Vancouver, WA

Salmon Creek Elementary School 1

Posted December 29, 2013
So disappointed. The teachers are rude and don't allow you to have a voice or opinion. I can't believe this community would give them 3 stars. I had my child there for 3 years and then finally moved to a different school. Thank goodness ! My child is doing awesome now ! I should have listened to my gut . There was no support for my child who needed help with math. I was told he needed special ed for it was there only math program. Why would you put a child in special ed just for math needs ? The only thing the past 2 teachers could talk about was that they had too many kids and how they couldn't handle the volume of students . Hmm so let's put kids in special ed to help the volume of students . Makes me sick!

Posted December 19, 2013
I once was a student at this school for five years and I have to say this was beyond better then what I had at walnut grove elementary school. The teachers her are wonderful. Except for mrs.perry she is a 5th grade teacher and she will make you think this school is bad. The reviews you have problem read about this school were problem not good but parents are not the ones going to school it is the kid and as a past student I do have to day even though there ate about a handful of teachers that may not be nice those are the teachers who push you kids harder to successes and helped be become a 4.0 student in middle school. Thus is such a great school and they have so much to offer with their awesome PTA that helps out with school events. This is a good school!

Salmon Creek Elementary School 1

Posted November 13, 2013
I'm extremely disappointed in this school! 2 of the rudest unprofessional teachers I have ever met are there. I removed my son whom they said was "autistic". I didn't know they had a PHD to diagnose children. Come to find out (which I already knew) he is very smart. Top of his class. His new school loves him and are also disappointed for how salmon creek staff treated him. I wish I could take back having my child in there care of teaching....p.s the principal was aware and did nothing!

Posted February 19, 2010

Salmon Creek Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
My 2 sons attend Salmon Creek and although the staff are friendly I have been greatly dissapointed with the commitment to helping my oldest son who needs a little extra one on one attention. The plans agreed to in our parent teacher conferences were never put in place and teachers say they are too busy to help students with individual needs. I had heard that this was an excellent school but I have been nothing but dissapointed in nearly every aspect of my childs educational experience. I look foward to our upcoming relocation and would suggest that parents think long and hard about sending their children to this school if they need any extra help and I am not talking about children with special needs just kids that need a little help with direction and focus.

Salmon Creek Elementary School 4

Posted January 06, 2009
I have had three children in this school and I have other children whom I am able to compare this with. We recently had to transfer due to a move and my youngest two went into a deep despair mode. They missed their friends, the teachers and how their structure was so much more involved with their independent needs. I had to transfer them back and thankfully they are back to normal, even though the drive is way out of my way, it is still worth it. I agree that there are some teachers who shouldn't be around children and I certainly have had my share of teachers conferences. If I feel that their teacher is counter productive to their needs, I move them to someone else and the school has been very accommodating to this. However, the new Principal has been less than talkative and doesn't seem very friendly.

Salmon Creek Elementary School 2

Posted September 29, 2008
we are new to this school. my son is in the 1st grade. we came from a near by elementry school. i am very disappointed for i had been told this was a great school. the teacher that my son has seems to be unemotionally detached and not super invested. what a bummer!my son's kinder gaten teacher last year was sooo wonderful. i guess we got spoiled. anyhow, the office staff fairly friendly but seem to be a little dis-organized at first.

Salmon Creek Elementary School 4

Posted July 18, 2008

Salmon Creek Elementary School 2

Posted July 11, 2008
I agree that Salmon Creek Elementary has a lot to offer through outside activities and they encourage the parents to be part of their son or daughter's education. There are still really good teachers left despite the past couple of years. However, with the Administration changes I have been greatly disappointed. They are not willing to work with the parents if the student does not fit 'the norm.' Although I have two children attending, I'm looking to place them into another school.

Posted April 22, 2008
My family loves Salmon Creek. There have been so many fun activities for parents and children to do together, as well as many ways for parents to be more involved. This school has more parent involvement with their childrens education than I have ever heard of. We have 2 daughters who attend and they both love the teachers, counselors and principle. My oldest had some reading problems and was instantly helped, but they did not deprive her of any classroom time. She was 10 lvls behind in her reading as of the begining of the school year, but she is now at the same lvl. with the rest of her class! My youngest has some health issues and her teacher and the office staff have been very supportive and caring towards her. This is an excellent school!!!

Salmon Creek Elementary School
1601 NE 129th St, Vancouver, WA  98685
Last modified Salmon Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Salmon Creek Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top