Vancouver, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 20, 2014
I have 4 kids that attend St. Joseph school. My kids love it there. It not only prepares them academically, but spiritually as well. My kids are challenged there. They have teachers that care about them. I think it is a wonderful community! The changes they made in our middle school are excellent! Go cardinals!!!

Posted September 28, 2014
I cannot say how much my family appreciates the education our daughter has received at St. Joe's. Due to the rising cost of a private education and living next to the highest rated public elementary school in our area, we decided to switch from St. Joe's to our neighborhood school. After 3 weeks, we decided that the best public school was no comparision to St. Joe's. From Kindergarten through the 4th grade she has loved going to school and has had dedicated teachers that reflect and support the values I want my daughter to have as she grows up. St. Joe's provides high acedemic standards with an emphasis on student responsibilty and discipline. In the age of electronics, I find my daughter and her friends focusing on age appropriate activities and not trying to grow up too fast. These formative years cannot be replaced and having experienced two sides of our education system, there is no question to me where the better education evironment is. With smaller class sizes, a challenging curriculum, and wonderful families to share the experience with, I would encourage any family, Catholic or not, looking for a private education to consider St. Joseph Catholic School.

St. Joseph Catholic School 2

Posted July 01, 2014
This school is seriously falling apart. They are losing many students and teachers and are combining the 6th,7th, and 8th grade students together. In the past they have had the sixth graders separated from the seventh and eighth graders. I am truly disappointed to see the students go through this due to the fault of the faculty. They are laying off some of the best teachers due to this tragedy. I do not understand how all of this happened but all I know is that this school will eventually fall like Pompeii.

Posted November 26, 2013
I love the teachers at this school and all of the admin. Hard school? Yes. It is a Catholic School and it is supposed to be. Lots of homework? Yes. I know some parents have a huge sense of entitlement because we pay tuition, but cut these teachers some slack! So 6th grade is hard. Think of the lessons on responsibility that your kids are going to walk away with. Some parents will just never be happy unless they straight up get to tell the principal how to do her job....and she jumps through flaming hoops to show her appreciation for their money. Thank you St. Joe's for teaching my child responsibility and to give back to others.

St. Joseph Catholic School 3

Posted June 25, 2013
It is quite painful for me to say this, but St. Josephs is in decline over the past few years. We have 3 children who spent a total of 15 years attending St. Josephs. The last few years were sad to watch, as the Principal Mrs Harrison, alienated so many good teachers they either quit, went elsewhere, or retired. The attitude towards customer service from the leadership, is completely lacking. The Physical Education teacher (Ms. Jayne), is a train wreck, who often finds a way to make PE painful for the kids, and cant seem to go a single week without kicking kids out of class. Hundreds of parents have complained to the Principal about Ms. Jayne, but it has fallen on deaf years. If your kids go here, trust me you will see this for yourself. The teachers in the 7th and 8th grade classes, are top notch and do a wonderful job preparing kids for high school. Most parents have found that the 6th grade teachers (Pech and Wilder), do not work well together, and their teaching and organizational skills leave a lot to be desired (I have heard several parents complain that their kids grades plummeted under these two in 6th grade, and at least one almost failed the 6th grade completely).

Posted January 29, 2013
St. Joe's is a wonderful school. My daughter has been going here for almost 3 years now and it has been just wonderful. Everyone is so helpful and strive for the well-being of the child. I would not even think of sending her anywhere else. Good Job!

Posted July 25, 2012
We love St. Joseph's! Both of my children have graduated from this wonderful K-8 school well-prepared for high school and beyond. Both of my kids were placed on the honors track in high school and I attribute this to the great education they received at St. Joseph's. The teachers and administration are caring, helpful and supportive.

St. Joseph Catholic School 1

Posted May 01, 2012
i had a 6th grade boy that went here. we moved him to public school and he was WAY ahead than he ever was at a st joe's advanced class. they give your kid hmwk that they never did teach, and then they skip RIGHT over it. the school is also religiously strict. i know its a religious school, but if you even ASK to go to the bathroom during adoration, or to sit down if your not feeling good during the same thing, you get in trouble.

St. Joseph Catholic School 2

Posted May 01, 2012
Another unhappy family. We are moving our child to a public school in Fischers Landing. St. Joe is an average school. Our child comes home with homework that the school hasn't taught!? At the parent teachers conference, the teacher stated this and told the parents that this will happen. So, I find myself spending an hour every evening doing the teacher's job for them. Parking is not good at the school and they release students at 2 on wed and if your 10 minutes late they charge you $25. I wish them the best.

St. Joseph Catholic School 1

Posted June 07, 2011
If your child has ANY sort of medical condition, this is not your school. Your child's well-being and safety is of little importance to this school and staff. Our child was left to suffer through a moderate asthma attack even though her teacher and office staff had her medication. After being unable to locate the paperwork pertaining to our child's medication, they simply sent her to class to suffer through the remainder of the day. No phone call or email to parents, no nothing. Just let a child suffer. We attempted to ensure this would never happen again but the school defended it's position in not calling. The Priest defended it. The Principal defended it. The Office Staff defended it. To let a child suffer. Think twice, think three times and then think again before enrolling.

St. Joseph Catholic School
6500 Highland Drive, Vancouver, WA  98661
Last modified St. Joseph Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Joseph Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top