Bad
Good

Midland Elementary School 3

Posted May 23, 2016
While I appreciate the fact that my child's school is safe and the teachers are friendly, I do not appreciate all the junk my child's teacher gives her nearly everyday. I think it should be up to a parent to decide when their child has junk food. Schools should be providing a more balanced diet as we do in our home. Instead, my daughter eats cinnamon rolls, banana bread, and donuts for breakfast. Then, her teacher gives her cookies and cakes. It does not make sense.

Posted November 25, 2013
Midland is a great school. The teachers and other staff members all seem to truly care about the students. They treat each child as an individual and think outside the box in their attempt to meet each child's educational needs. My child attended here for 5 years and it was hard to leave it behind when she was selected for the Excel program at Brookdale.

Posted June 15, 2007
Two of our daughters have attended this school and we have had nothing but wonderful experiences. The school really involves the whole family and it's evident that they care about their students through the effort they put into school functions. Both of our daughters have been placed in the Honors program and I attribute the school for a lot of their success. All of the staff at Midland have been amazing! The librarian really works hard to engage children in reading and the music teacher is phenomenal! Thank you for making our children's academic experience so positive!

Posted September 04, 2006
This school, the Principal and the teachers are just great. Everything is involved, connected and it works so well for the kids.

Midland Elementary School 4

Posted May 09, 2005
Good school with energetic, inventive teachers. Especially good in their Pre-K programs and their Kindergarten programs where the teachers often conference and team teach their area of expertise to keep the lessons on target. Kindergarten team reaaly focused and goal oriented on having your child pass benchmarks that will lead to later success in reading. Upper grades are good too, just a little over crowed. Have academy program in 4th and 5th grades that allows for longer day with more personalized attention for instruction. Currently on a temporary campus at Garden Road elementary. New state of the art two story campus being built on midland Road to be completed in fall 2005.

Midland Elementary School 4

Posted April 01, 2005
My youngest two children attend Midland, and my wife and I couldn't be happier with this school. All of the teachers that we have encounterd so far have been fantastic. The music program is very involved and our kids have a wonderful time at Midland. They love going to school. The PTA is very involved and will continue to be a great influence on the programs available to the children.

Posted September 22, 2004
My daughter started kindergarten last year with Midland elementary. I have to say that this school is doing an amazing job with the children! My daughter is excelling with her reading, and grasping a strong concept of math skills. She is very excited with the experiments offered in science. She absolutely loves going to music! The science and music specialists are great bonuses! We love the extra family nights that the school offers. Way to go Midland Elementary! The staff makes this school extra exceptional!

Midland Elementary School
2300 105th St East, Tacoma, WA  98445
Last modified Midland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.