Helen B. Stafford Elementary School 2

Posted November 23, 2014
This school fully convinced me to leave the public school system entirely and to go into the private sector. My son was one of 30 student, 15 of which were ESL and 2 were obviously special needs. As for the other 13, 3 of them were bullies who were completely left unchecked because of the enormous task the teacher had in dealing with the struggling 17. My son was miserable. Not to mention the office staff was so disrespectful EVERY time I was in the office. I cannot recommend this school.

Posted June 28, 2014
I've been a teacher at Stafford for the last five years. I have worked all over Tacoma and I can say without a doubt that it is the best school I have ever worked at. A few of the reasons we have such high success is because every teacher works together. Unfortunately that doesn't happen in a lot of schools. Teachers feel they have to stick to their own grade levels. Not at Stafford. As a Kinder teacher I feel comfortable talking with 5th grade teachers and vice versa. We also have an amazing principal who doesn't micro manage us, she trusts us and she lets us teach. Every teacher goes out of their way to make each and every day the best day of our students lives. Stafford is a unique building, with amazing kids, amazing parents, and an amazing community. I feel very lucky to be a part of this amazing school.

Posted November 01, 2013
Absolutely LOVE this school. The principal, Ms. Evans, is wonderful and the teachers and staff are truly great. Very forward thinking and innovative when it comes to dealing with issues that come up with students who are struggling academically or just having a hard day. They reward good behavior and have excellent and supportive ways of dealing with the bad behavior. We have a 1st and 3rd grader in this school and they love it here. Lots of learning too, of course!

Posted March 01, 2010

Posted October 26, 2007

Posted October 12, 2007

Helen B. Stafford Elementary School
1615 South 92nd St, Tacoma, WA  98444
Last modified Helen B. Stafford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Helen B. Stafford Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top