No rating

Kings Way Christian Schools

Private | PK-12 | 911 students

KWCS is best known for its sense of community, vibrant growth and athletics.

Living in Vancouver

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $171,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $830.

Posted June 14, 2014

I am giving this school a generous average of 3 stars. We have attended King's Way for 8 very long years. Most of the teachers love theses kids with their whole hearts and really know them by the end of year. The school is struggling with some major growing pains. Middle school is not immune. The administration hired unqualified teachers that could not manage the kids and therefore created a turnover rate similar to fast food. There is also the pure fact that there is zero communication until it is absolutely necessary. I would say if you are bent on private school, start when they are young and then leave after elementary. Dont waste time, money, or energy on the middle school or above.

Posted June 3, 2014

Kings Way has had unusually high staff turnover this year. Over half of my child's teachers we're let go or left. Now they have terminated someone else. The school academically is not challenging. The students are allowed bully and tease others (not very Christian like). This school was very disappointing in all aspects. Public schools offer more challenging classes, diversity and staff consistency!

Posted May 16, 2014

Horrible school for my young kindergartner ! They do not have enough supervision on the students that are bad.The school needs more teachers supervising the children in the lunch room and on the recess. The children didn't have enough time to eat and the kids that are bad ran the cafeteria! The children's recess was horrible while the two so-called teachers watching the kids talked to each other while children were misbehaving. I just regret not coming sooner to see how they run things. My child does not want to return next year and I don't blame him. I would not recommend this school!

Posted May 9, 2014

We have been at King's Way for years and love the school. The teachers are amazing and kind and they really care about what is best for the students. It's like a big family, and we support the superintendent of the past 2 years and the direction he is leading the school with integrity and godly wisdom. Our children have thrived but unfortunately we may pull our children from the school because of the church and lack of wise leadership. We know a former church employee who told us things about church leadership that we can't even mention here, it's that bad. We talked with teachers to get more information and they said the same thing about the church but some would not go into detail because they want to keep their jobs. Most of the teachers do not even attend that church because of what they know. I am a Christian, and I want my children to be in a place where they feel safe and where I know they are safe. I trust the teachers and administrators. But I do not trust that particular church. If this is a place where teachers work in fear under a dark cloud of the church, then I am not convinced that it is healthy for me or for my children. Looking for another local Christian school...

Posted March 20, 2014

My colleagues and I agree that this school is a great place to work and a great school for our own children. It's had setbacks like all organizations do but things were really starting to turn around when they hired the new Superintendent. Now we are uneasy about everything moving forward.

Posted March 16, 2014

My fellow teachers and I agree that our teaching staff is getting stronger at all grade levels. Our middle school has experienced some challenging times, but from what parents and students have told us, those teachers that are gone in the middle of the school year were not a good fit and did not respond well to parent concerns. Many of us on the teaching staff are happy with the changes in the faculty (but I think it could've gone better). There is a good reason why those teachers are no longer at King's Way, and common sense tells us why and, as a teacher, it is insulting when people make uninformed comments because great teachers are still at our school. We are not a perfect school but we are making so many improvements with our leadership team and change does not happen overnight. Our teaching team is happy to be at King's Way because we believe in our superintendent and principals because we are moving in the right direction spiritually and with academics and they listen to our hearts. What I hope is that we can all be on the same team and support one another the way Jesus wants us to.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 13, 2014

So sad that this school has problems. Not small but BIG! What is sad is good teachers are leaving. What do you do as a parent my kids have friends there and the parents are great people who want the best for the kids.

Posted March 12, 2014

We have had a student at King's Way for a long, long time. Great elementary, Middle school was ok. Some of best teachers gone now. Why? High school, good caring teachers. Administration lacks work ethic, professionalism, and some show lack of interest in students. but plenty of arrogance. Why the church leaders have allowed this for years is amazing? I find it sad that christian leaders allow christian employees to walk all over them and the people that are paying them. Accountability? Back bone? No annual "State of School" meeting has been offered by leaders for years. I wonder why? This year high school is educationally great. How about an open house, or advertisements for students, I have never seen a nice flyer produced about the school, fees, tuition, classes, etc. Why is attendance not going up in high school with those teachers and facilities? I wish it was.

Posted March 10, 2014

Our kids absolutely love it at King's Way! We have had nothing but positive interactions with the leadership and staff. The Superintendent has been so encouraging as we have had to walk through some learning issues with our child. The academic support team has been amazing.

Posted March 9, 2014

I have a daughter in the middle school, and she loves King's Way. She has good friends at the school that love and accept her. The principal and superintendent have been very supportive, and we believe the school is in the right direction. We were shocked by a handful of parents that have harrassed us over their personal issues and tried to pull us in a direction that we felt was not God-honoring. If these are the families that are leaving, then it's probably best for both them and the school. The way we were treated by those parents was not Christian. I am glad that the administrators stand up for what is right. We are excited about our daughter's future at King's Way.

Posted March 3, 2014

Elem is great, but after that it's a huge down hill ride. Teachers being let go mid year. Teachers without teaching degrees or classroom management skills, church side not holding administration accountable and parents not having a voice. Folks, you can get all this in the public schools for free, don't bother paying for it at KW. Enrollment is down in the HS and next years numbers will show the disfunction of the new administration. My kids have been there for 9 years, and we are gone after this year. Just because the word "Christian" is in the school name, don't assume it flows around the entire building. Think twice before sending your kids here, ask around, get a handful of perspectives, look beyond the elem side. HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT and a lot of money that could have been put into our college accounts. Good luck.

