Tacoma, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted December 02, 2011
We have finally found a place where our daughter is thriving! Seabury let's her be an 8 year old while providing her with the academic challenges she is able/ready to handle. She comes home learning something new everyday and is excited about school. Seabury also teaches her that she can make a difference today not just when she is an adult and she has taken that to heart. This year she is leading a service project at school to help collect toys and clothes for families in need. K & B

Posted November 29, 2011
My grandson is eleven yeasr-old. He seems to be more invested and joyfully happy at this school compared to others he has attended. His grades indicate that he is flourishing.

Posted November 09, 2011
My daughter has attended Seabury School for many years. We are absolutely thrilled with the education she receives, but even more so, we are thrilled with the love of learning that is fostered at the school. The small class sizes allow the teachers to cater the lesson plans to the individual needs in the classroom. The teachers have a unique ability to challenge students in areas where they are high achievers, while supporting and encouraging other areas. The students also support one another, and consider themselves to be a part of a family.

Posted November 08, 2011
Our son is in his second year at Seabury Middle School. We love their approach to learning. They are constantly out in the community and surrounding areas, interacting with people and experiencing the places that will be an integral part of their young adult lives. Discussions are often done in a dynamic group format, not just individualized learning. The class size is small, and the teachers are fantastic. Most importantly, our son loves learning again, something he lost for a time in public school. We know his potential will again be challenged.

Posted August 04, 2011
All three of my children attended The Seabury School, and I can't imagine a better environment for the nurture and development of highly capable children. The school recognizes that gifted children are special-needs children whose ability to learn far outpaces their physical and social development. Seabury provides a stimulating, caring and nurturing environment, and I believe my children and I have a lifelong obligation to support this fine institution.

Posted August 03, 2011
I attended Seabury School for seven years and can't imagine my life had I been anywhere else. Seabury gave me the strong foundation I needed, including a solid grasp of "the basics," before going on to high school and college. Seabury accelerated me enough that I was grades ahead of my age peers by the time I left school, propelling me into all honors and AP classes as well as getting me a full ride scholarship to a university. As my dad always tells me, I have a lifelong debt to Seabury School, and hope to remain connected to the students and staff for the rest of my life.

The Seabury School 3

Posted May 11, 2011
My daughter attended for several years. The teachers vary in quality. Some were wonderful. Some, quite frankly, were not. It's a tiny school. There is no choice regarding which teacher your child receives. There were students with severe behavior problems that the school seemed ill equipped to handle. Lots of focus on experience. Very little focus on mainstream education.

Posted March 29, 2011
Our son is in his second year at Seabury, and we are very pleased. He is excited to go every day, and amazes us with the depth he has learned in the classroom. For instance, in kindergarten he came home telling of the revolutionary war and what George Washington's false teeth were made of. The head of school has a background in teaching gifted kids and is fantastic in creating an environment where all kids are welcomed and intellectually challenged. I particularly value that after school you'll see Seabury students playing with other students who may be five years younger, yet treating them as equals.

The Seabury School 3

Posted August 15, 2009
I'm a parent of a child who attended Seabury for several years. The positives of the school are: small class sizes and more mature teachers. The negatives are: 'Basics' in Math and English are not covered. They jump into more advanced topics without giving enough drills to cover fundamentals. So, my child still has issues with spelling, writing, and basic math because these topics were not covered at any great length. Overall I'm happy with my child's education at Seabury, but my child will need extra help going back over the basics in order to be successful at other schools.

Posted June 03, 2009
I currently have 2 children enrolled at this school. While the facilities are somewhat lacking, the education the kids receive makes up for it. This is a specialized school, focussed solely on highly capable learning styles. Curriculum is tailored not by grade level, but by each students level and needs. Children are taught to be individual thinkers and confident in their opinions. This school churns out leaders.

The Seabury School