Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

New format makes it useless for Learning Coaches. You cannot see anything but the schedule. The tests are terrible, especially in English. Giving multiple choice questions or poorly worded questions, with no partial credit for Literary Analysis, is a poor way to teach. Not teachers fault, but whoever designed the quizzes and tests is doing a disservice. Flexibility to work at child's pace is gone. Warning, if your child is an athlete, the program is not NCAA accredited.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

there is no point of the teachers, they dont do anything, they hardly ever teach, they just talk about stuff

if you have a bad teacher it can be miserable but the bad teachers usually are in math but i finnaly got a good teacher

If you want your child stressed beyond measure and bullied by administration (namely the vice principal) then register. This was the worst year being at wava. Previous years were fine but this year was exceptionally bad. With their truancy notices that can't be excused because their blackboard won't work and the vice principal who calls one day and threatens that if you don't call back in two hours your child is kicked out. I'm am so angry that my child was kicked out one month before school is over over a truancy. Who is this hurting? The way the school is run this year is inexcusable. I don't recommend this school to anyone. My children will not be returning.

WAVA K-12 is a wonderful online public school. I have been home schooling my 2 boys, Brady who is 16 and Ashton who is 11, for 6 years now. I decided to pull my boys from the regular brick and mortar school because the teacher to student ratio was 1 to 30. This was very unacceptable for my husband and me. After researching the many different options we chose WAVA K-12 due to the personal recommendations and the type of education they had to offer. This program is adaptable to every students need. Whether you are a head, behind, or right on track, this program will create a schedule that is meant specifically for your student s needs. My 16 year old son is advanced with his schooling. He has been able to use this program to advance and fulfill his specific career goals. He will be attending college full time which will allow him to get his A.A. Transfer degree and his High School diploma at the same time. This program is truly wonderful and I would encourage everyone to use this program for your home schooling needs.

So far registration is a PAIN! Months we have been trying to get all of her paperwork straightened out. Call center gives you a new person to deal with each time we call... hopefully the attention will be better once she finally gets enrolled! Will update

My daughter just completed her first year with WAVA. She joined WAVA because she was learning nothing at our local school. Her initial testing showed she was below level. I am pleased to say she completed the year on the honor roll and with above average scores. Granted it was quite a bit of work for me as Learning Coach and registration is a pain, but I like the mastery based system. I will definitely be returning this fall.

The registration can be difficult, but I found that this was due primarily to our local school district. My daughter attended WAVA from 4th-12th, graduating this year. She always found the system, requirements, teachers, and administration very easy to deal with. My daughter will be attending The University of Alabama this year. We never had a problem with the curriculum. It should also be noted without the testing WAVA participates in my daughter would never had been accepted into University at all. I would recommend WAVA to everyone I know!

We started our journey with WAVA, almost 5-years ago. Back then it was a good alternative to brick-and-mortar public school. However, over the past 2-years it became more like a traditional public school. Requirements began to change, and they became ridiculously demanding and rigid! Further, I watched in disbelief, while WAVA began to implement Common Core curriculum. This was done on the sly, without ever informing parents. This year, announcements were made that further Common Core requirements and changes to State testing would be implemented - beginning with middle school. This was the last straw, and it was time for us to say good-bye. We will be transitioning to traditional home school, come fall.

If I could give negative 1 star I would. This organization is horrific to deal with even during the enrollment process. I can't imagine what it would be like to enroll as a full time student. After 2 weeks of being on hold forever and never getting full answers to my questions, I withdrew our enrollment for my high schooler. This organization is misleading in saying you have a PAL or personal liason to work with you. They give you a national "PAL" line, and say a name of a consultant for whom you don't get a direct line. When you call, you are on hold for at least a half an hour to try to talk to someone, and when you do talk, it is to whomever answers the phone. They have scripts and are constantly wanting to talk the scripts and are afraid to give you direct lines to supervisors or anyone who has power to actually give answers. I would not recommend K12 or WAVA.

Last modified Washington Virtual Academies is a Public school that serves grades K-8