Tacoma, WA

Christensen Elementary School 5

Posted June 19, 2015
This is my sons first year at Christensen. Overall its been a great experience. The teachers are very nice and helpful. My son has excelled tremendously since Sept. In his math and reading. His teacher is outstanding and keeps in touch with me always calls me back or writes me during the year. The family nights were enjoyable the science fair was fun! I'm actively involved with my child which helps more then anything, and this next year my daughter will be in kindergarten at Christensen!

Christensen Elementary School 5

Posted May 29, 2014
This school is great, they have a lot of great programs for the kids to work with them on their weakness, as well as they help the kids grow physically and mentally. I really love how much my daughter has learn since she been assisting to this school, the teachers are great are know what they doing, my girl love them, and she loves the school as well.

Posted November 26, 2013
Christianson elementary does not follow through for a positive outlook for children with behavioral problems. Some of the teachers are fabulous but it is the higher that keep it from progressing.

Posted June 29, 2013
This is a terrible school. The staff has no warmth and does not care about the students. My child's teacher refered to the school as a "revolving door" of students and explained to me that students in poverty only respond to "yelling at them" because they are "ignored at home". While my student was not one of the students being yelled at, they are a good kid, I would not leave my child is this teacher's care and pulled my child as soon as there was an opening at another school. The teachers do not care if the students learn or not. They are unresponsive to the needs of the individual students. The teachers care more about the appearance of structure then if the students are learning necessary social and language skills. All in all this school is appauling. Do not send your child there.

Posted February 17, 2011
This school is like any other public school...the quality of teachers lacks due to the standard of pay, and the sad reality is that many of them forget why they wanted to be a teacher to begin with. The principal of Christensen is a condesending man with an inferiority complex.

Christensen Elementary School 4

Posted September 16, 2010
I have three daughters and have been involved with Christensen for the last 6 years. I am very pleased with the quality education my girls have received. The teachers are attentive to the needs of all children, make every effort to help those who excel and those who struggle, and respond to parent concerns and input. I am an involved parent and it makes all the difference.

Posted October 04, 2009
My fifth grader has only one more year at this school and I cannot wait to get out of here. The principal has a attitude that he thinks he is superior to everyone. There are some good teachers, but most of the staff seems like they do not know a thing about children. They expect way too much out of young children and set them up to fail, especially in issues of behavior. If you live in an area where you can choose your school pass this one up! I know several parents who have pulled their children out of Christensen the last two years.

Posted September 10, 2009
my son went to this school from kindergarten until fourth grade , I belive he had a great experience in learning and having his specila needs met.

Posted May 13, 2009
I am the parent of a kindergartner so we were new this year 08-09. We have had a very positive experience with full day kindergarten my son has learned to read, do math, even mapping skills learned in a fun way. It has been asked for and encouraged for parents to participate not only in the class rooms but for PTA functions, I have noticed there is not a lot of parent participation. The teachers have been great, I have noticed and appreciated teachers from the upper grades saying hello to my son by name, they take an interest in all the kids not just their class. Thanks Christensen.

Posted November 05, 2008
My son went to this school last year and we did not have a good experience. The principal is wishy-washy. He claims to want parent involvement but when he gets it, he complains about parents being there too much. The entire school acts as if parents are a nuisance more than an asset. Recess has been cut way back, behavioral issues have become top priority, and no one seems to actually care about the students. Franklin Pierce School District has continually asked for raising taxes to help the look of the school and upgrade sport facilities, but not to help their failing curriculum. I don't think any child should have to go to a school like Christensen just to be ignored, treated badly, and gain nothing. I am horrified that there's such a school like this out there; if your child goes here, pull them out before it does its damage.

10232 Barnes Ln, Tacoma, WA  98444
Last modified Christensen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Christensen Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top