Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

they give enough homework but don't have enough after school support there is tutoring on designated days but even then the teachers won't help you much.

Develops character: Disagree

there is no fairness or equality if your a Christian believer but there is a push for equality and fairness to those who choose to live ungodly and unruly. Lots of discussions in the classes on fridays are about personal topics "happy and crappies" is what they call it.

My high school is an awesome school because its the only art's high school in the Greater Tacoma. I think others should see that we do more than the basic art classes and have a good security system in place. My school can improve by some of the curriculum and let student voice be heard instead of just their voices.

I am a Senior here at the school and I don't graduate until two years from now. I wanted to let you know that the school has made big impact on my life for the past four years. The Tacoma School of the Arts has a interesting Internship program for the students to use for the Adult world. I think the school needs to improve on student communication and teacher meeting times. I hope some day you would come to this school.

I LOVE this school! My daughter is engaged in her own learning as a citizen of the world. Instructors care about my child. She is following her passion in photography and is learning life long skills. She is challenged in rigorous Humanities and Math/Science classes. This si a must do school!!

I am a parent of a SOTA senior. I am sad that my son will be graduating this year because the experience we have had with this school the past three years has been the best! My daughter plans to attend SOTA in 2014. I wish my daughter could skip over 8th and 9th grade at University Place Schools and go directly to SOTA or a school like it. UP has definitely gone downhill.

It's very forward thinking, the teachers and staff show respect and care for their students, the school is innovative and quick to make changes when something isn't working.

Reading over the other reviews all the way back to 2003..I agree with every single one of them! Our son is currently a Junior and SOTA truly is the "best thing that ever happened to him". He really IS happy to go to school everyday. He loves his teachers, he's now engaged in subjects that he had previously struggled in, and we feel like he is blossoming into this amazing adult before our eyes. Unlike most public high schools, parent involvement is encouraged and welcomed. My husband and I have tried to stay involved (through volunteering) and we have seen first hand the creative, supportive, respectful, engaging, fun, challenging, inspiring, amazing environment this school has created for the students, staff, parents and its surrounding community. I say all the time (and hear it from so many other parents).. "I WISH THEY HAD A SCHOOL LIKE THIS WHEN I WAS YOUNGER!"

My daughter is now a senior at SOTA. What else can i say but AWESOME!!!! This school is the best thing that happened to my child, the teachers and staff are so kind and compasionate, they really truely care about the students this is just not a job to them. I don't know what it is but they seem to know how to communicate with the teenagers. I feel blessed to have a school like this for my child to attend.

My son graduated in '09 and I am so thankful that he received his education from SOTA. Their forum-based curriculum has prepared him well for a small, highly selective liberal arts college, and he is destined to become an academic, thanks to the exemplary role models that exist throughout the SOTA staff. I have no doubts my son will continue to work toward his PhD - a goal he set while at SOTA. His experience there resulted in developing a great respect for high quality, creative, and engaged educators. I am in awe of the level of staff engagement, as well as the personal responsibility that is instilled in the students. There's nothing more fulfilling than watching your child transform into a wonderful, well-adjusted human being. Every school should be like SOTA.

Last modified Tacoma School Of The Arts is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.