No rating

Our Lady of Lourdes School

Private | PK-8 | 270 students

Our Lady of Lourdes School is best known for it's sense of family & community

Living in Vancouver

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $138,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $790.

Posted April 18, 2014

Our family is pleased to be part of the OLL community for seven years. Our children have friends to attend school and church with as they are being raised to be Christ centered citizens. The children are learning more than books, how to be stewards of God's creations and helpers to those around them. The emphasis on service means OLL kids step up to volunteer and lead. All the pieces for educating a well-rounded child (Art, Music, Math, Spanish, Service and Religion) are at OLL.

Posted April 18, 2014

My kids have gone to Lourdes for two years now and I could not be happier with the overall experience. The staff, parents and kids have embraced our family as a member of the community since we first started attending mass there. The staff is quick to praise students and also quick to resolve issues with complete involvement of the parents and kids. From the first time we went to the open house I was blown away by the maturity of the older kids as they ran tours. I know by the time by kids graduate they will be active contributors to the community. I would recommend OLL to anyone looking for a faith based school to send their kids.

Posted April 17, 2014

My kids have attended Lourdes for the last 7 years. Our experience is that the culture of the school is one of inclusion, community, respect and academic achievement. Teachers and staff are highly motivated and supportive of the children and parents are productively involved. I am thankful to be a part of this quality group of parents, children, teachers and staff.

Posted April 16, 2014

Our Lady of Lourdes is an excellent school. All the staff at Lourdes work hard to create the best, faith-filled environment possible for all the students. The teachers and principal have spent a lot of time on the math program, ensuring that there are no gaps in the curriculum and that students are placed at the level that is most appropriate for them. Many of our students go on to advanced classes in high school. This is true with all our subject areas. We also strive to provide support for students needing extra help in reading, writing and math. We have many happy students and satisfied parents and invite anyone who is interested to come and visit.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 16, 2014

Our Lady of Lourdes is an excellent school! We do not have money to just throw around and we are not particularly interested in trying to impress people by sending our children to a private school. We do however, want our children to receive an excellent Christ-centered education -- which I'm happy to say they are. Lourdes also provides an outstanding Spanish program with two wonderful teachers. Students begin in Pre-K and go all the way through 8th. They get to participate in several Spanish celebrations throughout the year to learn more about the culture. There is a lot of diversity at OLL, which enriches the school culture even more. Parent participation is very high which is fantastic! The teachers and staff are loving and caring. The principle pays attention to all aspects of the school and is proactive in getting things done and improving anything she sees that needs attention. She is always open to speaking to parents who have questions or concerns. The students are polite, well-mannered and treat each other with respect. If you send your children to Lourdes it will be a decision you will never regret!

Posted March 7, 2014

Worst private school in Vancouver. I had my kids at this school for 6 years. They have a serious bullying problem that has been going on for years. Education is average. My daughter tested below grade level in math when we transferred to another private school, I had no idea she was that far behind. Religion was not even a subject for my 5th grader. Save your money and child, choose any other school but Lourdes!

Posted September 11, 2013

Our Lady of Lourdes provides excellent Christ-centered education. The teachers truly care about the students and the education they are providing. The entire staff is caring and the principle is excellent. She is always willing to listen to concerns of parents and works hard to make improvements wherever they are needed. If you are looking for a great Christian education, a welcoming school community and people who genuinely care about your children then Lourdes is the perfect choice.

Posted August 5, 2013

We have been here for 6 years! Positive loving environment. Principal is awesome and the staff gives it their best every day. Great emphasis on spiritual growth and development!!

Posted August 1, 2013

Our Lady of Lourdes School is awesome! The school community has a friendly, family feeling and the principal and teachers are very dedicated to the well-being of each and every student. Academic excellence, faith formation and service are top priorities here. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted August 1, 2013

I think this school does an amazing job educating the whole student. Faith, family and service are the top three priorities here - high academic standards are just an added bonus!

Posted October 1, 2012

Our son just started kindergarten at OLL this year and we have been pleased so far. Great communication from teacher and school. My son enjoys all the activities offered - spanish, music, pe and computer. Kids are moved into groups that correspond with their learning level so they are constantly challenged. Highly recommend OLL.

