Vancouver, WA

Pleasant Valley Primary School 4

Posted January 11, 2014
i wonderful school with a really homey, community feel. Staff is friendly and really are attentive every child.

Posted October 08, 2013
Both of our kids went through Pleasant Valley Primary and we could not have been happier. Great teachers and office staff. By far the most amazing part of Pleasant Valley is the parent involvement. The PTA is awesome. Highly recommend Pleasant Valley.

Posted September 26, 2013
Pleasant Valley might not have some of the advantages technology-wise that other, larger neighboring districts do, but the small size, and the quality of the educators and staff more than makes up for it. The PV parents & teachers work hand in hand to make sure every child is successful - it truly is a community where parents can be involved. PV is quick to identify ways it can improve and continually works towards those improvements. With three children at PV, one who is on an IEP, I have nothing but positive things to say for Pleasant Valley Primary and how hard they work for the success of our children every day.

Posted September 26, 2013
Pleasant Valley is the BEST! The staff, parents, and administration work hand in hand to make this school a community. Now that the levy has passed, we are seeing smaller class sizes and it's making a big difference. Kids are on the same main campus from Kindergarten to 8th grade..in separate buildings. Going to school with all the same kids for years helps to bond these kids together. That with a hugely supportive parent group, and fantasies teachers, combine to make the kids feel safe and loved. We love PV!

Posted September 04, 2013
Have never felt so welcome in my life. The staff at PVP listened and cared about my students. We've been through a lot of changes in the past 2 years and went from being a 2 parent military household to single mom with 3 kids in tow. I look forward to a great year at this school directly relating to the staff I saw today. Thank you!

Pleasant Valley Primary School 3

Posted August 01, 2013
Is a great school but lately been overwhelmed with the boundry changes and cut backs.

Posted June 02, 2011
I have a son who is finishing his 2nd year at Pleasant Valley and we absolutely love the school. We love this school because it is on the small side and it feels very safe and homey. The teachers are above average and really care about my son. The communication is the best. We get phone calls on a regular basis from the principal and emails from the PTA about what is going on around the school. We also get a calendar/newsletter from the teacher. Everyone in the school that I have come in contact with (principal, office staff, nurse, etc.) are very approachable and friendly. We love this school and wouldn't change a thing.

Pleasant Valley Primary School 2

Posted November 13, 2010
I have had two children attend this school. While the teachers are above average, I too have found the school lacks communication with parents. I should have known when I went to look up information on the school website and found nothing had been updated since the previous year. My daughter is now attending a school in another district and low and behold their website has calendars and recognizes children for their accomplishments etc etc. and is updated on a regular basis. The website is an easy way for parents to check in and find out what is going on at their childs school. Unfortunately, Pleasant Valley isn't utilizing this simple tool. Direction comes from the top, so if the principal is disorganized, so is the whole school. Striving for excellence is what they should be doing from the top down, rather than just plugging along satisfied with status quo.

Pleasant Valley Primary School 1

Posted July 19, 2010
I am not pleased with this school. I'm not sure if it was the teacher we had last year or the school itself. Last year was our first year in this school district and I feel that there is a HUGE lack of communication. I never knew what was going on in the class and I would get less than a weeks notice for a conference date (which doesn't work when you are a working family) and I even got a flyer for a sport that was about a month overdue. In the school district we were in previous I received these things called weekly letters. They were nice, you knew what was going on in the class and what they were going to do next. I believe this is a great idea and something that every school should have.

Pleasant Valley Primary School 4

Posted November 09, 2009
I'm a very involved grandparent. I have grandkids in 2nd and 3rd grades. These kids love school and always have something to share about what they've learned in school that day with thier parents on us. Their teachers and the principal are great. Financing can be an issue for textbooks, etc, but at this age the #1 issue is getting kids to enjoy and look forward to school and learning. Nice job!

Pleasant Valley Primary School
14320 NE 50th Ave, Vancouver, WA  98686
Last modified Pleasant Valley Primary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant Valley Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top