Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted February 26, 2016
Homework is a packet a week. Which is good for 2nd grade. Keeps my child with just enough work.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted February 26, 2016
The only thing they are persistent about is letting me know how "bad my child is"

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted February 26, 2016
Absolutely not. If you are an average student you will succeed there. If they label you & single you out, they don't respect you.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted February 26, 2016
I can only say for the past years they haven't been to caring. My child came home (after refusing to do his work) my teacher said she doesn't care if I don't do my work. So I'm not going to do it.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 26, 2016
I have watched thru the years how my child has been singled out in every class.

Salmon Creek Elementary School 5

Posted August 20, 2015
I went there when I was in kindergarten/first grade and I'm now in 8th grade and I'm happy to say that out of my 4 elementary schools this was one of the best schools I have been to.

Salmon Creek Elementary School 1

Posted December 29, 2013
So disappointed. The teachers are rude and don't allow you to have a voice or opinion. I can't believe this community would give them 3 stars. I had my child there for 3 years and then finally moved to a different school. Thank goodness ! My child is doing awesome now ! I should have listened to my gut . There was no support for my child who needed help with math. I was told he needed special ed for it was there only math program. Why would you put a child in special ed just for math needs ? The only thing the past 2 teachers could talk about was that they had too many kids and how they couldn't handle the volume of students . Hmm so let's put kids in special ed to help the volume of students . Makes me sick!

Salmon Creek Elementary School 5

Posted December 19, 2013
I once was a student at this school for five years and I have to say this was beyond better then what I had at walnut grove elementary school. The teachers her are wonderful. Except for mrs.perry she is a 5th grade teacher and she will make you think this school is bad. The reviews you have problem read about this school were problem not good but parents are not the ones going to school it is the kid and as a past student I do have to day even though there ate about a handful of teachers that may not be nice those are the teachers who push you kids harder to successes and helped be become a 4.0 student in middle school. Thus is such a great school and they have so much to offer with their awesome PTA that helps out with school events. This is a good school!

Salmon Creek Elementary School 1

Posted November 13, 2013
I'm extremely disappointed in this school! 2 of the rudest unprofessional teachers I have ever met are there. I removed my son whom they said was "autistic". I didn't know they had a PHD to diagnose children. Come to find out (which I already knew) he is very smart. Top of his class. His new school loves him and are also disappointed for how salmon creek staff treated him. I wish I could take back having my child in there care of teaching....p.s the principal was aware and did nothing!

Posted September 17, 2009
My 2 sons attend Salmon Creek and although the staff are friendly I have been greatly dissapointed with the commitment to helping my oldest son who needs a little extra one on one attention. The plans agreed to in our parent teacher conferences were never put in place and teachers say they are too busy to help students with individual needs. I had heard that this was an excellent school but I have been nothing but dissapointed in nearly every aspect of my childs educational experience. I look foward to our upcoming relocation and would suggest that parents think long and hard about sending their children to this school if they need any extra help and I am not talking about children with special needs just kids that need a little help with direction and focus.

1601 NE 129th St, Vancouver, WA  98685
Last modified Salmon Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.