Vancouver, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted June 17, 2014
We have two children attending Gardner. Having older children that attended private Christian based schools, we were curious how the Gardner experience would be different. Let me say simply, it's like night and day. No comparison. Not to be harsh to Christian education, but we've found the Gardner staff, parents and culture to be accepting of all peoples, religions and beliefs. Being a very social person, I was concerned that (judging by the tuition costs) there would be snooty parents, driving expensive cars and children dressed like they were going to a photo shoot. I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised by the down to earth families who are committed to their child's education. What I've found is people who send their children to Gardner are 100% invested in their children getting the best learning experience Clark County has to offer. Often times sacrificing fancy vehicles and other luxuries. Our children's teachers are wise, caring and understanding. They are patient, yet firm. Loving and attentive, being fair beyond measure. We're excited to continue being a part of the Gardner school in the years to come. Our children love school!

Posted April 29, 2014
It's nearing the end of our first year at Gardner and we couldn't be more impressed. As a stay at home mom who can count on one hand the number of times my 3 yr old son has been left with a family member or baby-sitter, it was a true blessing to find such an amazing school that I was instantly comfortable with. Gayle is a remarkable, loving teacher and it has been a treat to watch her foster love and friendship between the students in the class. And, the confidence and independence he's gained...Thank You Gayle!!! We are very excited to have found this school and we couldn't believe that's it's right here in Clark County. We plan for our son to attend through 8th grade, and we already feel a part of this very involved community.

Posted April 29, 2014
The Gardner School is unique in its approach to education. I've never known another secular school that takes such clear responsibility for the character development of its students as well as the "knowledge and understanding" component. The faculty and staff are highly educated, dedicated, caring professionals who treat each child with respect and hold them up as capable individuals. With small classes and a well articulated curriculum, the school provides individual educational paths with detailed assessments for every child, from pre-school right through 8th grade. The broad array of "specials" (language, music, PE, art) truly integrated into the curriculum, helps ensure the education of the whole child. Dedicated science resources (faculty and lab) round out the systematic approach to facilitating a truly awesome education. I would be remiss if I did not mention the feeling of community engendered by the school. From the first day we attended, it felt like extended family...or the ubiquitous "village" it takes to raise your child. The real test? My kids LOVE it there, and are thriving.

Posted April 29, 2014
My family has been a part of The Gardner School for over six years and my children love going to school every day. The academic curriculum inspires them to acquire the skills they need, the big ideas behind them and understand how they impact the world. They have developed strong reciprocal relationships with the teachers and staff that creates an environment of safety and love in which they can thrive. Specialist teachers in Art, Music, PE, Spanish and Science work with homeroom teachers to create connections of learning across the disciplines. Homeroom teachers work in small groups in reading and math and are able to individualize the curriculum so that my children work at the pace they need. We're very thankful to be in such a wonderful learning community.

Posted March 23, 2014
Our child is in preschool this year at the Gardner School, and we couldn't be happier. He is respected and honored as an individual, he is encouraged to explore and play -- and his learning has exploded. Everyone on the staff embodies the mission statement of the school -- which is a big reason why we fell in love with it. The campus reminds me of a magical wonderland with a garden and wetlands for students to explore. Our son LOVES the outdoor time! He also loves ALL of his teachers: his classroom teacher, his Spanish teacher, his music teacher and his p.e. teacher. It is a great fit for our family, and plan on being here for a long time.

Posted May 12, 2011
Excellent from the headmaster down to aides. My child is in second grade. He is very precocious and they keep him interested. Remarkable.

Posted June 21, 2010
My 3 year old daughter loved her preschool experience at the gardner school with teacher Clair! I couldn't talk her in to skipping to go to chucky cheese. My child learned so much about science, and became so much more confident in her physical ability. top notch school. Id say it's the princeton of preschools!! If you wan't to raise happy Doctors and Lawyers you got to start early:) Love the garden and wetlands the sighn language, excellent spanish teachers, teriffic music teacher and music room, excellent P.E teacher, inspiring classrooms. and Clair is spetacular A++++

Posted January 21, 2010
I have three children here ages 3, 6, and 8. This is the most amazing school I've ever seen. They teach the children 'how to learn' and there is very little regurgitaion. Children are confident and love to go each day. The teachers are beyond excellent, love the children and their jobs and actively communitcate with parents. The only shortfall is that the cost is prohibitive. If you can swing it, though, it's well worth the investment.

Posted February 03, 2009
My daughter attends preschool here and loves the teacher, claire. In the beginning of the school year, my daughter could not spell her name or identify most letter of the alphabet. Through claire's patient teachings, my daughter can spell her own name, identify all the letters of the alphabet and correctly name the sound the each letter makes. Claire also has a very unique method of teaching mathematics, sustainability and a general love of outdoors that gets my daughter excited about all of the subjects. If the teaching staff isn't enough, the beautiful setting of the school is enough. Wetlands, views of mt. St. Helens, a vegetable garden, truly a great location. I would highly recommend this preschool to parents who are seeking a teacher who will help children to learn the basic fundamentals of math and english, as well as a love for their environment.

The Gardner School 4

Posted October 29, 2008
I've been a Gardner School parent, 'graduate parent', helper and visitor for almost ten years. Every child who attends has the best time of their life there. It is like no other school. Everyone working there loves what they do, the school, the children and the mission. For parents, it's a different story. I've known no fewer than five heads of school. Financial storms come and go. And the tuition limits attendance to those who can afford it. The school is truly magical. The festivals, music nights and plays they produce are fantastic and everyone is deeply committed and involved. My child recounts time and again experiences and friends that will last lifelong.

The Gardner School