Bad
Good

Stafford is an amazing school they regularly go above and beyond the call of duty.They create an environment that creates self esteem and self worth and confidence in a child. My child has blossomed here loves going everyday and is excited to go and when she comes home charged and ready to back. This is the best school I have had the pleasure to work with. Would highly recommend this school to any parent. My child is special needs they make her feel normal and she fits in AMAZING! !!!!!!

This school fully convinced me to leave the public school system entirely and to go into the private sector. My son was one of 30 student, 15 of which were ESL and 2 were obviously special needs. As for the other 13, 3 of them were bullies who were completely left unchecked because of the enormous task the teacher had in dealing with the struggling 17. My son was miserable. Not to mention the office staff was so disrespectful EVERY time I was in the office. I cannot recommend this school.

I've been a teacher at Stafford for the last five years. I have worked all over Tacoma and I can say without a doubt that it is the best school I have ever worked at. A few of the reasons we have such high success is because every teacher works together. Unfortunately that doesn't happen in a lot of schools. Teachers feel they have to stick to their own grade levels. Not at Stafford. As a Kinder teacher I feel comfortable talking with 5th grade teachers and vice versa. We also have an amazing principal who doesn't micro manage us, she trusts us and she lets us teach. Every teacher goes out of their way to make each and every day the best day of our students lives. Stafford is a unique building, with amazing kids, amazing parents, and an amazing community. I feel very lucky to be a part of this amazing school.

Absolutely LOVE this school. The principal, Ms. Evans, is wonderful and the teachers and staff are truly great. Very forward thinking and innovative when it comes to dealing with issues that come up with students who are struggling academically or just having a hard day. They reward good behavior and have excellent and supportive ways of dealing with the bad behavior. We have a 1st and 3rd grader in this school and they love it here. Lots of learning too, of course!

Last modified Helen B. Stafford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.