Posted November 05, 2014
Overall, I am fairly happy with Lake Shore. First grade was a bit rough. Our first grade teachers' favorite kids are of advanced learning. Those that are a LITTLE challenged are bullied. We felt very discourage by this teacher. Since then we have learned from 4 other sets of parents that we are not alone in that experience. We also found out that the principal at that time favored that teacher, so we did not go to him because we did not want our child to be on the radar. We have a new principal this year, so hopefully she will be open to coaching that teacher. Second grade was 100% better! We had the best teacher I have ever met in my life. The learning challenges our child has improved and reduced to almost non existent with the love, grace and positive guidance from this very special teacher. The office staff are nice and helpful. The community is warm and friendly. Had things continued as they were in first grade, they would have 1 star. BUT, the second grade experience far out weighs first grade so it is 4 stars.

Lake Shore Elementary School 5

Posted June 11, 2011
Lakeshore is a wonderful school! My first grader is already learning multiplcation and division! The PTA does fun family nights once a month which are awesome, and the teachers and staff really care about the kids and want them to succeed. My only complaint is the amount of sugary treats my son gets for doing well...:(

Posted March 08, 2010
As a grandparent, who has visited and spent time in a couple of classrooms, I am impressed with Lake Shore Elementary Staff and the direction of the school. I am very happy to have my grandchild at your school! Thank you all for your hard work towards our future!

Posted October 20, 2009
Very dedicated teachers whom utmost concerns are about the success of The Students in Lake Shore both academically and the children's welfare..

Posted July 14, 2008
I love this school! My family has had students there over the past 6 years. I think the snootiness mentioned came from the Challenge (gifted) program students, parents, and teacher. They're no longer at our school, and the rest of us are glad. Teachers are friendly and approachable.

Posted January 06, 2008

Posted September 23, 2007
The school is demanding and has high standards. The teachers are highly skilled. In particular, they do a wonderful job working with students with dramatically different home backgrounds. There are very wealthy kids at Lakeshore. There are also kids with families on public assistance at our school. The principal is very receptive to any feedback or suggestions. The parents are actually a little 'too' involved at this school. This probably relates to the other posts about snootiness. Although my husband and are both college graduates, we notice that most of the soccer moms' at this school believe their children are budding little Einsteins and need to be 'challenged' with more homework and extra projects. The only drawback I can see is the limited number of after school activities. Other schools in the district have after school activities. I am not sure why Lakeshore doesn't.

Posted September 05, 2007
Great school we have had no negative experiences with this school! m Shanaberger

Lake Shore Elementary School 2

Posted January 02, 2007
This is a great school if you dont mind a stuck up snooty staff. My child had been in the challenge program and decided he wanted to go to 'normal' school.We tried Lake Shore and found the staff to be stuck up rude and snotty. We felt very uncomfortable there and after 3 weeks my son asked to go to another school.

Lake Shore Elementary School 2

Posted May 16, 2006
- a former student

Lake Shore Elementary School
9300 NW 21st Ave, Vancouver, WA  98665
Last modified Lake Shore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Shore Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top