Vancouver, WA

Posted April 14, 2015
We wanted to give the school another year to prove itself but it has grown worse and has become a source of heartache. This is a place where the school can do no wrong and families can do no right. They know the words to say to make things look good but it's just lies on top of arrogant lies. My children are glad that they will not be at Kings Way next year. I am just disappointed in myself for letting them go another year because it has damaged them. If I had the chance to do it all over again, I would not send my children to this school, and I would not recommend others go here. Other parents don't need to make the same mistake I did.
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 04, 2015
King's Way is a great school! It seems that the last few 1-star reviews have been from the same bitter parent. There are 700+ student body K-12 (they even have a Learning Center/preschool) and parents send them to King's Way because it's a great school. I personally send my 3 children to King's Way for the following reasons: Great Christian values are taught, high academic standards, teachers that care for and pray with my kids, good use of technology (Smart boards, iPad carts, etc.), expanding sports programs, and many more. They even offer tuition assistance. Please don't judge a school based upon one or two frustrated parents when the vast majority that attend love this school. I would suggest you come to King's Way and take a tour. They have a administration staff member who will take you on a tour of the school and answer your questions for you. Go Knights!

Kings Way Christian Schools 2

Posted February 11, 2015
Our kids started out at King's Way and e thought they'd graduate from this school. In the elementary school everything is pretty good. There were teachers who really cared about our kids and administration was good; however, once we hit middle school everything changed. The new principal has no clue and as a result the middle school is one hot mess. We took several concerns to him and as a long-term parent I happen to know that several other families did as well. Each time he was arrogant and came across with an "I know best" attitude that was not appreciated or helpful. This man has no clue how to speak to children or to their mothers for that matter. My daughter left feeling like he didn't like her. Also, forget about communication. If he doesn't like what you say he simply ignores your emails. The same with the middle school teachers. It's a vicious cycle. They had a mess last year and changed superintendents but they should have taken that opportunity to change middle school staff also because there were plenty of parent complaints last year too. My kids do miss their friends and we made several good friends there, but at some point it just isn't worth the aggravations.
4 people found this helpful

Posted January 11, 2015
It really depends on what you re looking for in a high school. We withdrew our children because we were looking for a high school that would challenge them academically and offer additional courses that would interest them. Our kids are strong in their faith and quickly made good friends in their public high school. And these are friends that have the same Christian values and beliefs and support them. Camas and VSAA are great high schools, so are Union and Mountain View. Skyview and Columbia River are fine. Students are ready for college there. For academics, stay away from Hudson s Bay, Fort Vancouver, Battle Ground, or Prairie. I think the absence of a competing Christian high school in Vancouver makes Kings Way take its parents for granted. It is hard to trust people at that school (and the host church is just impossible to deal with). The people that work there can t see beyond their inflated ego and think parents are stupid. I have heard good things about Seton Catholic and that it is much more family friendly for a high school. They do charge a lot in tuition, and we could not afford it for more than one child.
7 people found this helpful

Posted January 03, 2015
Looking for a school for our son in high school; was considering kings way sadly these reviews have me rethinking but we are limited with private school options in our area. Where did others place their children? Any help would be appreciated

Posted October 20, 2014
My child now attends a different school and we are very happy with it. I will get to the point. We wanted some answers from the church board about some of their decisions and were told that we could not meet with them. We talked with other parents and tried to form a parent organization to have a say and to get information from the church but we were told that parents could not form a group. After attempts with the church pastors and the church board, we could not get the truth or any help. People in that church and school will say what parents want to hear but will not take action but just string parents along. And when people try to do something about it, they just get rid of the students, parents, or even their own staff that try to be part of the solution. Instead there is just cover up after cover up. Eventually we figured out why the school was making the parents angry, and everything pointed to the church. It just makes me sick to think that we wasted our time and money on that place. I guess the school may get better but it will take many years and getting new church leaders. We knew it would be a huge risk to have our child in the school, so we made a choice for safety.
11 people found this helpful

Posted October 08, 2014
I had the pleasure to attend the chapel today at King's Way with my Middle Schooler. Mr Gillock presented today's message after worship. It was one of the most inspiring messages I have ever heard. We feel so blessed to be a family of King's Way, and have felt so accepted since enrolling our 2 kids in the school this year. Thank you for what you've done for us.

Kings Way Christian Schools 4

Posted October 05, 2014
My kids have attended KWCS since Kindergarten and there is far more good to focus on than bad. Unfortunately, in our society, bad news typically is the only news that makes news. It is extremely unfortunate some of the families commenting had bad experiences but no organization will be able to make everyone happy all of the time. And rest assured, the positives far outweigh the negatives when it comes to the school at all levels. I would even argue, some of the negative comments on this page, were the same person or persons commenting more than once. The school has had its challenges, no doubt. I am a firm believer that the changes made this year have made a huge difference as to the climate in the middle school and high school. My kids have thrived both in academics and with their spirituality. They won't and never will get the latter from public schools. This is a great school with a lot to offer. There have been bumps along the way as with any organization or institution. A final thought, for every negative comment on here, there are twenty positive ones that aren't on here yet. If you are considering sending your children here, pay the school a visit in person. R4.5

Posted October 05, 2014
This is a great school and I highly recommend it to others! Yes it has it's ups and downs, but so does everything else in life. You can't expect everything to be done perfectly and I can see teachers and administration trying to make it the best school possible.

Posted October 04, 2014
It obvious that someone, perhaps the church side, lead all five of the reviews that just happened to land on the same day, Oct 3rd. Sneaky and misleading should be in KW mission statement. I pulled my child from KW Middle School after the unprofessionalism of last year. We were told time and time again to put our concerns in the hands of the Lord, we were told the right leaders were informed of the craziness.....thanks to a few parents who spoke up and were later punished. But the "leaders" did too little too late. I was shocked to hear and later asked myself to make sure it was true, that the Church Pastors never even met the MS bible teacher last year. Not a hello, not a shake of the hand, nothing, Please don't assume all is well when you see "Christian" in the title of the school. The church hides behind their four walls and brushes issues under their golden plush carpet.
8 people found this helpful

Kings Way Christian Schools
3300 NE 78th St, Vancouver, WA  98665
Last modified Kings Way Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Kings Way Christian Schools Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top