Posted May 29, 2012

We've had our children at Our Lady of Lourdes for 7 years with our oldest moving on into high school next year. We have been more than pleased with the quality of education that Lourdes has provided so far for all of our children. Our oldest will be skipping a few freshman classes next year because she has already taken them at Lourdes (from what I understand, this is pretty common for Lourdes). The pastor is wonderful and is often at the front door of the school welcoming the kids and parents in the morning (adding to the already warm and inviting environment). Also,the teachers and principle are very responsive to the children's needs and parent's concerns, with the lines of communication always open. We always recommend Our Lady of Lourdes School!

Posted May 19, 2012

We transferred to Lourdes when my 1st child was in 1st grade. Coming from another school system, we were pleased with the quality of the education and ability to respond to my child that was reading well above grade level. We have been in the school long enough to experience all grade levels with my children, and we are still pleased with their education. My 8th grader is completing high school geometry this year. My children score very well in standardized test, which demonstrates external validity. If you are active in the school (even a full time parent such as I) you see the sense of community and core values that the school instills. The new principal is making positive changes this year and I look forward to more improvements next year.

Posted July 20, 2011

Dreadful experience. This school has significant operational and staffing issues. The administration and staff are unprofessional and unresponsive to parental concerns. The atmosphere is cold and insensitive. Couldnt be farther from the Christian learning experience we were looking for.

Posted April 11, 2011

I love this school. My kid is an early reader and her teacher immediately put her into an advance class to make sure she's being challenged. There are 3 hot lunches available now...thanks to the effort of the Principal and the School Commission. I love volunteering at this school too, as they make us feel we are all a family. My kid is not only learning about good values fundamentally but also in practice. In fact, she is very empathic towards other people at such a young age.

Posted December 25, 2010

I went there for 7 years and all I can sum up is this is an insensitve human facility that resembles a gulag or a prison gated completely around like the Berlin Wall. Thumbs down. Staff sent me to the office, no special services or counciling, thumbs way down.

Posted April 8, 2008

I have 3 children attending Our Lady of Lourdes, 4th, 3rd and preschool. We have an amazing Principal, Mr. Brian Anderson and Priest, Father Michael that are very involved in the life of the school. It is so nice to be greeted by them each morning. The teachers are very accessible and are not just great teachers but are caring and disciplined individuals. If you are having an issue with a teacher, I feel my voice has been heard. We have a very active parent's club and amazing parents that support the school. OLL offers great opportunities to volunteer for stay home and working parent(s). The kids are learning Spanish in preschool, 1 day of hot lunch, an art literacy program, CYO sports, music and private music lessons. I have been very happy with problem solving techniques, and in keeping our kids safe. Thanks, Alisa Rakoz

Posted May 28, 2007

I am first year parent of Kindergarten student: Quality: Good to Excellent. Spanish and Japanese is taught in Kindergarten. My daughter is reading well (the newspaper!). Extracurricular activities: There is a once a week art class, the children have weekly music, and there is sports available for the older children. I just found out there is a Girl Scouts group that meets twice monthly. Parental involvement: excellent. Single parents are required to volunteer 10 hours per year, others are required to volunteer 25 hours per year per family. The parents club meets once a week during the weekday, working parents must miss or take time off work. My daughter qualified for Challenge Program in Vancouver School District, we are struggling w/decision of enrolling her in the challenge program or at remaining here at OLL. I have heard that the first grade teacher is excellent (teaching here for 31 years). Love the uniforms.

Posted November 8, 2005

The teachers here for the most part truly care about the kids that attend. There are a few teachers that most definitely leave something to be desired. Many of the best teachers from this school no longer teach here. There are a wide variety of sports available, art classes, a tutor, music classes, good middle school electives, and some foreign language available. There is always a big opportunity for parents to be involved with the school.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 11, 2005

The quality of academic programs vary by grade. The elementary school is very good, with emphasis in developing writing skills, presentation skills, and working on the computer. The students are introduced to Spanish starting in kindergarten. Students participate in CYO for sports, good parent involvement, not much of a music program (no band) but music teachers for piano, violin and drums are available after and during school for a fee.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 7%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Computer specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Fully Accredited by WCEA (2009)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:15 am
School end time
  • 3:05 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Dr. Diane Cronin
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (360) 696-6700

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accredited Catholic School
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Library
  • Music room
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Fulcrum Foundation

Media arts
  • Technical design and production
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Boy scouts
  • Community service
  • Girl scouts
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What does it cost?

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
School-based aid

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Catholic High School