Vancouver, WA

Posted October 20, 2014
My child now attends a different school and we are very happy with it. I will get to the point. We wanted some answers from the church board about some of their decisions and were told that we could not meet with them. We talked with other parents and tried to form a parent organization to have a say and to get information from the church but we were told that parents could not form a group. After attempts with the church pastors and the church board, we could not get the truth or any help. People in that church and school will say what parents want to hear but will not take action but just string parents along. And when people try to do something about it, they just get rid of the students, parents, or even their own staff that try to be part of the solution. Instead there is just cover up after cover up. Eventually we figured out why the school was making the parents angry, and everything pointed to the church. It just makes me sick to think that we wasted our time and money on that place. I guess the school may get better but it will take many years and getting new church leaders. We knew it would be a huge risk to have our child in the school, so we made a choice for safety.

Posted October 08, 2014
I had the pleasure to attend the chapel today at King's Way with my Middle Schooler. Mr Gillock presented today's message after worship. It was one of the most inspiring messages I have ever heard. We feel so blessed to be a family of King's Way, and have felt so accepted since enrolling our 2 kids in the school this year. Thank you for what you've done for us.

Kings Way Christian Schools 4

Posted October 05, 2014
My kids have attended KWCS since Kindergarten and there is far more good to focus on than bad. Unfortunately, in our society, bad news typically is the only news that makes news. It is extremely unfortunate some of the families commenting had bad experiences but no organization will be able to make everyone happy all of the time. And rest assured, the positives far outweigh the negatives when it comes to the school at all levels. I would even argue, some of the negative comments on this page, were the same person or persons commenting more than once. The school has had its challenges, no doubt. I am a firm believer that the changes made this year have made a huge difference as to the climate in the middle school and high school. My kids have thrived both in academics and with their spirituality. They won't and never will get the latter from public schools. This is a great school with a lot to offer. There have been bumps along the way as with any organization or institution. A final thought, for every negative comment on here, there are twenty positive ones that aren't on here yet. If you are considering sending your children here, pay the school a visit in person. R4.5

Posted October 05, 2014
This is a great school and I highly recommend it to others! Yes it has it's ups and downs, but so does everything else in life. You can't expect everything to be done perfectly and I can see teachers and administration trying to make it the best school possible.

Posted October 04, 2014
It obvious that someone, perhaps the church side, lead all five of the reviews that just happened to land on the same day, Oct 3rd. Sneaky and misleading should be in KW mission statement. I pulled my child from KW Middle School after the unprofessionalism of last year. We were told time and time again to put our concerns in the hands of the Lord, we were told the right leaders were informed of the craziness.....thanks to a few parents who spoke up and were later punished. But the "leaders" did too little too late. I was shocked to hear and later asked myself to make sure it was true, that the Church Pastors never even met the MS bible teacher last year. Not a hello, not a shake of the hand, nothing, Please don't assume all is well when you see "Christian" in the title of the school. The church hides behind their four walls and brushes issues under their golden plush carpet.

Posted October 03, 2014
My children have attended KWCS since pre school. My son is currently a freshman and my daughter is a 7th grader. What a blessing it has been to have them surrounded my loving Christian teachers and friends. We have seen many changes in the school over the past several years, some we were pleased with others took some working through. The point is with God as the clear leader of this school, He foresees the bigger picture and has taken our school to a greater level this year where his presence is clearly evident. Our new high school principal is a true blessing and truly has a heart for building relationships with parents and students, but most importantly God. My son plays football and has the pleasure of playing under head Coach Gillock, my son came to me after two weeks of school and practice and said I feel like my walk with God has grown in these last 2 weeks just by being around coach. Then we found out Coach Gillick would be his new Bible teacher and campus pastor and we could not of been more pleased. This school year is only a month in and we are so pleased we chose to continue our sons high school education here as well as our daughters middle school experience.

Posted October 03, 2014
We have 3 children attending King's Way Christian School an have been for a few years. During that period of time we have seen some incredible changes. The Athletic facility that was built for Soccer, Football and LaCrosse is FANTASTIC! We remember when it as just a pasture. Now our kids are using it for PE and lunch recess daily. Can't wait until they get to MS and HS and can play sports on it. We attended the first HS football game this year, along with 2000 of our closes friends and had a fun evening. Ms. Kipp is our Bible teacher this year(what a wonderful addition to the MS)and along with the other middle school teachers we look forward to a terrific year. We can't say enough positive things about KWCS, If you read this, please check it out for yourselves. Our kids and us just love King's Way. Truly a blessing ...

Kings Way Christian Schools 4

Posted October 03, 2014
I have been part of King's Way for seven years, both as a staff member and parent. It is a great family to be a part of. Teachers have cared deeply about my children, and poured into them the love and knowledge of Christ. There are many activities offered and King's Way focuses on the whole child, not just the academics of them. My family has been blessed by being here, we have grown in who we are in Christ. I highly recommend King's Way to anyone looking for a positive learning atmosphere, where Christ is first for their child, K-12.

Posted October 03, 2014
King's Way Christian Schools (KWCS) is not just about having your child experience a Christ-based education. KWCS is about a community of family, teachers, and administrators who reach out beyond their daily responsibilities to nurture the student's educational experience, to grow the student's relationship with God, and to cultivate a desire to serve those who are in need. My children go to to KWCS and I cannot imagine a place where we are more accepted, where our "family" reaches out to us in faith, any time we are down.

Posted September 13, 2014
Two weeks into this school year, and it is a total mess. I thought choosing a private school means better service. Having regrets about choosing this school over two other schools. I should have listened to others and ask more questions.
2 people found this helpful

Kings Way Christian Schools
3300 NE 78th St, Vancouver, WA  98665
Last modified Kings Way Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Kings Way Christian Schools Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top