Posted August 08, 2014
Every student had an iPad and a new technology focused curriculum last year. It also has some very hard working teachers.

Posted April 19, 2014
Mac is a great school all things considered. Teachers care and work extra hard to take care of the students. It's more diverse than a lot of schools in the district which is a plus. It isn't full of spoiled rich kids like other near by private schools. Teachers and principals really care. I just wish more students and parents were proud of their neighborhood school and continued to grow community pride and involvement in this historic school.

Posted August 23, 2013
This school is one if the worst in the world. Teachers expect to respect them but they don't respect you. They NEVER help anyone. The dress code is ridiculous because McLaughlin is the only school in bad to have a dress code. The principles yell at you teachers say bad words and talk behind your back to other teachers. I think this school needs new principles and teachers or be shut down.

Posted July 23, 2011
I love this school. (: It is so awesome and great. The teachers a cool. My 6th grade math teacher, ms. Pappan is the BEST. I love you. Sincerely, Denisa Husic

Posted April 29, 2011
The previous Principal was excellent. The high-ranking comments from 2009 and before were because of his leadership, in my opinion. The current Principal is terrible. There are non-stop verbal fights between students using vulgarities I cannot repeat here, increasing in intensity because the problem isn't dealt with promptly. Eventually these verbal conflicts become physical altercations, not just between 2 students, but between gangs of friends (because it escalates to that extreme). This would have never happened with the previous administration. The kids fear for their safety and there is little supervision or protection. One security guard simply walked away when my student asked for help. When a girl called my daughter "Ugly," the counselor's response was, "Well have you looked in the mirror lately?" The Principal's way of dealing with the violent girl cliques is to create a new one called the "Sisterhood" Group. From what I understand, this group was established to get the bullies and their victims together to "work things out." It isn't working.

McLoughlin Middle School 2

Posted August 26, 2010
Mac is about test scores, nothing more. Every year, the teachers tell the students about how important the WASL is. Being able to pass a single test is a lousy indicator. (The DMV makes us all take a standardized test, too. How was your drive home from work today?) The teachers are fine for the most part, but the school policies are for the benefit of the administration, not the students.

Posted February 26, 2010
I feel that there is not enough supervision at this school. There are a lot of fights, and it isn't very safe. There are a lot of rough kids too. I will be trying to get my son into a different school for next year.

Posted September 03, 2009
I have been on the PTA every year for the last 3 years. I have gone to every parent meeting. I have volunteered for almost every function. However, I know that people on this many people who are criticizing the school have not been to a meeting, have not helped out at a family night. I also know from personally meeting with the Mr. Reeves that the test scores have gone up, discipline rates have gone down, and student moral & involvement has also increased. For the parent who thinks that mac attire is hard to handle. Think about it...Walmart $10.00 shirts compared to Nordstroms $50.00 t shirts. Does your child really need clothes that can cost the same as a electric bill or the garbage bill. I know for a fact the PTA even gave Mr. Reeves money to help students get at least 1 or 2 shirts that wearable.

McLoughlin Middle School 3

Posted August 17, 2009
I Hate Mac attire. its stupid and there is no need for it, it does nothing. other than that its okay?

McLoughlin Middle School 0

Posted December 17, 2008
This school is awesome! :) all these reviews are nothing like the actual school! i guess you will just have to come here to find out! mr mccoy and mr six rock!

McLoughlin Middle School
5802 MacArthur Blvd, Vancouver, WA  98661
Last modified McLoughlin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
McLoughlin Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top