Vancouver, WA

Posted October 06, 2015
My children have had an awful experience at Felida. From aids that bully students. To a criticizing, uncompationate, self entitled, principal. Unless you are a wealthy, white, stay at home mom. You will be an outcast at Felida. No warm welcomes from any of these arrogant families. There are very few nice, decent, normal families. The 5-10% middle class students are not treated very nicely by the students who openly talk about being "rich" Good morals and values are very scarce in this school. Along with manners. The principal Mrs. Janati lacks respect for students, staff and Parents. The lack of respect really reflects on the quality of the school. In previous years with the past principal the school was great. We purchased our house in Felida for the sole purpose of our children attending Felida. We have since moved them to a different school. If you want your child told they can not be themselves, bullied, not heard, and or targeted by staff because they don't fit in a tiny little box like the school would like. Then send your child to Felida. The teachers are great. But the overall way the school is run is awful. We were very disappointed. If the principal were to leave. The school would probably receive 3 more stars from me, right off the bat. -Concerned Parent

Felida Elementary School 2

Posted September 30, 2015
The teachers are WONDERFUL. However, the principal has an enormous amount of shortcomings. My son has been going to this school since kindergarten. The last two years he has wanted to change schools because of the principals lack of attention to bullying and because of her bullying/ intimidating the children herself. There is so much she has done that is unprofessional that I don't have the space to write it all. Keep in mind most of the parents at this school are wealthy and the moms are stay-at-home. I am a low income, single mom of a non-white child. We stand out and are looked down upon by the staff, with the exception of the teachers.

Felida Elementary School 4

Posted August 13, 2015
Friendly front office and friendly staff! We have had a wonderful experience at Felida elementary the last two years!

Posted May 16, 2014
I am so blessed to have my daughter go to Felida! Mrs. Hiebert is so patient and wonderful! I love all the teachers and staff. Thank you so much for taking such great care for my daughter! If you want your child to excel in life have them go to Felida!

Posted April 17, 2014
Felida is an outstanding school with loving, exceptional teachers and staff! I have been involved with the school for the past 3 months as a student teacher and I have felt completely included in this wonderful family.

Posted May 15, 2013
Felida elementary is a great school! The level of parental involvement is unprecidented. My children transferred in from Riverview this school year and I am impressed with the level of compassion and respect both Mrs. Williams and Mrs. Desormeaux have shown to my children.

Felida Elementary School 4

Posted June 16, 2012
Felida Elementary is a wonderful school. The parent community has one of the highest participation. Most of the teachers are top notch. There is at least one teacher (Pat Desormeaux) who should not be teaching. She treats her students with disrespect and you wonder why she is a tenured teacher. The Principal (Kris Janati) is at the par as the bad apple teacher. It is scary to know the kids have to deal with lack of quality. Even with the rotten teacher and principal I would still give this school top ratings. The parent involvement, quality of the other staff and teachers are so good they can outshine the bad. Our family feels luck to be in the school boundary.

Posted March 20, 2012
If you want your child to be told how to think, watch TV during school hours and be in a military-like environment, send them to Felida Elementary. How can you teach a child the importance of good eating habits when you only allow them 5-10 minutes to eat their lunch while listening to a teacher who yells in a microphone to "entertain" them! The principal is way too rigid and she showed me very little respect when I tried to address a few recurring problems I had with a teacher. I could go on with everything that I hated about that school but what really brought me to withdraw my children from Felida (after only 3 weeks of attendance!), was a security issue: my 1st grade daughter was missing one day when I went to pick her up at the curb as usual! It took 15 minutes to find her! The scariest part of it was that her teacher hadn't even noticed her absence until I went to ask her where my daughter was! Same thing happened with my 2nd grade daughter who ended up left alone waiting for me to pick her up at the curb after I had promptly left notices to both her teacher and the office to specify that she was going to an after-school activities that day. Enough said...

Posted December 05, 2011
Last year I would have given this school 5 stars. This year they have a new principal that I feel is not their for ALL the kids. In my opinion she helps some, but just doesnt want to deal with others. I have a child with an issue this year, and instead of being on his team and get through the situation, she just cast him out to another school, for them to "deal" with him. Apparently if your child has a learning disability, do not attend Felida with this Principal. Other than that, most of the teachers are pretty good - some better than others.

Posted November 12, 2010
I am a single parent. Luckily my ex and I communicate all of our childs activities to each other. I don't want him to miss out on anything. That said, I have found that the website is exceptional for keeping tabs on what is going on at the school. At least at this school they have someone web savvy enough to do so. The last school my child attended only updated their website yearly. You can also request to see your childs grade progress by asking for a login. Like one of the responses said, "it isn't the schools fault my daughter's parents couldn't live together anymore". Snobby? Possibly a little. And there is no room for that kind of attitude in a school. As far as I am concerned, as a taxpayer, they work for me and my child and their attitudes should be nothing more than helpful.

Felida Elementary School
2700 NW 119th St, Vancouver, WA  98685
Last modified Felida Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Felida Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top