritually and academically. I love LCA it's my second home and if you are considering enrollment I would strongly suggest it. The school is obviously not perfect but it is a true Christian environment. The kind of compassion and leadership the coaches, teachers, and administration show is something I honestly don't believe you'll find anywhere else. I love my school and though it may not be for everyone it's a place that is blessed with true Godly men and women.

Posted April 17, 2013
I was a student who graduated from Life Christian recently. I have attended both private and public school throughout my schooling. Many comments on written below seem to complain about the emphasis on religion within the school. Of course that is one of the biggest aspects of the school. Yes, acadmemics are important but you are paying extra for an education in religion, for teachers to pray and spiritually guide you. If you want a school solely focused on academics attend Charles Wright, or Bellarmine Prep (where students can attend study hall instead of mass.) That being said, there are many high school teachers that challenge their students both academically and spiritually as well as those teachers that are not as effective. However, the administration has let go certain teachers and replaced them. They are still in this process. Additionally, I wholeheartedly disagree with the comment based on teachers pulling their own children out or admitting public school kids who were kicked out of local high schools. Life Christian believes that GOD can change hearts, despite the circumstances. Though many of these kids are not perfect, there are many cases of lives being transformed

Life Christian School 2

Posted October 13, 2012
If you are going to spend this kind of money why not go to bellarmine prep down the road, which is much stronger academically and has many distinguished alumni? It seems outrageous to pay tuition to a very average school, educationally.

Posted July 17, 2012
Please don't judge this school by a couple of reviews. Talk to people whose children go there or are alumni. LCA is a loving Christian school that prepares students for college and life.

Life Christian School 1

Posted January 14, 2012
Unfortunately, I must agree with the 2 most recent parent reviews. While LCA has some neat teachers, it is NOT a college prep school and, therefore, not worth the money. Everyone must take an entrance test to see if they can be accepted...but everyone who can pay is accepted so the academic standards are much lower than they advertise. One high school teacher lets her kids sleep in class on Fridays...really! The administration hides a lot of things from the parents- things going on at the school that parents should know and have a right to know...they are our children. There are a number of unsettling things going on. Take your money and your child and find a better school.

Life Christian School 1

Posted December 07, 2011
We had a child who attended Life Christian Academy high school. Their website is beautiful and they give a great sales pitch. We were promised so much and were excited to be there. However, the reality of the high school is VERY different from what they present to a new family...very disappointing. Be VERY careful before signing your student up- pray very hard! The fact that many teachers there have pulled their own students out of the school should tell you something. The fact that many parents have left and now have their kids in other private schools should tell you that it is not just about the economy. The fact that they accept students who have been kicked out of one or more public high schools should be a red flag to parents. Be careful. I don't care how pretty their website is..the truth is VERY different.

Posted September 22, 2008
My children have been going there for 7 years, so far. I'm very happy with the loving atmosphere and Christian values. My children all love it there. I'm happy with the academics, too. They are getting a great foundation for life.

Life Christian School 3

Posted September 07, 2008
I go there right now. and i like it because ive been going here sense 4th grade and im in high school now. it has a great cheer team and football team and it was pretty good academics the only thing that is bad is that sense its not a huge school and everyone knows eachother there can be gossip

Posted August 28, 2008
I've gone here since Kindergarten and I love it! Everyone knows everyone. The sports and academics are great. We are also an awesome christian school.

Life Christian School
1717 South Union Avenue, Tacoma, WA  98405
Last modified Life Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Life Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top