Washington High School 3

Posted September 26, 2013
Alright, so putting aside "Patriot Pride" or whatever other buzzwords get plastered on here, this school was decent enough. I recently graduated from WHS as a part-time student there, the rest being spent as a Running Start Student. WHS is NOT by any means a bad school. They have done much to improve their image. It is a fairly safe school and quite honestly had some of the greatest teachers that I have ever met. The 70% rule was fantastic. If you can't do that you better like working a dead-end job because it doesn't get any easier post High School. Now, as I said this WAS a great rule. Now it's just stupid. Students being able to retake tests in order to pass, grade padding with a ridiculous percentage of the final grade being attributed to homework and attendance, it's all just lying really. A student shouldn't be able to skip a test because they can retake it until they pass. Even blind guessing will eventually get them a 70% so whats the point. Why pass unable students through the system? It's not helping anyone. In the end, that's what ruins this school's scores. Not it's "lack of caring teachers" nor it's "passiveness" it's the fact that it's to lazy to fix itself.

Posted January 27, 2013
Best teachers! I enjoy everything this school has to offer. The coaches are cool and very inspirational.

Posted November 05, 2012
I love this school ! I'm proud to say that i'm a Patriot! This is honestly the BEST high school ever.

Posted October 06, 2011
As a senior at Washington High School and someone who has attended this school since freshmen year I believe our school deserves a much better rating. Our test sores have improved greatly and we have made our school have a family like environment. Everyone from freshmen to seniors show their pride every Friday. We support our football team with huge audiences and we always know how to do things right. Washington High School is an amazing school wit the best teachers out there. They don't come to school everyday just to teach, they build relationships with us and help us be successful in all we want to do. If it wasn't for their amazing encouragement and involvement our school wouldn't be as great as t it, not to mention we have great administrators that actually take part and care about what we do. I love WHS :)

Posted September 23, 2011
I'm currently a senior at WHS and I can say with conviction that it is the best school I've ever been to. Our principle is always out and about, ready to answer questions or encourage us when we need a pick-me-up; the staff is incredibly kind and ready to help anyone at the drop of a hat; my counselor has gotten to know me on a personal level and genuinely cares about my future; and my teachers? Don't get me started! I've never had a teacher at WHS that I haven't liked. I consider many of them to be mentors and role models rather than simple instructors. The teachers at WHS invest in their students personally, and are always there if we have troubles - inside OR outside of school. Though it's corny, a few of my teachers have helped shape the person I am today. There are those rare "inspirational" teachers who stick with you long after you graduate. Our school climate is awesome. For the most part, everyone respects and loves one another. I have never felt unsafe or threatened at WHS, and we have a zero-tolerance stance on bullying. There are tons of different clubs, we have monthly homework help and study sessions, and no one is excluded. Everyone has a place at WHS!

Posted September 23, 2011
Best school EVER! Honestly, i've gone here 3 years, and it's been the best 3 years of my life. The leadership program continues to get stronger and the school continues to get better! Love all the teachers and everyone is SUPER Friendly. Also, there is an overload of pride and spirit at this school. Gotta love that PATRIOT PRIDE! I <3 WHS :)

Washington High School 3

Posted December 16, 2010
I go to this school right now as a freshmand. Its okayy but people are so passive. But there is a lot of school spirit so i guess thats cool. The teachers are really cool and there is a lot of freedom in the class room. But maybe too much freedom. Its not a bad school but honestly it depends on the type of person that you are in order to like it. :)

Washington High School 1

Posted May 11, 2010

Posted April 08, 2010
I love Washington High School. I have been there all four years and I wouldn't change it for anything. The teachers and students of WHS are all accepting of everyone. There is never bullying here and there aren't even cliques. We all hang out with each other and every kid there has school spirit, whether they show it or not. Many students have transfered from Franklin Pierce and every one I've had the opportunity to talk to have ALL said that WHS is much more relaxed and much more fun. And everyone who transfers from WHS to FP always transfer back. We have a reputation of being a bad school, but that's only because we're small. I love my school.

Posted December 29, 2009
I personally think that naming WHS 'Washington High School' was a big mistake. If it was named 'Parkland High School' it would give the school and town so much more pride and WHS would no longer be the high school in Tacoma that people always ask, 'Where's that?'. Names can really help identify a school and associate it with the town it represents. Parkland has a lot to offer especially with PLU right in the heart of town. Such a great university that really should give our town a superb image. Parkland could revolve around WHS if only the community would support the school more! WHS has a lot of great students, teachers, and staff and a small town feel. If only everyone would embrace WHS more instead of always pointing out the negative aspects they would see how diverse of a school it is and it's potential.

Washington High School
12420 Ainsworth Ave South, Tacoma, WA  98444
Last modified Washington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top