PK-4|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son has attended this school for two years. His teachers have an excellent understanding of early childhood development and have provided him with a positive encouraging learning environment that has nurtured his nature inquisitiveness. They direct his sometimes over abundant energy out to the playground or garden for cooperative play with the other kids. We have been very pleased.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My child's teachers are very conscious to meet my child where he is and help him develop academically, emotionally and socially! In this age of accelerating technology the most important skills of the future will be the ability to quickly learn and adapt and the ability to relate to others during collaboration. While other curricula focus solely on academics at the cost of social skills, the Waldorf curriculum is well suited to developing these skills.

Develops character: Strongly agree

We have been at other schools, Montessori, private, public. This environment by far nurishes caracter without suppressing the individual

This school has not only brought a great community of lifelong friendships in our lives, but it has been a healing place where my children are seen for who they are. The teachers nourish their education by looking at each child as a whole. Mind, Body, and Spirit. The school gives children tools to be great human beings who can discern for themselves with the confidence they gain by being in the rich environment of teaching through the arts. We don't have to worry about our children getting lost in the system or testing that doesn't show the real way children think or learn. We don't have to worry about the lack of outdoor play, music, cursive, art, foreign language, and theatre. And the classes aren't overwhelming in size so each child grows in the pace they need. No distractions of social media or competitive commercialism. Here at Waldorf, they spend much time outdoors in nature throughout the seasons. Often doing their math blocks in the playground doing things like multiplying while using a jump rope or jumping from one log to another. The school models healthy lifestyle and works hard to support parents by providing them tools and education to be conscious about how to help their children flourish. I am so grateful for the wonderful faculty and staff who all go through extensive training and work together as a family dynamic. Because of the great financial aid assistance program we were able to continue to keep our children at Tacoma Waldorf another year. And let me just say even one year in this environment will be a gift for years to come. It's hard work to be part of a nonprofit school but every second and every relationship we have made in this community has been a blessing.

This is a great school, where they value your child as a human, not a price tag. They excel academically here, but also grow, and thrive in learning who they are, and being a true, honest, good person for the whole world to see. They have the opportunity to be a child, and develop wisdom no public school will ever offer. This school has done amazing and wondrous things for my very shy little one, and without their graceful way of teaching, she may have never came out of her shell, or excelled in a classroom.

My family has had nothing shy of a wonderful experience since the moment my daughter stepped foot into her preschool classroom at age 3. I fondly tell others that dropping her off at school there daily is like leaving our house and walking into another wonderful, safe, nurturing, and engaging living room. My child has blossomed year after year and I look forward to more years of watching her grow as a well rounded, mindful and compassionate person. I am often encouraged watching the older children in the grades classes and how Waldorf is shaping them into the wonderful human beings their becoming. And the passion of the educators, board members and dedicated families is tremendous. This school has so much to offer children with a complete and robust education that is truly top notch.

The education my daughter has received has helped her to develop into an amazing, well rounded child. She is respectful, compassionate and self-confident. She has transitioned from Tacoma Waldorf School to a public middle school with confidence & ease. She has a sense of pride in her work that her teachers noticed and have commented on her "outside the box" thinking.

I am so glad we learned about this gem of a school! I began attending the parent-tot classes with my daughter when she was two. She is now in the 3rd grade and we love TWS. Waldorf education's rich curriculum is presented at developmentally appropriate times and in ways that engage the children on many levels. Having the arts, movement and an appreciation for nature integrated deeply in the subject matter brings a deeper understanding and encourages a love for learning. Our family highly recommends TWS!

The teachers are all amazing. They integrate the arts with academics and allows children to fully develop their unique talents and capacities. Its all based on the amazing Waldorf philosophy, founded in German in the early 20th century based on the insights and teaching of Rudolf Steiner, a renowned anthroposophist, artist, scientist, and thinker. It evolved from a profound understanding of the human spirit and human development. The teachers here educate the whole child and this unique education inspires life long learning and intellectual curiosity. The maturity and knowledge base of my 7 and 5 year old children based on their experiences here are truly astonishing. My five year old son counts and sings songs in Japanese, and my seven year old daughter can do multiplication tables while jump roping. Really amazing.

After 6 years of attending this school with experience of my children being taught by 5 teachers of the staff as well as specialty class teachers, I can honestly say that what they experience is an excellent and satisfying education. Movement and creativity is woven through storytelling, mathematics, writing, music and foreign language. This provides an engrossing and exciting education for all ages. It is so important to understand different points of view and seeing learing from varying avenues in our ever changing world and Waldorf education is outstanding and well established at this. Tacoma Waldorf School has a strong parent community and strives towards supporting each other as our school grows. 20 years and still going strong!

Last modified Tacoma Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-4