Benjamin Franklin Elementary School 2

Posted October 05, 2014
I have 2 children in this school. One is in 4th grade and the other is in 1st grade. I have noticed that my older child has slowly decreased her interest and progress in school. I have read all the other reviews and these parents need to wake up and smell the roses. They are completely happy with their children being at one of the worst schools in Vancouver. Why do you think they chose this school to be taken over by the Chineese Immersion? Ultimately I feel sorry for the children because the parents are failing their kids by standing by and letting their children get sub-par education. I am following in other families footsteps and am selling my house and moving somewhere that has acceptable schools. No disrespect to anyone, but come on parents "DON'T FAIL YOUR CHILDREN"!

Posted October 05, 2014
I'm sorry, I'm going to have to disagree with the previous parent. I also have more than one student at Franklin, now and in the past few years- not in the Mandarin program. Franklin teachers are very dedicated and are excellent at their job. Education is a partnership. Parents need to do their part as well. I am at the school,frequently and work with some of the students. Many of these children have been let down by parents who obviously don't work with them at home or who can't find the time to help at school. There is always an excuse for why forms can't be returned, why they can't show up for parent conferences, why their children in 4th & 5th grade still don't have times tables memorized, etc. However, there is always time to blame others, especially teachers, in today's society for the simple lack of good and attentive parenting. So, parents who like to complain about our little school-when was the last time you were at a PTA meeting or volunteered at the school? When was the last time you showed interest in what is going on at school, besides finding more things to complain about? I see a lot of caring and hard working people at Franklin, it's a shame you can't see it.

Benjamin Franklin Elementary School 2

Posted May 09, 2014
One sided school! Kids not treated equally! If your child is not in the mandarin program forget about it! It is too crowded because of the program and boundary exceptions! It's a mess!

Posted February 20, 2012
Our son attends Franklin and he has really blossomed here. We love the teachers and principal. The school has such a sweet, small-school environment and the PTA organizes many family-centered events. We couldn't be happier!

Posted April 29, 2011
I cannot say enough great things about this school. My child is in the Chinese Immersion program and every day I am astounded with what she is learning. The immersion program is incredible! The immersion parents are highly involved which has helped to make this two -year old program a success.

Posted April 20, 2009
the school is about to add a new element to it's offerings: a Chinese Language Immersion Program for k - 5. I met with the staff and Principal and couldn't be moreexcited about the program. Very nice building and facilities.

Benjamin Franklin Elementary School 4

Posted March 14, 2009
My daughter has attended this school for 5 years. The class sizes have grown the past couple of years, but the teachers are great. The previous principal was a much better administrator and ran the school more effectively than the current principal. Overall, a good choice for a public elementary school.

Posted January 21, 2009
My son goes to kindergarten this year in a special behavioural class. It's the best school for him in our area and I couldn't be happier with it!!

Posted August 26, 2008

Posted April 26, 2006
We love Ben Franklin! My daughter has been there 4 years now and my son just started this school year. We have had a great experience. The principal, teachers, staff members, parents and kids are great. I highly recommend this school!

Benjamin Franklin Elementary School
5206 Franklin St, Vancouver, WA  98663
Last modified Benjamin Franklin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benjamin Franklin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top