Vancouver, WA

Hazel Dell Elementary School 1

Posted September 29, 2014
I am happy for the education my third grader is receiving, however my child in grade K is not having the best experience.

Posted October 27, 2013
Hazel Dell has made my children into well prepared middle school students. My daughter was so well prepared and is a shining star in her classes. Hazel Dell is what you make of it, just like any other school. If you have a negative, combative attitude and aren't in a position to hear advice about how to guide your student towards a path to success, then this isn't the school for you. It is what you make of it. Be open minded and positive and your child will thrive. The people are amazing and care deeply for their students. I have seen it many times, in all forms. Professional, dedicated, caring.....

Posted August 01, 2013
5 this is a excellent school i will keep my child there at all costs

Posted March 06, 2013
I am so pleased with the education my child is getting at Hazel Dell Elementary. The staff is amazing and treat the families and children with such respect. I am always greeted with a smile and feel as though I can go to them for any situation. The building is clean and the hot lunches are awesome! The teachers and the Principal go out of their way to assess each child and their needs, and then respond accordingly. Either to up the challenge or to slow down. I cant say enough great things!

Hazel Dell Elementary School 2

Posted September 18, 2012
This school based on MSP state testing falls well below average. Is has a ranking of 3 on a scale 1 to 10. For some reason lower income students have worse performance then kids with a higher income. I do not understand this. Is the school saying that kids with a lower income does not have the same ability to learn or are they picking and choosing who they teach. I see the community ratings on this page how ever it does not state the ratings of this school based on test scores based on the states expected requirement. I urge everyone to go to the state test scores based on other schools around us, income, ethnic group and any other information you can gather based on facts. At that point let the school leaders no how you really feel and get involved. We as parents must be the leaders of our children and the school we send them to. Any suggestions to make this school better please put your review on here or bring it to the school and school board. Our children deserve a great education.

Posted March 08, 2011
We attended this school for 3 years and have since moved out of the district. I must say that we miss it terribly! From the caring and always approachable teachers to the impressive involvement of the principle, this school is so welcoming and inclusive of all of it's student's. The parent friendly atmosphere combined with top notch supervision of the children always put my mind at ease, and I realize now that not every school has it as together as Hazel Dell. I appreciated the consistent and firm yet completely caring attitudes of the teachers - and their willingness to embrace each child's individuality. Thanks for taking such wonderful care of our children and we miss you Panthers!!

Hazel Dell Elementary School 2

Posted May 15, 2009

Hazel Dell Elementary School 0

Posted April 29, 2008
I am raising my grandson. I so beleive this is a very good school hazeldell elementary has a wide diversity in their students. The teachers are very concern for their student and do communicate to the parents which I like very much. When my kids were young they spent a year at this school now my grandson is going to hazeldell. He started with headstart there and now he is in third grade and doing well. Thank you for being here

Posted August 16, 2006
- a former student
I just finished elementary school and I ahve to say, this school takes the cake! I went here for 5 years and I recommend it to every adult with kids. Best school I've been to.

Posted May 19, 2006
Our child just completed Kindergarten at Hazel Dell. The teaching and administrative staff have been wonderful and the curriculum excellent. Our son loves school and his teacher, and can't wait to start 1st grade. He has performed well academically due to the way basic skills are taught. His teacher has communicated with us well and appears to treatsall of her students in a way that makes them feel special. The staff did a good job orienting us to the school and the way the curriculum is taught prior to the start of the school year. This is a great school.

Hazel Dell Elementary School
511 NE Anderson St, Vancouver, WA  98665
(360) 313-2050
Last modified Hazel Dell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hazel Dell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top