Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 30, 2015
i have this one teacher, i wont say any names, but she was amazing! she wass there to help me whenever i needed it

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted September 30, 2015
there is no point of the teachers, they dont do anything, they hardly ever teach, they just talk about stuff

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted September 30, 2015
when you reach out to the teachers for help they toartally act like it is such a bother to them, but not all of them

Washington Virtual Academies 4

Posted September 30, 2015
if you have a bad teacher it can be miserable but the bad teachers usually are in math but i finnaly got a good teacher

Washington Virtual Academies 1

Posted May 16, 2015
If you want your child stressed beyond measure and bullied by administration (namely the vice principal) then register. This was the worst year being at wava. Previous years were fine but this year was exceptionally bad. With their truancy notices that can't be excused because their blackboard won't work and the vice principal who calls one day and threatens that if you don't call back in two hours your child is kicked out. I'm am so angry that my child was kicked out one month before school is over over a truancy. Who is this hurting? The way the school is run this year is inexcusable. I don't recommend this school to anyone. My children will not be returning.

Washington Virtual Academies 5

Posted September 08, 2014
WAVA K-12 is a wonderful online public school. I have been home schooling my 2 boys, Brady who is 16 and Ashton who is 11, for 6 years now. I decided to pull my boys from the regular brick and mortar school because the teacher to student ratio was 1 to 30. This was very unacceptable for my husband and me. After researching the many different options we chose WAVA K-12 due to the personal recommendations and the type of education they had to offer. This program is adaptable to every students need. Whether you are a head, behind, or right on track, this program will create a schedule that is meant specifically for your student s needs. My 16 year old son is advanced with his schooling. He has been able to use this program to advance and fulfill his specific career goals. He will be attending college full time which will allow him to get his A.A. Transfer degree and his High School diploma at the same time. This program is truly wonderful and I would encourage everyone to use this program for your home schooling needs.

Washington Virtual Academies 2

Posted September 04, 2014
So far registration is a PAIN! Months we have been trying to get all of her paperwork straightened out. Call center gives you a new person to deal with each time we call... hopefully the attention will be better once she finally gets enrolled! Will update

Washington Virtual Academies 4

Posted June 23, 2014
My daughter just completed her first year with WAVA. She joined WAVA because she was learning nothing at our local school. Her initial testing showed she was below level. I am pleased to say she completed the year on the honor roll and with above average scores. Granted it was quite a bit of work for me as Learning Coach and registration is a pain, but I like the mastery based system. I will definitely be returning this fall.

Washington Virtual Academies 5

Posted June 22, 2014
The registration can be difficult, but I found that this was due primarily to our local school district. My daughter attended WAVA from 4th-12th, graduating this year. She always found the system, requirements, teachers, and administration very easy to deal with. My daughter will be attending The University of Alabama this year. We never had a problem with the curriculum. It should also be noted without the testing WAVA participates in my daughter would never had been accepted into University at all. I would recommend WAVA to everyone I know!

Washington Virtual Academies 1

Posted June 22, 2014
We started our journey with WAVA, almost 5-years ago. Back then it was a good alternative to brick-and-mortar public school. However, over the past 2-years it became more like a traditional public school. Requirements began to change, and they became ridiculously demanding and rigid! Further, I watched in disbelief, while WAVA began to implement Common Core curriculum. This was done on the sly, without ever informing parents. This year, announcements were made that further Common Core requirements and changes to State testing would be implemented - beginning with middle school. This was the last straw, and it was time for us to say good-bye. We will be transitioning to traditional home school, come fall.

2601 South 35th Street, Suite 100, Tacoma, WA  98409
Last modified Washington Virtual Academies is a Public school that serves grades K-12
Washington Virtual Academies Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top