Tumwater, WA

Posted August 02, 2013
I'm a student at New Market Skills Center, and I'm about to enter my 4th year there! Some of the things that make New Market a great school, would be things like Hands-On learning, which really helps for people with ADHD like me. You get to experience the work, not just read about it, or hear countless lectures every day. Some classes work directly with the Public, like Culinary Arts, Commercial Graphic Design, DigiPen Media Communications, and the Automotive Classes. Another thing that's great, is that, if you don't like the class you're taking, or you learn that the field doesn't interest you, then you can easily transfer to a different class that you may be interested in! Because of this, I've found what I love doing, working in the trades! Especially as an Electrician! I would need more space to write what I want about this school. I would definitely contact New Market, or attend one of their Orientations/Tours.

New Market Vocational Skills Center 1

Posted March 20, 2012
Great trade school, horrible high school. DO NOT come here to finish up your high school, the host high schools to not communicate the proper credits to have you graduate, I have been coming here for 4 years and I adore the teachers, but the make up credit game doesn't get played here. there is a reason for needing to be a junior or senior to be accepted and I am sure this is it. So please, treat this as a trade school, never a high school. I am very disappointed in the vast amount of work you need to do for even a half credit in a high school transcript in this school while programs like, youth build get to be PAID for going to school, then slack off and come back for another year. Absolutely sickening, as for me, the seemingly automated system for credit holding seems to have forgotten about me, I have one transcript from Yelm high school that stated I have more credits than the New Market ones dare say. Take it from someone who has been forced to move for the sack of staying in school, and have seen behind the smiley faces of the Administrative powers of this school and avoid at all costs if you are even slightly behind on your graduation requirements.

Posted October 13, 2011
This is an AMAZING place for learning. I was home schooled in high school so it was a great additional place to expand my knowledge in the subjects I was actually passionate about. I highly recommend it to anyone!

Posted November 05, 2009

Posted September 07, 2009

New Market Vocational Skills Center 4

Posted May 27, 2009
Fabulous choices in vocational / occupational courses. This allows High School students to explore possible career fields while earning college and High School credits. The staff care about the success of the kids.

Posted October 30, 2008
New Market is the best school I've ever attented! Traditional high school didn't work out for me, the cookie cutter way they have it set up just wasn't a good match. I ENJOY school every single day, and cannot wait to get up and go. It's a very hands on learning experience, and if you show your passion and dedication, these teachers can help you get fantastic jobs.

Posted October 01, 2008
Originally I found out about New Market from my mother. She asked me if I would like to attend summer session at New Market. I agreed to try it and was thoroughly surprised when I found a place that I could express myself as a young adult. New Market has been a big help in giving me a head start in the real world.

Posted October 01, 2008
I am a successful graduate of New Market Skills Center, and I can say that NMSC really helped me continue school. Regular high school just didn't seem to challenge me enough, while the staff and fellow students at NewMarket as well as the style of learning really made it interesting. I also, because of NMSC, won a national competition in my chosen field and landed a technology job right out of school. New Market rocks! A new administrator seems to have improved upon the bad reviews previous to me.

New Market Vocational Skills Center 4

Posted July 19, 2005
My son has been failing traditional school for the last 2 years. This is the first program that has worked for him. He's in the graphic design program, and he just loves it. This is a school for kids who are 'vocationally' oriented. Not for everyone, but if it fits it's a good fit.

New Market Vocational Skills Center
7299 New Market St SW, Tumwater, WA  98501
Last modified New Market Vocational Skills Center is a Public school that serves grades 11-12
New Market Vocational Skills Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top