Posted January 28, 2014

We've been at Kings Way for 6 years, wonderful teachers, friendly & supportive atmosphere, kids thriving, not perfect but well worth it!

Posted January 8, 2014

I pulled my daughter out for extreme bulling !!!!! I might add she is in the full day kindergarten..... They did NOTHING about it!!!! I am a very well read Christian and I am telling you they do NOT teach Christian behavior. The best thing I have ever done in mylife was taking my child out of kings way!!!!! I believe in my heart that this school is only about money.... Best of luck finding a school for your child. God Bless

Posted December 12, 2013

King's Way is an amazing school. This year Middle School is starting a Student Government. They are planning a lot more student activities . The teachers are great. They help students learn more about the school standards, but more importantly about morals and how to be a good example. The leadership has been amazing, they have made new decisions that are best for the students growth. I love King's Way not only because of their education, but also because of the athletics program. The coaches provide time for your child to understand the sport and exceed in it. I love King's Way and everything about them. One Way His Way, Always King's Way.

Posted December 12, 2013

I asked my daughter what her favorite things about King's Way are and this is what she had to say. The school has a yummy and healthy lunch program. :-) The teachers have a caring classroom environment in the high school and really care about the students. They are always available to help students even after hours or at lunch time. The technology teacher is amazing! The sports program is good and the coaches want to win but it's more about building character and friendships with each other and the community. The vibe from the student body and staff is they are welcoming and encouraging to newcomers. The HIgh School Principal and staff have made this transition to a new school awesome! We are very pleased with King's Way! GO KNIGHTS!

Posted November 21, 2013

We have two children that have been at Kings Way since they were 22 months old. Currently they are in Pre-school and Kindergarten. We absolutely love the school, administration and curriculum. Academically our children are leaps and bounds above their peers at other schools. Any time we have had any concerns they were immediately addressed and resolved to our satisfaction. The teachers make bible lessons fun and I find our children have gained an extensive knowledge of the bible through the school year. I find the other parents to be very involved in the classroom and the school provides many opportunities for families to get to know each other through bible studies for moms, family nights on Fridays, volunteering in the classrooms or the Watch DOGS (Dads of Great Students) program to keep the school safe and secure. I really am surprised by some of the recent comments. I have never heard any parent complain about any of the things mentioned in the parent reviews. I would recommend the school to all of my friends and family!

Posted November 5, 2013

One may think a small private Christian school is the way to go. Save your money. Pulling my two kids after this year. We've been there since pre-school.. The new administration is a joke. They do not address the real issues. Communication??? What's that? Follow through?? Not with this team. If you want the run around with getting answers this is the school for you. Check the credentials of some of the new hires. Inflated and misleading. I am very sad the church has decided to spend the money on the high school as enrollment is down this year and heading in the wrong direction with their leadership. Most of the elementary teachers and some of the middle and high school teacher are good, but that is not enough to keep us there. If you are considering KW dig a little deeper than the surface. By the time they figure out new leadership is a joke many will be gone. Good luck..

Posted September 13, 2013

We used to be so proud to have our children attend King's Way and would tell everyone we knew what an extraordinary school it was. It pains is beyond words to say that this once illustrious Christian school now seems little better than a public school and that after much deliberation and rumination our children are not returning this year. While there are still some great staff and teachers, the school has declined overall to the extent that we would now discourage any friends of ours from church or elsewhere from considering King's Way.

Posted June 26, 2013

Very dissatisfied with recent interactions with administration via learning center side. Erroneous fees throughout the school year, without clear and concise reasoning. When asked for specifics, they do nothing but throw basic and generalized answers at you. While very saddened that we won't be blessed with the loving and caring teachers the learning center does have, I am both dismayed and SHOCKED at the number of students not moving on to kindergarten. Kingsway use to be an elite school, now it has turned into nothing but a money hungry institution.

Posted May 14, 2013

I just don't get these recent posts. My kids love King's Way, and one of them was targeted, bullied, harassed, and even hit by one particular classmate. So we did our part as parents and informed school leadership, and they took quick action and held the student accountable for his/her action. Our friends who are also King's Way parents believe their children are safe. The administrators also have their children at King's Way so it's hard to believe they would tolerate bullying. Not buying it. My children's friends and their parents think the teachers and administrators are doing a great job. It's sad that others don't feel the same way, and I'm not here to try to sway others. People have to make up their own mind, but my wife and I take the time and work with the school to arrive at solutions, and it works. We have tried several other private schools but are settled on King's Way.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 7%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Security personnel
School psychologist
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff American sign language
Russian
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Multiple disabilities
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Speech and language impairments
  • Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Technology

• School psychologist
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Mike Brown
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Advanced placement courses
  • College prep
  • Core knowledge
  • Flipped classroom (technology)
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Honors track
  • Standards-based

• Arts (all)
  • Religious
  • Service learning
  • Technology
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Computer animation
  • Graphics
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Band of Brothers

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Campus monitoring (WatchDOGS)
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor

Financial aid offered
School-based aid

Planning ahead

College preparation / awareness offered
College prep programs/courses during the year
College presentations or information sessions
SAT/ACT prep classes
School-sponsored trips to college campuses
Day trips to local industries

3300 NE 78th St