Bad
Good

I would say that the HiCap program is great in education, but Truman does have some bullies. I have had a ghost/ spirit sighting but the staff is great!

I was nervous about sending my daughter here initially. The school (building) hasn't been updated since it's conception and the rating isn't great. I was completely misjudging it. The teachers are so involved. I had a concern about class sizes and the PRINCIPAL called me to talk about it. Every staff member is involved with the kids' education. They make every special accommodation in their power to make sure each student gets an education based on their needs. The challenge program is amazing. And the "self-management" philosophy produces children that are happy, respectful and eager to learn. My daughter is not always excited to try new things and she tells how much she loves school everyday. There are many opportunities for parent involvement, but I don't feel like they are breathing down your neck or constantly putting their hands out for more funds. Many people I know, who are now adults, practically squeal (including the men) when they find out that my daughter is going there. Score of 3 or not, the consensus is Truman is the BEST!

I am in the 10th grade and i went to Harry S Truman k-5 and I absolutely loved it. To this day I still use things I learned in Ms. Bates 4th grade class. We always had the most amazing assemblies, I still remember the song "I am a T". If I had the choice of going back in time and choosing a different school, I wouldn't. Sometimes I even wish i could go back in time and go to the Christmas open house. Over all Truman is an AMAZING school.

i DON NOT like truman because there are too many bullies. also, my daughter is in the drama program but she got a part with no lines and she says it is boring and that others think so too.

I have two children who started school there this year (2010-2011) and we were absolutely BLOWN AWAY by how different it is. The teachers are so involved and care very much about each student. The open classroom style is wonderful and has helped my 3rd and 4th graders to excel in each subject. The principle is warm and knowledgeable and the office staff are welcoming and very helpful. The FASTT math program in each class, dance, music, and art block, and their Self Management style of teaching separates this school from any other in the state. I can't recommend this school enough and I consider my family blessed to be a part of it.

Last modified Harry S Truman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.