Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I love Michael T. I grew up, and eventually taught in a district north of Tumwater and really didn't know what another district would or could offer. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to enroll my child at Michael T, as the opportunities to grow academically, socially and through multiple hands on opportunities are endless and well intended. Both Michael T and Tumwater School district, really do put children first and have staff that inspire hope and dream chasing! I know my child will be guided to fulfill her life dreams in a supportive, caring environment and I couldn't ask for a better place for her to be. Go Wolf Pups! A Parent and a Educator

My 3 children have gone here, and we've loved every teacher they've had. It is a very large school, but it doesn't feel that way. One of my children had academic problems before moving to this school, and at MTS they helped him solve all of his problems!

I have a son with classic autism. Perhaps I owe a great deal to the previous posters because I do know the school/district faced some type of an IDEA lawsuit a few years ago, right before we moved to the area. Now the autism program at MTS is beyond amazing. They put a program together with some help from University of WA. It's the first program, since preschool, that my son loves going to. I don't have to deal with melt-downs every morning like I did at his last 2 schools. In fact, when I explained to him that he's aging out of the program and he's going to have to go to a middle school next year, he started crying (Ugh! Broke my heart!). His math skills are now right at grade level. There is a lack of speech therapy within the district, but it's still a great program. Thank you to whomever fixed things... the previous parents... the teachers... it has done wonders for my son and we're both so sad he has to leave this school soon.

I would have to agree with a previous poster. Terrible teachers and after only 2 weeks there my child who has special needs was not getting what he needed from this school or the teachers, even after talking to them several times and trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. He is being transferred to another school. I do not reccomend this school, especially if you have a child who needs special attention of any kind or if you want your child to be treated nicely, do not send them here. If you dont care about your childs spirit being broken then go for it.

My son has been in 2 other schools and we have had no problems the 1st week in MTS and the teacher and principal are causing problems also they seem to enjoy talking down to parents of special needs children. We are very dissatisfied with this school.

My daughter went here for Kindergarten (but we bought a new home and its out of this district. Very sad about that) This school is FANTASTIC! They seem to truly care about their students and try the hardest to make things work for everyone. The education and parent involvement is great too! Wish my daughter could still go here, but congrats to all that do!

Great school and we have been very satisfied with their interest in the students. Away with the silly WASL!

MTS is an excellent school. The principal is extraordinary and teachers are great. We have three children attending and feel very fortunate to be associated with this school.

My family has had a long association with MTS and have found the staff to be exceptionally caring and professional. Not all of my children are 'easy' to have in a classroom, yet they have all loved their teachers there. Whenever discipline issues have arisen, my child has been allowed to both 'save face' and learn from the mistakes made. I appreciate that! Some highlights: 1. teachers in most grades work closely together so there are not huge differences from one class to the next. 2. excellent school/teacher--parent communication 3.strong special services dept 4. positive climate 5. emphasis on learning, not testing!! We couldn't be happier.

I love this school! My kids went to another school before coming here and I have volunteered in many different schools and the differences between them is amazing. We chose where we moved based on this great school!

Last modified Michael T Simmons Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.