Tacoma, WA

Posted April 02, 2014
My high school is an awesome school because its the only art's high school in the Greater Tacoma. I think others should see that we do more than the basic art classes and have a good security system in place. My school can improve by some of the curriculum and let student voice be heard instead of just their voices.

Posted October 17, 2013
I am a Senior here at the school and I don't graduate until two years from now. I wanted to let you know that the school has made big impact on my life for the past four years. The Tacoma School of the Arts has a interesting Internship program for the students to use for the Adult world. I think the school needs to improve on student communication and teacher meeting times. I hope some day you would come to this school.

Posted April 06, 2013
I LOVE this school! My daughter is engaged in her own learning as a citizen of the world. Instructors care about my child. She is following her passion in photography and is learning life long skills. She is challenged in rigorous Humanities and Math/Science classes. This si a must do school!!

Posted March 06, 2011
I am a parent of a SOTA senior. I am sad that my son will be graduating this year because the experience we have had with this school the past three years has been the best! My daughter plans to attend SOTA in 2014. I wish my daughter could skip over 8th and 9th grade at University Place Schools and go directly to SOTA or a school like it. UP has definitely gone downhill.

Tacoma School Of The Arts

Posted October 10, 2010
It's very forward thinking, the teachers and staff show respect and care for their students, the school is innovative and quick to make changes when something isn't working.

Posted September 23, 2010
Reading over the other reviews all the way back to 2003..I agree with every single one of them! Our son is currently a Junior and SOTA truly is the "best thing that ever happened to him". He really IS happy to go to school everyday. He loves his teachers, he's now engaged in subjects that he had previously struggled in, and we feel like he is blossoming into this amazing adult before our eyes. Unlike most public high schools, parent involvement is encouraged and welcomed. My husband and I have tried to stay involved (through volunteering) and we have seen first hand the creative, supportive, respectful, engaging, fun, challenging, inspiring, amazing environment this school has created for the students, staff, parents and its surrounding community. I say all the time (and hear it from so many other parents).. "I WISH THEY HAD A SCHOOL LIKE THIS WHEN I WAS YOUNGER!"

Posted August 30, 2010
My daughter is now a senior at SOTA. What else can i say but AWESOME!!!! This school is the best thing that happened to my child, the teachers and staff are so kind and compasionate, they really truely care about the students this is just not a job to them. I don't know what it is but they seem to know how to communicate with the teenagers. I feel blessed to have a school like this for my child to attend.

Posted April 30, 2010
My son graduated in '09 and I am so thankful that he received his education from SOTA. Their forum-based curriculum has prepared him well for a small, highly selective liberal arts college, and he is destined to become an academic, thanks to the exemplary role models that exist throughout the SOTA staff. I have no doubts my son will continue to work toward his PhD - a goal he set while at SOTA. His experience there resulted in developing a great respect for high quality, creative, and engaged educators. I am in awe of the level of staff engagement, as well as the personal responsibility that is instilled in the students. There's nothing more fulfilling than watching your child transform into a wonderful, well-adjusted human being. Every school should be like SOTA.

Posted November 18, 2009
My daughter is a student at Tacoma School of the Arts. She had no problem 'fitting in' and achieving at the traditional high school. However, TSOTA offers so much more. The basics that are needed for high school are taught, but the basics are done in a way that integrates creativity and encourages thinking and individual responsibility and accountability. In addition they get fabulous extras in the arts and community service that build them up as people and individuals, again, encouraging the students to discover who they are and what they stand for. Community is emphasized as well. It is a very well rounded excellent college preparatory school. And the family support is excellent as well.

Posted August 05, 2009
My daughter is a student at this wonderful school. She is a bit quirky and has never really fit into the 'normal' school environment (academic nor social). When we first walked into TSOTA for a parent information night, my daughter suddenly fit. Nearly every student there had their own quirkiness and individual personality. The teachers and staff were just as eccentric as the kids. The overall impression was that they were their to find a way for our kids to succeed in their education and not fit their individuality into neat little molds. A wonderful school.

Tacoma School Of The Arts
1950 Pacific Ave, Tacoma, WA  98402
Last modified Tacoma School Of The Arts is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tacoma School Of The Arts Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top