Tacoma, WA

Harvard Elementary School 1

Posted January 14, 2014
I am looking on this site to get my child out of this school his teacher is great but everything else is horrible the school we will be sending him to is in Arizona where were moving and it's a 9 out if 10 better test scores and will be challenged there's supposed to be a no bully policy what a joke! I literally can not wait to get my kindergardener out of this state and out of this school Ps do not send your kid on the bus I have had nothing but problems the fifth graders pick on the kindergardeners and nothing is done instead the kindergarder will be punished for defending him or herself plus they have no compassion for special needs children that have ADD or any other learning disability if I could I would give it no stars

Harvard Elementary School 2

Posted April 29, 2012
My son came from Tacoma School District #10. The requirements are far from the same at Harvard Elementary. Daily homework is not mandatory and I have to come up with alternative teaching methods at home because my son is not being challenged. The school awards mediocrity and praises the kids for showing up rather than celebrating with the kids over actually learning. I am counting down the days until we move and can get our child out of the Franklin Pierce School District.

Posted July 26, 2009

Posted December 15, 2008
I have heard not so great things about this school, but am so happy I decided to send my child anyway. The teachers are wonderful, the principal is fantastic. I volunteer 4 out of 5 days in the classroom, and I am very, very pleased with the school. This is coming from a very critical mother. Please ignore negative reviews.

Posted August 29, 2008
My son 1st year at harvard was great for me and him, I fell in love with the school and the principal seemed to be a wonderful person and it seem as if he knew all the children by name and I'm like wow, Ilike the way I saw him interact with the children and I liked it. My son is now going to the 1st grade and I hope all is still good. I know children that go there also and they seem to be alright and the school is always in order when I go there and I've there many of times morning afternoon and after school and to me so far so good to Teachers. Principal,students and all the staff.. My child love school and been ready to go back all summer.

Harvard Elementary School 2

Posted July 13, 2007
The staff at this school are absolutely WONDERFUL, but the addition of the new principal, in 2005 has dramatically reduced the quality of the program and the general atmosphere. He's basically a 'stuffed suit' that doesn't take a genuine interest in the staff, students, or the building. He lacks leadership, communication skills, and general people/management skills. The discipline problems at Harvard border on dangerous, and teachers are not well-supported with it comes to discipline issues.

Harvard Elementary School 3

Posted September 05, 2006
Both grandsons have gone to this school for the past four years. I have been disappointed that this school does not offer more one on one for children with ADHD. We have had a couple of excellent teachers who have made extra effort and it was much appreciated. I have done volunteer work at the school and have had opportunities to observe different teachers in there classroom. Three of these teachers had absolutely no control in their classrooms, but I confidence that there will be improvements as these teachers are know longer there this year.

Harvard Elementary School
1709 85th St East, Tacoma, WA  98445
Last modified Harvard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harvard Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top