Tacoma, WA

Posted October 02, 2014
I love this school. My daughter has gone to This school for two years now and loves her teachers. I really like the way all the teachers are involved in the improvement of all the children and keep it fun. Great school

Posted April 30, 2014
Great school! Lots of parent involvement. Implemented a new program for dads to be more involved and a visible presence at the school. Lots of fun activities for the kids.

Posted August 04, 2013
I used to go to Collins and it is a great school where you can learn and have fun at the same time. In the time I was in about third grade I experienced bullying. I was bullied all the time for an injury I had gotten that left a scar. People called me names and I cried. My wonderful teacher was worried about me and she sent me to the school councilor. The councilor boosted my confidence and I just laughed along with those insults. I still expierienced bullying until middle school but I survived it all. I don't even think I would be the same energetic, wild, and happy person I am today. All the teachers at Collins used to call me the smily girl. I was always happy. I thank all the staff at Collins for helping me through all this. I love Collins. All the teachers are helpful and they care about your schoolwork, and your happiness. Collins made learning fun and now I'm in honors classes. Thankyou. This school deserves 5+ stars.

Posted October 27, 2009

Posted June 16, 2009

Posted June 05, 2008
Collins has been a positive learning place for my son. In fact, he got accepted at Brookdale Elementary for a 'Project Excel' program in the fall, but I would much rather have him stay at Collins. The staff and faculty at Collins are always helpful, friendly, and caring. A good child deserves a good school=]

Posted June 07, 2006
This has been a great school for my son to go to and my daughter went here as well. The teachers care about the students and there are a good group of ladies that organize all of the school activities.

Posted March 08, 2006
My children have attended Collins for three years. The faculty cares about the students. There are numerous extracurricular activities such as choir, marimba band, unicycle club, etc. PTA is very active in the school, organizing various activities such as movie nights, carnivals, and game nights. They have a fifth grade camp every year in which they go to a YMCA camp for two nights.

Posted October 21, 2005
I have had 4 children who currently attend, or have previously attended Collins. I have found the staff to be friendly and genuinely interested in offering their best for their students. The after school unicycle program is an outstanding opportunity for athletes and non-athletes to demonstrate learned skills and dedication. The music program offers the students the opportunity to play a variety of instruments and experiment with music. I am not a proponent of the Everyday Math curriculum. I believe the students should master a concept before learning a new one, and Everyday Math does not allow enough practice on a given topic before the students move on to other topics. Grades k-2 have just started Read Well for learning to read. The Step Up to Writing seems overly structed, but appears to be a good STARTING point for Writing. The PTA is an active, positive addition to the school.

Posted October 20, 2005

Collins Elementary School
4608 128th St East, Tacoma, WA  98446
Last modified Collins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Collins Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top