Heritage High School

Public | 9-12 | 2062 students

Posted May 6, 2013

I work at Heritage. It is a good school with a lot of resources for all of the students here. However, every parent needs to know that cell phones are not welcome in the classroom. Your child is not doing well because they won't put their phones away during class and focus on learning.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 5, 2013

this is a good high school for the most part . but one math teacher needs to be removed from the evergreen school dist .i disc like paying taxes on teacher that not there for are kids

Posted August 7, 2012

What a Circus! Between the district and the school, there seems to be less than no communication, no one within the school knows what anyone else is doing and asking questions invites a wild goose chase for answers. As a parent, I encountered a handful of caring individuals willing to invest effort in my intelligent, yet charmingly lazy, senior. The admin, however took all year to realize some PE credits didn't transfer and he needed more. Would have been helpful information, right? It's tough enough for a kid to realize his own mistakes, but add them to those made by the people in charge, and this could do much more harm than good. Willing to stake your child's education on this being a unique situation?

Posted November 2, 2010

I'm a Heritage alumni and while I had a great social experience, the education itself was average. Most teachers I had lacked solid credentials and there was a tendency to set the bar low. It was easy to skip, sleep, and not study while still attaining an A (including some AP classes). Overall the school doesn't prepare you for a good university at all since it's goal is to pass the dumbest students alive. If the student isn't smart, flunk them. Don't make the entire curriculum easier because of them. Due to this low bar, most students will be stuck going to weaker schools such as WSU. One reason for the below average student body and teachers is the fact that a major focus of many high schools includes extracurricular activities, and social events that distract the students from the actual education. etc...

Posted February 11, 2010

I go to heritage currently and its a great school but the teachers dont explain things enough and then pile homework on that we dont understand so our grades plumit when our homework has incorrect answers on it.... just something to think about!

Posted July 20, 2009

I really wish it was easier to do multiple things. Big Brother Big Sister interferes with Running Start and sports such as swimming, and band. I would love to do clubs such as art or environmental club. There is a ton of things to do, but not enough time to do it all. Overall, I enjoyed Heritage, but high school is high school, there is always going to be the good kids, the bad kids, the good teachers, the bad teachers, the easy classes, and the hard classes. I don't know how to compare Heritage to to any other high schools, but it is a really good school, and there will always be nice kids to hang around. :)

Posted January 2, 2009

My child goes to this school and I think its the best school ever. I don't think I could have put her in a better school. It's a great school. The teacher involvement is incrediable. Great job heritage.

Posted September 17, 2008

I am a sophemore at Heritage. We definately have alot of school spirit. Most of the teachers are amazing people and good at what they teach. There are alot of opportunities for people who like to dance, such as classes and after school teams. It isn't the best school if you are pursuing art however. There is a photography, drawing, pottery, and basic art class. I found it hard to get into one because they fill up really fast and there isn't much space considering the large amount of students in school. Of ourse, there are great fitness classes for anyone who loves being active or wants to get in shape.

Posted February 21, 2008

I am currently a sophomore at Heritage and love every minute of it. There are so many programs and activities to get involved in. We have a variety of sport and clubs. The classes are also plentiful. Art is encouraged here with a required fine arts credit. There is a great drama program and also photography, pottery, and drawing. Physical Ed. is also strongly encouraged because of the 2 credits required. Standardized testing isn't a huge deal which is good especially if you want your student to care about the work instead ofworking hard to get the grade. The teachers are fantastic with a different style of teaching. Uhm.. there are 4 computer labs which can be used after school. Hope this helps.

Posted October 15, 2007

The education is great and the teachers teach good.

Posted June 25, 2007

arts are encouraged at heritage you need 1 art credit to graduate.teachers are involved with students their opinion is listened to.we do not have poor school spirit,if we did our stands would be quiet at the games.it may be overcrowded but that will change when union9new school in the district) opens in the fall.i as a student have seen others part of multiple clubs and it is not difficult.we hardly get tresspassers at all.the administration helps students by working with them if they get into trouble.they try to help them suceed.i reccomend this school.

Posted March 27, 2007

Arts are great but not encouraged. some teachers are less than involved with students. Poor school spirit and involvment lead to kids who dont care and many failed attempts at 'community atmosphere'. Realistically its over crowded and heading in a bad direction. Clubs dont interact well so its difficult to be a part of multiple ones. Administration seems to be very worried about outsiders will think but they dont spend enough time actually helping students.

Posted January 19, 2006

Heritage is a pretty good school, and its after school activities are very good. it has many choices for all different types of people attending.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted December 14, 2005

Heritage is a great high school. Not only does it provide advanced placement classes for nearly every subject, but it has programs for every level of development. You can tell the teachers want to be there, which gives the environment a very positive feel. As for the extracurricular activities, the sports teams, though I didn't pay close attention, were pretty good. They also had debate, science olimpiad, and a sort of law(trial) event. Parents were involved whenever they wished. The senior party was completely controlled by parents with little to no help by the administrators. Parents also had many random events they had set up occasionaly. It all depends on how involved a parent wishes to be.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted June 1, 2005

Great school. Great Arts, Choir, Drama. Computers in two labs out dated soon to be replaced. Auditorium not at highest quality standards.

Posted October 18, 2004

I am a student that is currently attending Heritage and am starting as a Junior. Heritage has helped me become better in social atmospheres and has helped me become an accomplished Track athlete. My outlook on the next year and college years has been opened to help me get a scholarship and to help me better understand the career choice I have made. I would suggest heritage to anyone whether they were family or friends. The athletics are very accomplished as well as the choir and band. It also offers an array of different extra curricular activities that help on college transcripts and with job interviews. So keep up the good work Heritage. Go T-WolveS.

Posted October 10, 2003

What a joke, i find the AP article about the special education program appalling. administrators and teachers alike should be ashamed of themselves.

Posted June 29, 2003

I'm actually not a parent, but a student at heritage high school. I'm just starting my senior year at HHS and have really enjoyed my years here. HHS has a fantastic music program with dedicated, passionate teachers and talented role model students in all grades. Outside of the band-geek croud that I reside within, the students have a lot of clubs that encourage community envolvement in cultural diversity, economic and government debate, art and literature, and the environment. Despite being a very new school, it has already made significant accomplishments and won awards with its wrestling team, dance team, and band. I have had a blast here, and can't wait to see what we achieve next year!

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 54% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 82% in 2013.

127 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 93% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 53% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 96% in 2013.

145 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % basic, level 3, or level 4

In 2012-2013 Washington used End-of-Course (EOC) examinations to assess students in Algebra I, Geometry, Integrated Math I, Integrated Math II, and Biology. The EOC tests are standards-based, which means they measure how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Washington. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 22% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 66% in 2013.

350 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 72% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 28% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 61% in 2013.

265 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 19% in 2013.

30 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 35% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 35% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 30% in 2013.

48 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 23% in 2013.

66 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 15% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 34% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 20% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 18% in 2013.

All Students84%

Not low income14%
Special education8%
Not special education17%

Math

The state average for Math was 42% in 2010.

457 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 84% in 2013.

459 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 50% in 2011.

518 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 85% in 2013.

449 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % basic, level 3, or level 4

In 2012-2013 Washington used the High School Proficiency Exam (HSPE) to test students in reading and writing in grade 10. Math skills are tested by the End-of-Course (EOC) exams. The HSPE is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Washington. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Reading

Average years educational experience 11N/A12

Teacher education levels

Master's degree or higher 68%N/A66%
Source: WA OSPI, 2009-2010

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

7825 NE 130th Ave