Bad
Good

Very good school with many GREAT teachers! The school can be a bit clicky, but Middle School in general is the cause I believe. I was very impressed by the communication with all the teachers I have encountered and LOVE that my kids WANT to go to school. Yes, my kids have a lot of homework every night, but it is manageable and they learn great time management.

I am a 7th grader at alki and I love this school. My teachers are great and fun at the same time. I have gad a great experience here at alki for the past year and a half and I will be upset next year when I leave to high school. Are academics are great and I feel like the teachers are connected to are education. There are only ABOUT 24-27 kids per class so we're not to crowded, we also have a great athletic department students play no matter if the are good bad short or tall fat or skinny. Are coaches are nice and make the sport fun not about winning. I now this because I play on the alki varsity volleyball and my coach doesn't expect us to win just because we are varsity. I say that if you want you child to go to a great school choose alki it's awesome!'

I'm a seventh grader at Alki. It's pretty nice here. I like the staff. The principle is leaving . we're getting a new one, but from, what I've heard she doesn't sound nice.

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. It's sic an honor to be at this school. My favorite teacher at the school is my temporarily Teaching choir teacher. his name is Mr.Denton. he's the best teacher you could ever have. HE'S AWESOME. He gives good advice and he's pretty wise :) I recommend coming here.

I am a soon to be 8th grader at alki. I've been going here since 2011. I love this school but the only thing that bothers me is that all the teachers try to hunt down girls that are somewhat being inappropriate when it's not even that bad. I got in trouble for having my tank top strap hanging out and I think that's absolutely ridiculous, I mean come on what's so inappropriate about a strap? And the shoulder rule when you have to have your shirt be the majority of you shoulder. I also think that they should change the bandas rule. Like seriously, I know it's a sign of people that like the same kind of gender as them but they should still be able too. I wear it to support them. And not wearing bandas for some people is like saying its wrong that they like the same gender as themselves. The last thing I have to say is the shorts part. I think it's not right to put a rule that if your fingertips are longer then your shorts then it's inappropriate. I have really long arms so If I were to wear shorts they would have to be to almost to my knees. I hate shorts like that. Please please please change theses rules!! I love this school just not the dress code.

Excellent academics, athletics, art and music. Highly effective principal. The teachers care about the student's academic achievement and involvement.

I like the teachers and school work but the one thing that isn't very wondeerful about this school is the drama. It follows you whever you go.

Right now i am currently a 7th grade student at the school and i must say that i have seen the reviews so far some bad some good so i'm here to put my input Alki middle school is great although some teachers could be more supportive most are great and want to help you althought during spring and summer they do really crack down on the clothing rules. May i warn you though for any students that are thinking about Alki that they do NOT have lockers so you do have to carry everything with you . The intermerial teachers are wonderful adn nice so there should not be a problem with them I prefer Mrs. Hebner the choir teacher and the spanish teacher Mrs. Myres( having her baby soon!) The spanish though is only fro 7th and 8th graders and you have to be approved. Good bye Go Wolves!!!!

Being a student at Alki middle school I've learned from this passed year that the teachers seemed to be more concerned about dress code than teaching. If they would have put as much effort in helping students and listening to concerns as they put into finding the girl with the shorest shorts or the boy with the lowest pants, maybe Alki could have had a better outcome in some students education. My personal opinion.

I am a student attending Alki right now as a seventh grader. I find that all of my teachers are extremely nice, but there are some that are better than others. The main problem is the students. The 8th graders this year are a pretty rough bunch and I have heard numerous complaints about them made by teachers. But, taking away the entire 8th grade, I feel that this school has been a good experience and will hopefully be a good preparation for high school.

Last modified Alki Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.