Posted January 31, 2014
My school is Gaiser middle school I really want to go to vsaa because I love sports and singing and dancing

Posted June 10, 2013
Great school but flawed entrance process. School is filled with top students so test scores reflect. School has about 75% female to 25% male. Entrance should be based on scholastic achievement to get into a lottery based versus hand picked by the principal. Example have a minimum criteria then take the pool of applicants that meet the criteria and have a lottery system. I had a daughter miss an entrance and helped a neighbor get there daughter into VSAA. I also requested entrance info that the principal should post publicly but you have to ask. This info contains elementary schools in the VSD and how many children applied and were accepted. These numbers are very powerful and are available only on request.

Posted May 13, 2013
to the weirdo who gave this one star, they pick by grades and then by available spots. they dont have sports, but they can compete for any school in the distirct if they want to do sports, so yeah. great school.

Posted February 23, 2013
this is for the person who says i dont believe this school should be aloud to"rate children" why are you rating this school! you obviously haven't been to this school beforethis is my first year here and i absoloutly love it we exept every body and we're aloud to be ourselves around anybody and maybe its because of this thatwe have some of the best teachers and test scores in the whole district we love and exept everybody but i do feel bad for the children whos spot was taken by someonewithout a passion for the arts but this school isn't intended to create the next wave of artists its indended to broaden the learning of children and to create understanding and respect for diffrent cultures and music and art so its not about talent its more about passion for trying new things and wanting to learn more about the arts and ist because of this schoolthat i have a music scholarship for orchestra ths school is the best thing that happened to me

Vancouver School of Arts and Academics 1

Posted April 14, 2012
Its a sham. I don't believe this school should be allowed to rate children. Lots of very dissapointed children , which I understand is how life is... But most the of the children that we know who made it in dont even care fir the arts. Infact, one of them complained because he was being "made" to go by his parents & they have no sports!! Where as my neighbors child who loves the arts couldnt get in. I dont know how they pick and choose their students, but it deffinetely isnt based on passion for arts or even talent. Its ridiculous! Anyone who recommends this school is a parent whos kid "got in" for "who knows" what reason? Sorry but I really do think it should be based on "talent" to get in. As for the neighbor boy...I feel AWFUL for him. :( Hes not interested in the arts...he wants sports... but his parents are forcing him to go. Very well played VSAA. I love how you "seem" to know who fits in your school & who doesnt. Bravo!

Posted December 06, 2011
I have gone to VSAA for 2 year. i used to be bullied and picked on because i was a dancer. VSAA is a whole different environment. they welcome everyone no matter who you are. For me getting here is one of the best things that ever happened to me.

Posted February 10, 2011
VSAA has proven to be the most amazing place for my child. For the first time he really fits in and loves learning. The integrated curriculum is a huge factor in this. He has been challenged to do things outside of his comfort zone and come out more confident . The staff really cares about the kids and work above and beyond to make sure every child, regardless of their learning style, has a chance to succeed. I would suggest this school but caution that the child needs to have a unique passion for the arts. It is not dependent on talent but passion. I also love how involved the parents are. This school has a very clear sense of community. I would imagine it is an ideal model for other schools to follow.

Vancouver School of Arts and Academics 4

Posted September 17, 2010
This is a wonderful school. Art emphasis is beautiful to see in action and test scores prove the effectiveness of the art integrated education. However, there is only one counselor for over 500 children. She does her best but it is not enough and this causes people who transfer in and those going on to college to have trouble with credits. The lack of any sports program is also an issue. No sports at all, nada. Dance is great but its not sports. The girl to boy ratio is high, up to 4 girls to 1 boy. Sometimes this is fine, other times it is not balanced. Ethnic diversity is minimal but it is Vancouver WA after all. Mr. Carr and Mr. Freeman are awesome.

Vancouver School of Arts and Academics 0

Posted April 24, 2010
I love this school because it teaches students to appreciate the arts as well as academics.

Vancouver School of Arts and Academics 0

Posted April 21, 2010
Because the arts are an integral part of our growth as individuals and as a culture. Here they excell at the arts!

Vancouver School of Arts and Academics
3101 Main St, Vancouver, WA  98663
Last modified Vancouver School of Arts and Academics is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vancouver School of Arts and Academics Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top