Bad
Good

All three of my kids have received exceptional education at River. My older two are now doing fabulously well at WWU and thank the wonderful teachers and experiences that they picked up there.

100% done with everything surrounding the IB program. I do not recommend it unless you want the teachers to already expect you to know everything without sufficient direction. Not pleased. Bad choice. That is all.

This school has been great so far! The IB program my daughter is involved in is wonderful. The school is more intimate and has a family feel. There are still plenty of opportunities for variety but it does not seem to be overwhelming to my student.

i love the school and love that the teacher are great with the kids. i would tell my friend to put there kids in this high school

My daughter is in the IB program, band and varsity sports, we also have an in coming freshmen. We have been VERY PLEASED with the size of the school, the teachers and just the over all feel of CRHS. We know that our children are getting a great education.!!!

LOVE ITT!! Teachers are great, students are great (no stupid drama), and a great learning experiance... although hard at times its never so much you cant handle it :)

Excellent school for motivated students. My IB sophomore loves it. CR has a variety of sports and clubs as well as high standard academics. There is no PTA but they seem to do fine without it. This is a traditional high school that is outstanding in terms of academic results. The schools in Vancouver are overall surprisingly good. From what I have heard next door in Portland the schools have serious problems.

For college bound students who enjoy the high school experience you won't find a better combination of high academic standards, competitive athletics, social activities, and dedicated staff. My third full IB diploma child will graduate this spring and I have no doubt will be well prepared for college. Between the three, they have participated in Band, Football, Soccer, Track, NHS, link crew, rally, IB and whatever the group we have found the faculty to be interested, caring and supportive; the parents are actively involved, and the kids are outstanding.

From Vancouver, nine of the ten National Merit Scholarship finalists for 2007 came from Columbia River High. I'm very happy with the academic level this school provided my son over the last four years.

Columbia River is a great school and if not the best, one of the best schools for advanced/challenging courses. I am a current student in the school. The IB program is a great place for students who are willing to do the extra work and from what I have heard, is a great preparation for college. However, less motivated students may find themselves struggling within the program. The Full IB option for students, beginning from the Junior year is a rigorous course and nearly the entire day at school is dedicated to IB course work. Less than 30 students, I believe take this option. Students can also choose to select a few IB classes with the others at the standard level. This is the most popular choice. The teachers are very helpful and personable. I would say all except a select few are very competent.

Last modified Columbia River High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.